What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

shiznit

Coach
Hearing Anthony Pettis is fighting Khabib now... don’t know if it’s for the title though...

Pettis was supposed to fight Chiesa before the Conor incident...

Imagine if Pettis won the f**king title... how wild would that be... :joy::joy:

stryker

First Grade
The animosity, the rivalry.
Back in the day fighters had respect for their craft, their opponents and themselves. These days they have very little. Its all about the green.
The whole UFC and all its bullshit is fake.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
If he was truly about that life he would have jumped out of that bus as soon as he knew Conor was out there.

Remembering just a day earlier he slapped Artem when he had all his boys around him and asked him where Conor is...

Now Conor turns up and he hides in the bus... :joy::joy:

I have no doubt Khabib did the right thing career wise... and Conor made one of the dumbest career moves ever...

But amongst boys... Khabib got punked... he started this shit... and pussyied out when it got real.

Conor flew half way around the world to back up his boy... f**king childish and stupid for his career... but as far as the man code goes... he did the right thing.

Khabib looks like a bitch now... he did the right thing by the UFC because he has a fight coming up... but It still made him look like a bitch...

It is what it is...
Lol fair enough bro, that ain't broken code to me. If khabib started throwing shit at Artem then fair enough, it 2as a pretty civil convo. I don't remember seeing Any video of a slap but I'll take your word for it I guess.

If you wanna be a real g, then you fight the man when you get a chance. Call him out face to face, fight in the ring, organise a time to go one on one. Don't throw your toys out of the cot and start attacking innocent people. That's the real coward move

shiznit

Coach
I don’t get the reaction from a heap of the MMA fans saying Romero was robbed.

No way in hell Romero won that fight. At best it was a draw.

IMO i had it Rds 1, 2 & 4 10-9 to Whittaker and 3 & 5 10-9 to Romero.

At best they could have given 10-8 to Romero in the 5th but that would have been a draw... at best.

Not to mention he missed f**king weight... they should take points off him just for that.

shiznit

Coach
This is an X Ray of Rob’s hand.... what a gangster.

images

Interesting Yoel and his manager were telling all the media that he’s now the champ...

Sure buddy... the new UFC 185.2 lb champ... SMH...

ebbedfred

Bench

At best they could have given 10-8 to Romero in the 5th but that would have been a draw... at best.

Not to mention he missed f**king weight... they should take points off him just for that.
I posted this elsewhere...….

A lot of people online saying that, probably influenced by Rogan's comments on it. Personally I did not see it as a 10-8 round, and I watched it a couple of times to make sure I didn't miss something.

Romero clearly won the round, no doubt, but I don't think he did enough when he had Whittaker in trouble, he just did not push for a finish. In fact, in a 75 second period he had Whittaker in a dominant position and threw 2 knees to the body, he did so little the ref separated them. Had Romero really pushed harder he could have got that 10-8 if not finished the fight.

As I said, Rogan was saying that he thought it could have been a 10-8, but funnily enough, with 45 seconds to go in the fight, JUST before the ref separated them, Rogan said "Romero has to stop this fight, you gotta think he's behind". Nothing happened in the last minute of note so not sure why he changed his mind.

So I had rounds 1 and 2 clearly for Whittaker, round 3 clearly for Romero, round 4 just for Whittaker and Round 5 clearly for Romero. I thought the decision was fair.

shiznit

Coach
I didn’t personally score it that way but I could see a 10-8 in the 5th.

Based on the new scoring system it doesn’t need to be a total dominant round like the old system.

But I scored it a 10-9 for the very reason you gave.... once he had Rob hurt he didn’t really push for the finish.

Wizardman

First Grade
Great effort from Whittaker. Anything less than 100% effort and skill, Romero will put anybody in the division in hospital. Robert only made two errors in the fight and nearly paid for them.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade

I had it as a Romero win. That was on first watching of the fight and without looking at the stats.

Happy for it to go either way and truth be told Whittaker didn't deserve to lose to a guy who missed weight.

In terms of what's next, I'd happily watch those 2 boys go around again. Maybe do a card with:

Whittaker vs Romero 3
Gastelum vs Rockhold

Winners fight the winners losers fight the losers. Not much else to get excited about in the middleweight division apart from those 4.

Also I think we can all agree now that CM punk has no place in a UFC cage and probably not Jackson either. The fact that he couldn't finish that fight is mystifying.. Was he trying to channel Anderson Silva with his clowning?

Latest posts