What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Wests Tigers v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macnaz

Staff member
Naquama is a glaring weakness in our 3/4’s.Its only a matter of time b4 he costs us a match.Nofa ought to b the 2nd 3/4 picked in the team after Marsters.Albeit in IC we trust !
When are you going to let up .. seriously what the f**k does he have to do ? He makes more game winning plays then losing games week after week and you just death ride him continously. .. ffs if Nofo is to come into 1st grade its at the loss of MWZ ! The guy as hard as he trys offers complet and utter zero.

t
he thompson first half "try" and a couple of other dodgy calls ruined the game

Eels played poorly but still scored 20 points against this"great" tigers defence
And at the end of the game the score was?

IMO a lot of luck at the end except for the great pass from T-Rex to get Jennings over. Forward passes, penalty against Naquama surprised that Parra wasn't penalised and then there was the desire to chance their hand and run with the ball but again I ask, what was the final score?

macnaz

Staff member
We did but we were fatigued. We still won the game easily enough despite the heart attack finish. We obviously have a lot to work on.
Fatigue. ... our 2nd half was absolute f**king garbage .... we let in 2 tries in 3 weeks and then let 3 in by this shit merkin side .. coach will be pissed id imagine

Tigerm

First Grade
When are you going to let up .. seriously what the f**k does he have to do ? He makes more game winning plays then losing games week after week and you just death ride him continously. .. ffs if Nofo is to come into 1st grade its at the loss of MWZ ! The guy as hard as he trys offers complet and utter zero.
Agree, but I can't see why they would be changing a winning side for anyone.
They will get their chance.

Das Hassler

Bench
Brooks obviously still has a ways to go but at last he is playing like a dominant
..confident halfback. ...his solid one on one defence is a MAJOR assett

Vozzy

Juniors
The last 20 min was poor but more with the ball we needed to just hit the ball up and get a kick away and make them chase the game from their half rather gift them the ball 20m 3 times. Defence was still pretty good they scored tries from Kicks. Brooks was outstanding defending trex who was eels best in second half. The final 20 is a learning curve which helps us work on something for next game. If we went on with it making it 40-10 maybe in their minds things would seem easy but the last 20 was a good reminder not to clock off/relax. It's good we have the storm again cos we know we have to play for 80 so today was a good lesson.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He has been a liability in the past re his chronically poor defensive reads & I certainly am not death riding him coz I’d like nothing more than for Kev to serve me a slice of humble pie.He’s certainly making the most of the opportunity given him by Suli departing the club & hats of to him for scoring a brilliant try today.If IC is happy with him that’s all that matters & in IC we trust coz the rapid transformation of this team re toughness fitness & starch in defense is incredible.

Nothing pleased me more today than Brooks’s all round performance.His improvement is a credit to IC’s recruitment & coaching.

To be fair we had a 24 point lead, it was cue in the rack stuff after 3 games that went 80+ minutes. Parra threw the ball around like crazy and a few things stuck at the death, but it was realistically job done.

So far Ivan's signings have been excellent this season, the ones he has in first grade are performing, and he's not just shoving them all into the team for the sake of picking them. We've now shown we are a tough side to beat, and beaten 3 of last years top 4 (and were hard done by against the other).

the positive is that we do have some points in us against poorer opposition.

the negative was that last 20 minutes. I have the feeling they'll be doing some extras at training this week. Having said that the defence was rock solid for the first 60 again.

Thompson is fast becoming my favourite player. He was great, as was the whole team for the first 60 minutes.

When Marshall signed and made those statements of regret about how he left I had a tear in the eye. He is bringing everything he said he would and more. To think our greatest ever player will see out his career at home in this form. It's a dream come true.

Go the Tigs!!!!!

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah I don’t like the fact we took our foot off the throat for the last 20 mins, seemed like we fell back into old bad habits. But after we got out to our lead, I was pretty confident we’d roll them. They looked fckin shot.

Vic Mackey

Referee
All in all a good win. We were completely dominant, 30-6 would have been a fair reflection of the game imo. The clock off at the end was disappointing but probably to be expected after 3 tough games in a row that went down to the last play.

I love our pack so much, everyone has a crack and we have guys who can pull the momentum back with a big hit or run.

Benji and Brooks combined well, I think it's obvious Tui and Liddell complete the spine and give us a lot more threat to the defence.

I still think Nofa needs to come in, he was massive in reserve grade. I'd be swapping him for MWZ. The guy is solid but isn't quick, isn't strong and I don't really see what he offers over Nofa.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Gee, what can you say about Brooks, he is the most improved No 7 in the league.
His defense, his attack, that run from the quick tap, confidence is a wonderful thing.

As for the guy who wants to play SOO, see that yet again, he was have a go at his team mates when things didn't go his way (where's WITTYFAN? )

Brooks was always the more talented coming through the grades. It's been a lack of fitness, coaching and confidence that's held him back. He finally seems to have all 3.