What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 5 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Raiders at home to the Dogs tonight. Sticky's job on the line? That new Dogs coach isn't going too flash either although, to be fair, it'll take time to reset the club after Hasler's been at it for so long.

Friday night it's all Sydney, as first the Sharks host Easts. It'll be interesting to see how the latter bounce back after their unexpected drubbing last week. The Sharks too will be disappointed with how many games they've lost so far.

I hope the Dragons don't lose, simply because I want a potential scenario next week when the only two undefeated sides play each other, Warriors v Dragons in Auckland.

Talking about Mt Smart, a massive double-header there on Saturday. Think of the coaches rocking up: Bellamy, Cleary, Green and, um, Kearney. No need to point the only one going into Round 5 undefeated! Moles need to watch Bellamy closely. If he gets a "Hey, how ya doin!' Lemme show ya roun' the joint!" (American accent) then Kearney needs to really enjoy the time he has left.

25,000 expected at Mt Smart. The biggest crowd since about 2015? When the Warriors had their 20th anniversary game v Broncos? Melbourne have significant support in NZ.

Have the Knights really recovered from their disastrous recent past? They started the season strong but have since gone off the boil a bit. The struggling Broncos look disjointed.

Tits will fancy themselves at home to Manly, only because the latter have given their opposition a bit to believe in this season, when Manly are away from 'fortress Brookvale'.

Eels v Panthers. Like Tigers v Storm, playing each other again, so early in the season? It's odd.

Rich102

Staff member
"Moles need to watch Bellamy closely. If he gets a "Hey, how ya doin!' Lemme show ya roun' the joint!" (American accent) then Kearney needs to really enjoy the time he has left."

But I thought they had Bluey locked in?

Tits will fancy themselves at home to Manly, only because the latter have given their opposition a bit to believe in this season, when Manly are away from .

Titans aren't at home due to Commonwealth Games.
They are up in Gladstone.
But "That's in Queensland"

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
"Moles need to watch Bellamy closely. If he gets a "Hey, how ya doin!' Lemme show ya roun' the joint!" (American accent) then Kearney needs to really enjoy the time he has left."

But I thought they had Bluey locked in?

'Hey! How ya goin', Craig? Congratulations on winning last year's rugby championship with Melborn, we hope we can do business together right here in sunny Awklind!

Ten minutes earlier, 'Stephen! Hullo! Great win today! I unnerstand it aint easy knocking over those Queensland Broncos. We'll call you soon, OK?'

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Yep, Raiders stood up tonight ending with a 1 man bench.

I was pleased to read this, they're a long, long way from being my least favourite team.

In fact, sometimes I can get a dose of pre-Warriors nostalgia when I see the lime green in full flow. Even seeing Sticky in the coach's box can get me a bit warm and fuzzy.

They were sensational back then. I bet they get sick of that now. Like a singer, Renee Geyer, constantly being asked to play 'Say I Love You' when she, oh so, wants to move on.

Sticky was on sideline last night, spitting any chance he got.
Good bit of emotion shown from him.
Not sure he should touch the players who failed a HIA on the head?
Said to Fitler he was going to apologies to players for calling them soft since they stood up this week.

Blair

Coach
Chooks bounce back well.

I hope they didn't just have an 'off day' last week (as Kearney said) but were well beaten by an in-form team.

Ok, didnt look like an obstruction.
Reynolds touches Sims, not other way around.
Only thing is Sims stopped in the line.
Was that a square up for a bad forward pass that got Dragon's into that spot?

Blair

Coach
Standing-room only at Kogarah. Gee, people love winners, ay?

I wonder what they do during lean times? Are they still week-to-week fans who just stay away from games? Are they just there because it's a place to be seen? Is footy just entertainment, no different to going to, say, a concert? But if that singer/group is no longer putting out the hits, or lot's of other people aren't going too, then they'll not bother?

What do they do with their supporters jerseys during the lean times?

The fair-weather fan is intrigueing me lately.

I wonder what they do during lean times? Are they still week-to-week fans who just stay away from games? Are they just there because it's a place to be seen? Is footy just entertainment, no different to going to, say, a concert? But if that singer/group is no longer putting out the hits, or lot's of other people aren't going too, then they'll not bother?

Comes down to money, effort and atmosphere.

Why spend your hard earned cash to watch your team lose, fork out for a feed and drink, be around other fans that are pissed off, depressed/moody and spend 20-30 minutes to get there both ways, fight traffic etc.

Much easier to watch at home, go to your own fridge and be pissed off by yourself if your teams not travelling to well. :)

Everything is brighter when your winning (most games).

ouryears

Bench

I was at the game because the effort and players passion is there right now, and they seem to care if they win or lose.
Last year when we lost 9 from the last 12 games I started staying home, hung the jersey in the sunroom still, but watched the games on Tele while doing other things at the same time.

If a favourite singer starts singing like shit, or an actor starts putting out crap movies, same thing.

Well fought loses are fine, but not white flag losses

But the dragons flag is always hung up through thick or thin at home

Latest posts