What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sione

slotmachine

First Grade
Your bench utility really needs to be able to play hooker, unless Griffin is going to go 80 minutes every week.

Even then you need cover for Griffin in case he is injured/HIA.

Spot On

Coach
I agree with No Name re Sione's poor management due to positional changes. That started with Rick Stone.

Atm he is too slow to be effective at centre and to be honest his defensive technique and reads are not up to scratch. I can't defend him from what is plain to see. However, there are major issues with our defensive pattern atm, and it is starting to look worse than it did at times last season so he is not to be the sole blame.

This shouldn't turn into a debate about who is to blame for Sione's current status in our squad but really he is playing firsts due to a lack of depth in the backs imo otherwise he probably would be a bench player.

It's sad to see where he started compared to where he is at now. I would really like to hear where Brown sees him playing in 2 to 3 years time.

Last edited:

Dave_

Juniors
Seriously though, this whole era isn't a strong one for the center position. There's no champion centers in the game. Just get a couple of guys who know how to defend and Ponga and Pearce will handle the rest

Yosh

Coach
Pity to see him have bad games but all youngsters do. He'll learn and be a better player for it. He has the potential and we don't really have any other options so let's back the kid and hope he gets better week in week out.

Noname36

First Grade
Don’t watch Souths games but he’s been getting points in their 3,2,1 so he must be doing something right.

He was getting them in ours too. I didn’t say he was playing badly, just that you can tell he’s not playing for Qld.

Spot On

Coach
They had him on the wing last week as well from what I saw of the 2nd half. Seibold the first NRL coach to work it out?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

Old dog

Juniors
How does Kennard being out relate to Gagai playing wing, couldn't they leave him at centre and replace a winger or is the new centre a better centre than Gagai forcing him on to wing, an explanation would be appreciated, I am confused.

Spot On

Coach
Seibold could really be a good coach. He's been quick to identify his side's weaknesses in defence, wasting no time getting Gagai out of the centres where he has proven to be a liability.

Smart bloke who obviously values his job more than upsetting a winger.