What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chee Kam

Vic Mackey

Referee
Gotta give this guy a bit of a wrap. He’s generally been a bit of a fringe first grader however a lot of that is to do with coaches changing his role around week to week. At the back end of last year he got an extended run starting in the back row and was fairly good.

You want impact from your bench when they come on and I’m both games he’s played he’s given us that. It’s a shame that he seems to be the perennial 18th man as he gives us something a little different from the likes of Aloiai, Twal, Eiso etc. Has a good passing game, offload and footwork. His defence had always been a bit of a let down but since ICs come on he’s fixed that right up.

He’s now a pretty good first grader and I’d find a spot for him in the 17 even at full stentgth.

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah I’m a Chee Kam fan, he works hard and Cleary seems to be getting the best out of him.

The only thing that stops him from getting consistent 1st grade games is the fact we have no 80 min hookers, but hopefully that’ll change soon

Ideally I wouldn’t mind seeing him at the left centre position, seeing as we’re loaded in the forwards and weak in the centres, but we all know Naiqama will never get dropped.

Tiger05

First Grade
He has been great. He has an impact as an edge backrow forward. I also think he could do the job in the centres but I'd be inclined to leave him as a backrower.

I wonder if he could be a starting edge backrower.

Clifferd

Coach
He has been great. He has an impact as an edge backrow forward. I also think he could do the job in the centres but I'd be inclined to leave him as a backrower.

I wonder if he could be a starting edge backrower.

I love Lawrence but I really think his body is deteriorating fast. His stats on Friday night were pretty poor, crucial errors and gave away a couple penalties

I know he won’t get dropped but Rowdy is probably the weakest link in our forwards atm. I think MCK could do a job there easy

simmo05

Bench
I love Lawrence but I really think his body is deteriorating fast. His stats on Friday night were pretty poor, crucial errors and gave away a couple penalties

I know he won’t get dropped but Rowdy is probably the weakest link in our forwards atm. I think MCK could do a job there easy
X 2. Its probably why he is not captain, ic cant guarantee a spot for him.
Club great, champion bloke, but it could be time to show him the door. We need a forward with some line breaking ability, aioli and mck offer this.

Clifferd

Coach
X 2. Its probably why he is not captain, ic cant guarantee a spot for him.
Club great, champion bloke, but it could be time to show him the door. We need a forward with some line breaking ability, aioli and mck offer this.

Quality club man but I think the sensible thing for him to do is to hang up the boots at the end of the year, next year max.

Shame the hip injury totally fckd him

Tiger05

First Grade

I couldn't drop Lawrence but I think the team may be stronger with MCK as a starting backrower. I just think Lawrence has been good all season.

I think the real problem forward is Aloiai. The guy looks like he is going to be a better version of Coen Hess at times but he keeps making big mistakes. Ivan is using him for short minutes I assume as a game breaker but it isn't clicking. If we can get Aloiai to fire I think we can score some points.

Clifferd

Coach
I couldn't drop Lawrence but I think the team may be stronger with MCK as a starting backrower. I just think Lawrence has been good all season.

I think the real problem forward is Aloiai. The guy looks like he is going to be a better version of Coen Hess at times but he keeps making big mistakes. Ivan is using him for short minutes I assume as a game breaker but it isn't clicking. If we can get Aloiai to fire I think we can score some points.

The problem is if you went through all his games the past 2-3 years I doubt you could find one game where he was a complete standout.

Not his fault, but it looks like he plays busted every single game, as hard As he tries.

If it were up to me I’d slot MCK/McQueen there with Aloiai playing an impact role off the bench with bigger minutes. Similar to how Kikau for the panthers plays

super_coach

First Grade

Lawrence is the soul of the club, but he doesn’t have a islander body. The poor bugger is usually a physical wreck by mid season. Maybe if managed correctly we can get him through the season, but after three rounds he looks like it’s round 25. I just think with our quality depth, maybe every third week we give him a weekend at the Hydro Majestic with a spar and massage

super_coach

First Grade
As for MCK...been very good for a while, seems to be happy to play any ro.e the coach asks of him. No super star, but you know what your going to get every week and there is always plenty of effort

BuffaloRules

Coach
How well has this guy been going? Used to think he was only every going to be a journeyman but he has really stepped it up this year......

Thought he was impressive again yesterday when he came on... Had good impact off the bench which the team has been missing in previous seasons...

He has established himself in the Top 17 no doubt... How are they going to fit everybody into the team when Packer and Taylor are back?

Tiger05

First Grade
I stated a little while back who misses out. MCK has been killing it off the bench. If we are full strength I think the best person to miss out is Reynolds but I can't see that happening.

Playing very well and earning his spot every week.

He looks to be quicker, stronger and harder to bring down with the ball this year without looking any bigger.

That all being said, I'm not sure he makes the 17 when ET and Packer both come back.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Playing very well and earning his spot every week.

He looks to be quicker, stronger and harder to bring down with the ball this year without looking any bigger.

That all being said, I'm not sure he makes the 17 when ET and Packer both come back.
Agree.Been very impressed with mck’s Improvement & impact this yr but if everyone is available IC has the regrettable decision of having to drop him.We r in unchartered waters at this once shambolic club re the unbelievable depth we have.

Like him or not the grub has to b in the 17.I know he was blowing hard y’day but 9 is the most demanding position re fitness & I thought he went well.Hes a tough little bastard with integrity & would b desperate to repay IC for the generous contract he gave him.Geez it’s good to b a tigers fan after the perpetual torment we’ve been subjected to .

In IC (& the ageless Ronnie Palmer) we trust !