What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Intrust Super Cup

hellteam

First Grade
So the QLD Intrust Super Cup will be shown on 9 at Midday/1pm on Saturday's IN QLD and the NSW Intrust Super Premiership shown on 9 at the same time on Saturdays IN NSW as confirmed in this 9WWOS article 9 days ago....
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/02/28/19/27/nine-announce-nrl-season-coverage-for-2018-season

Sucks to be me living in NSW and only wanting to watch the QLD Intrust Super Cup games! :rolleyes::(:mad:

Anyone know a way around this other than driving up to QLD every weekend? LOL :confused:

Hey mate, I worked out how to do this. There is a google chrome extension called Manual Geolocation. Make your geolocation Brisbane and you can stream it on the channel 9 site. If you have a chromecast you can then cast to TV. Or connect laptop to TV via HDMI.

I'm in Melbourne watching it now. Can't believe I haven't worked this out until now.

burgess1978

Juniors
The Jets have a link on their we site for live streaming. Not sure if they are actually doing it but the link is there.

So to my knowledge you have ...

- 9Now App with with Google Chrome settings as per the post above ... for the Saturday 1pm game
- TigersTV for Easts games (this is streamed via Youtube)

Then within the "LiveStream" App you have ...
- (Wynnum) Seagulls TV .... search for #SeaGullsTV
- Burleigh Bears .... #BEARSTV

If you are keen for BRL games you also have these in the Livestream App...
- BRL live stream (one game per week I think) .... #BRLTV
- Wests Panthers live stream .... #PantherTV

Will investigate and add more here if I find them

hellteam

First Grade
Tiger TV/Wynnum/Burleigh etc aren't allowed to show the Ch 9 TV games... just the games that aren't televised.

langpark

First Grade
Can anyone tell me why some matches seem to have one ref, then some others seem to have two refs??

burgess1978

Juniors
Whats doing with the PNG Hunters this year? Have lost two in a row now?
Both were away games against highly rated teams (Pride and Falcons). They'll still be in the mix.

I also think there are a 2-3 guys still getting their travel visa sorted sos they may not be fielding their best 17 in away games just yet.

burgess1978

Juniors
Can anyone tell me why some matches seem to have one ref, then some others seem to have two refs??
- Channel Nine game always gets 2 refs
- All finals get two refs
- Outside of that I believe there is no real pattern (location etc. would be a factor obviously) other than that the assistant is often (but not always) someone junior (less than 30 or so games of experience) - so I expect it is used as a teaching/learning tool for the newer refs to a certain extent. There are about 3 games each week with 2 refs.

mikail-eagle

Bench

Also alot of new faces in the squad.
From last year the foward pack is missing the Albert brothers, along with inagural Props Esau Siune (retired) and Henry Wan(released)
Also missing 2nd rowers David Loko and Brandy Peter who have been released this year.
The backs are also without first choice choice centres Isreal Eliab and Bland Abavu. Both are proving hard to replace at the moment.

mikail-eagle

Bench
It is going to get even more tougher for the Hunters starting next week.

Fullback Stargoth Amean will be playing his last game this Sunday because he is giving up the game to fully concentrate on his final year of University Studies.

expansionist

Juniors

Yeah the Easts game yesterday had 2 refs.. some people around me were saying that this year they were doing some with 2 and some with 1 - which may or may not be associated with TV games

Brutus

Referee
Worked fine for me in round 1 game (vs Pride at Easts) and round 3 (vs Redcliffe).

I couldn't get a link. I go to the Seagulls TV page on the wynnum website and it said details coming soon.

Good to know they are still doing it.

The Burleigh and Tiger Tv are great. It doesn't get any better than Dave Wright, Boland and Payney calling games again.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
There was no coverage yesterday.

Another ridiculous side to playing the games as a "curtain-raiser" to an NRL match. Firstly, a curtain-raiser finishing an hour before the following game ? That's really going to entice Broncos fans to come early and watch it.

Secondly, why should Wynnum and Norths fans have to play inflated prices to watch their teams just because two other teams of no interest to them are playing an hour later.

Can anyone give me any positives for this scheduling ?

expansionist

Juniors

Another ridiculous side to playing the games as a "curtain-raiser" to an NRL match. Firstly, a curtain-raiser finishing an hour before the following game ? That's really going to entice Broncos fans to come early and watch it.

Secondly, why should Wynnum and Norths fans have to play inflated prices to watch their teams just because two other teams of no interest to them are playing an hour later.

only positive i can think of is the experience for players playing at Suncorp - however after yesterday i think thats negated as there was practically no one there.

The time between games was ridiculous.

Brutus

Referee

Hope there are no more of these curtain-raisers planned.

What a joke.

Latest posts