What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors to be sold?

Iafeta

Referee
This bloke is cray cray. I hope Eric has a conscience in the sense that this bloke continually defies the laws of stupidity with his comments. We don’t need him.

Hell, I will take the ARL, provided they have ongoing capital to invest, even if it means that Lowe and Scurrah have to be involved in some capacity. As long as it has no effect on Cameron George who seems to be a bang up good bloke I’m down with it.

JJ

Immortal
Really don't want Lowe and Scurrah stinking the place up again

Rock and hard place scenario

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I expect any desperation to sell on Watson’s part might have abated for the moment.... the club is probably an appreciating asset right now. Whatever else happens I’d be happy if Doyle upped his stake a bit.

flippikat

Bench
One thing to keep in mind - when a business gets new owners it often means a re-brand.

Could there be a return to the original blue-green-red Warriors colours? I'd love to see that!

Penrose_11

Juniors
About 3-4 days ago TVNZ sports news had footage of Fale getting the walk through around Eden Park. I think his 1st big decision being to move the team there away from Mt Smart. Yes EPs facilitates are hands down better than MtS but the playing fields just to far away and atmosphere is shit.

I can see Fale complying with Auck Council parks plan an will move to EP at his earliest opportunity and us fans won’t have any say

Izz

Bench
How so? To be honest that article doesn’t say a whole lot of anything. I do hope they retain n the current staff though as they seem to be getting results. But I haven’t seen any indication that they plan on making wholesale changes for the sake of it.
Just this line from Fale, mainly: "It looks like I'll be the one primarily in the driver's seat for us."

Everything I've seen and read him say so far makes him sound like nothing more than a grandstanding politician (and yeah, i do know he is a politician). Already during this negotiation process it's always been him stirring the pot, making accusations, leaking where they're at in negotiations, etc. A lot (or all) of that would be intentional but personally it leaves a foul taste in my mouth, that political tactic of 'got to stay in the news to get the votes.'

As Iafeta said above, this guy is continually breaking the laws of stupidity with his comments (some of the stuff he's said makes me think he posts on this forum under the username zeromisstackles ;)).

After it finally looks like we have some competent guys at board level, they'll probably get shifted (shafted) in favour of numpties with no idea and we'll back to the same old, same old again.

I'm no big Eric Watson fan, and I definitely don't think selling to the ARL is a good idea. I also know that any new owner will bring uncertainty and pros and cons, but man, I'm not seeing many pros here. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Benek

Juniors
About 3-4 days ago TVNZ sports news had footage of Fale getting the walk through around Eden Park. I think his 1st big decision being to move the team there away from Mt Smart. Yes EPs facilitates are hands down better than MtS but the playing fields just to far away and atmosphere is shit.

I can see Fale complying with Auck Council parks plan an will move to EP at his earliest opportunity and us fans won’t have any say
That would be shit

Blair

Coach
That would be shit

It's funny, ay? We put our heart and soul into a club but, when all is said and done, we have no control over how it's run. It's a business, owned by a private individual/s.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yep a big no to Eden Park, we’ve had that discussion before. Damn I with the waterfront stadium had been build before the RWC, stupid Auckland!

Blair

Coach
Yep a big no to Eden Park, we’ve had that discussion before. Damn I with the waterfront stadium had been build before the RWC, stupid Auckland!

The Pacific Warriors. To take in Hawaii and Mainland USA.

What horror. Nah, I'm just gonna chill out and see what happens. Otherwise I'll be all worked up.

SJ into the 1st year of a new deal
RTS starts his new 4 year deal next season

Doesnt new owners means null and void contracts???
That was the case when Watson took over wasnt it

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

An ownership change doesn't mean anything for the contracts. When Watson took over the old Warriors died and he started fresh so the new entity had nobody contracted.

I believe the NRL has to approve the sale and part of that is ensuring that exact scenario doesn't repeat.

Watson basically purchased the NRL license and then let the club die before hitting the restart button.

Te Kaha

First Grade

Unlike last time this is a "Company" sale. He is selling all of his "shares" in a going concern. As the company is still viable, all contracts are still valid as they represent part of the companies "assets". These include players, staff and license.

Latest posts