What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ata hingano released?

BLN2

Juniors
All the more reason to release him rather than force him to stay. Don't want a young kid coming through picking up on that sort of vibe.

Yeah completely agree, I was more talking about the morale of the entire squad. The word out is that not all players are happy with our leader..

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yeah completely agree, I was more talking about the morale of the entire squad. The word out is that not all players are happy with our leader..

You'd have to think all our new buys have no problem with him, RTS just re-signed. Mannering/SJ have a long history with him in the Kiwis.

That's more or less our top players bar a few. Really narrows things down a bit.

If it's the youngsters/fringes who are complaining then it's probably best we weed them out.

Blair

Coach

You can say the same about every Warriors squad bar the Cleary years.

But don't take this as me going the extra yard defending Kearney. Like most I have deep concerns about our prospects this season.

vvvrulz

Coach
Green is the right call for us, however I am worried if an injury comes in who is going to cover.
Ata probably offers more than Mason Lino.

Good luck to him though, the move makes sense for his career.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Green is the right call for us, however I am worried if an injury comes in who is going to cover.
Ata probably offers more than Mason Lino.

Good luck to him though, the move makes sense for his career.

Unfortunately it might not. Ricky Stuart is a f**king horrible halves coach. I remember a thread on the NRL forum listing the ridiculous line of halves that played under him and there was no instance of any stability or quality coaching over time.

Austin Sezer Williams etc, all over the show at Raiders. Sezer rotating through hooker, Austin benched, Williams subbed mid game. Good luck Ata you'll need it with Sticky

Blair

Coach
Unfortunately it might not. Ricky Stuart is a f**king horrible halves coach. I remember a thread on the NRL forum listing the ridiculous line of halves that played under him and there was no instance of any stability or quality coaching over time.

Austin Sezer Williams etc, all over the show at Raiders. Sezer rotating through hooker, Austin benched, Williams subbed mid game. Good luck Ata you'll need it with Sticky

That's strange, as Sticky was a half himself and a great one, as we know.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That's strange, as Sticky was a half himself and a great one, as we know.

Absolutely. There was a thread on the NRL forum (think it might've been the Ricky Stuart is overrated one) where someone listed all the halves that had played under Stuart across his coaching career. It was insane. Paul Gallen was in there! He's just never been able to bring on talent or bring any level of consistency through his halves.

So yeah, good luck Ata. Starting on the bench this week, might be at hooker by the 5th minute. Who the hell knows.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Cappy was also a half for the Raiders who never got the best outta Ata, Johnson, Robson, Leiluai for that matter.

I'd say Ricky Stuart is just a good a coach as he was a player. Stuart coached the Roosters to a NRL premiership and NSW to a Origin series win. The former Kangaroos coach's only blemish is when we upset his Kangaroos in the 2008 RLWC. Not many coaches have achieved the level of success that Stuart has lets not forget.

Blair

Coach
Cappy was also a half for the Raiders who never got the best outta Ata, Johnson, Robson, Leiluai for that matter.

I'd say Ricky Stuart is just a good a coach as he was a player. Stuart coached the Roosters to a NRL premiership and NSW to a Origin series win. The former Kangaroos coach's only blemish is when we upset his Kangaroos in the 2008 RLWC. Not many coaches have achieved the level of success that Stuart has lets not forget.

Interesting. I'd forgotten Stuart's successes whilst coaching.

Did his halves go OK when they won a premiership? We'd presume so. I'd guess it's Maloney, etc. But he was already an established half. I reckon I'd have coached him OK in 2013.

Stuart also played most of his career with the dynamic Daley. So if he is a dud with coaching/developing halves then it's perplexing. Not really our problem though.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors

I don't normally comment on other clubs forums but there's something here that needs a little more info, the late great Graham Murray assembled the side that won the 2002 Premiership, Gus Gould still had a big influence at the Roosters at the time & shafted Muzza for Sticky, plus the Dogs were busted for rorting the salary cap & were excluded so I see no evidence of Stuart being even a Half decent NRL coach

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Interesting. I'd forgotten Stuart's successes whilst coaching.

Did his halves go OK when they won a premiership? We'd presume so. I'd guess it's Maloney, etc. But he was already an established half. I reckon I'd have coached him OK in 2013.

Stuart also played most of his career with the dynamic Daley. So if he is a dud with coaching/developing halves then it's perplexing. Not really our problem though.
I can't remember his Roosters halves at all. I think it was around the time Justin Hodges was a Rooster so it was awhile back.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I don't normally comment on other clubs forums but there's something here that needs a little more info, the late great Graham Murray assembled the side that won the 2002 Premiership, Gus Gould still had a big influence at the Roosters at the time & shafted Muzza for Sticky, plus the Dogs were busted for rorting the salary cap & were excluded so I see no evidence of Stuart being a decent NRL coach
Yeah fair enough. All Im saying are the facts. We know Stuart won a premiership, a origin series and someone thought he was good enough to coach the ultimate Kangaroos. You dont just become Kangaroos coach cos one or two think you suck, you know what I mean.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
IMO Stuart was a class player and is now an average coach.

He inherited a great Roosters side who had kept the nucleus of their 2000 GF losing side. After Freddy retired it turned to shit.

He then won SOO in 2005 at the end of John's career and before the rise of Cronk/Smith/Slater.

His tenures at the Sharks and Eels ended horribly and the Raiders are heading the same way.

He can coach an already good side. He can't build a side.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
He probably can't build a side but three or four years ago the Raiders were a nothing side. No-one expected much from them and they weren't that fun to watch. Now, as of the last 2 years, they've improved. Last year, they had me looking forward to their games and Ive never been a fan of the Raiders. Last time I liked them was when Ricky himself was playing. Not saying thats all Stuart but during his tenure theirs obviously been some improvement.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I just find it ironic that Ata shat on SK before he left saying he wanted to be coached by a good coach (or something similar) and now Sticky is the most under pressure coach in the comp.

Funny how quick things can change tbh

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Without digging through the archives, definitely Brad Fitler played at #6 through 2002 and pretty sure he had Adrian Lam at #7. And I guess Craig wing at #9.
Yep and thats also the year we lost to them in the final to crown them the champions. I looked it up and wondered how I, as a Warriors fan, could forget that.

Blair

Coach
Yep and thats also the year we lost to them in the final to crown them the champions. I looked it up and wondered how I, as a Warriors fan, could forget that.

You're way ahead of me though, Zero, as I was thinking 2013 and Maloney! No way Sticky coached that side.

Latest posts