What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Cowboys Rd 5

Would it be fair to say that is the best win all year? Seems like it was a hard win defensive effort for the last 40min?

That’s what makes a top four team.
Best win at home this year. :)
Penalties still and issue.
RTS didnt chime in on attack this game and attack in second half looked unorganised.

Something is up with JT and Morgan.

JJ

Immortal
RTS didnt chime in on attack this game and attack in second half looked unorganised.

Think Morgan has moved on from being the #2

He showed last year he's perhaps the best half in the comp and now he's been shifted back to being an afterthought

TheDMC

Bench
Jeepers that was hard work. On a far flung fijian island trying to stream and radio listen to the game on shitty internet while my missus was chewing my ear off for ignoring the fijian cultural dance accompanied by blasting music next to me. I told her they would understand...but that didn't wash (sure enough as soon as the dance was off they split at extreme pace to the village to catch the Hong Kong rugby 7s on telly...). Nothing worse than a nagging missus when game time.

Dav0c

Juniors
I reckon a set in attack would’ve been a lower risk way to eat up time and 10 isn’t really a much better lead than 8.

I think it's one of those 50/50 plays that some would agree with and some wouldn't. I'd gamble on the opposition missing at least one conversion.

MKEB...

Staff member
I think it's one of those 50/50 plays that some would agree with and some wouldn't. I'd gamble on the opposition missing at least one conversion.

But you are talking about JT here. I honestly couldnt see the Cowboys pegging us back at that stage,; so I was happy with either call.

Benek

Juniors
One thing I've noticed this year is the Warriors continuously shutting down the opposing star players. Inglis, Cronk, JT, JT2, etc. have all been really quiet against us. Sometimes I forgot they they were even on the field. JT looked like a tired old man today and did hardly anything noteworthy. I don't think it's us necessarily targeting these guys, it's just that our intensity is limiting their opportunities and frustrating them. This is a really really good sign. One of many good signs so far this year. Fingers crossed for a 7-0 battle royal against the Drags in 2 weeks!

Dav0c

Juniors
But you are talking about JT here. I honestly couldnt see the Cowboys pegging us back at that stage,; so I was happy with either call.

He's the one player that would make me question the decision to go for two in that situation. Two years ago I don't think it would have been enough.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
One thing I've noticed this year is the Warriors continuously shutting down the opposing star players. Inglis, Cronk, JT, JT2, etc. have all been really quiet against us. Sometimes I forgot they they were even on the field. JT looked like a tired old man today and did hardly anything noteworthy. I don't think it's us necessarily targeting these guys, it's just that our intensity is limiting their opportunities and frustrating them. This is a really really good sign. One of many good signs so far this year. Fingers crossed for a 7-0 battle royal against the Drags in 2 weeks!

Yep. They’re doing their homework and sticking to a plan to shut guys down. They shut down Taumalolo and Hess well too, both of who I had pegged as danger men.

Not JT.
Our attack wasn't on song, so probably best call for how the leaders on field felt the game going.
A rest for team to defend it out.
Botched short kickoff attempt after helped out.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Not JT.
Our attack wasn't on song, so probably best call for how the leaders on field felt the game going.
A rest for team to defend it out.
Short kickoff attempt after helped out.
The short kickoff was my only worry, if the cows had regsthered they’d have still had a sniff.

Press conference:
SK real tough game, 2nd half came up against a desperate team.
Attitude and commitment is different.
Boys responding to Rodge as the conductor in the middle of the park.
Going to make errors under pressure just need to minimise and focus on improvement.

RTS: sticking to process but making to many errors. Because of all defense in 2nd half when we got down there we couldn't execute.
JT 1 target for us, but other classy players.

SK: Mannering played 60mins to get his fitness back, classy playing not to far away from starting.
Talked about expectations due to crowd not talked about during week.
Wonderful crowd, great to have both games and watching the 2 contest was fantastic and thanks to admin staff.
Pleased to draw a big crowd here tonight and to win for fans and memebers.
No injuries just bumps and bruises.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Dammit..a 5-0 hangover this morning. Bugger yous wazzas

Ha, if I hadn’t had to start work at 6am today I reckon I’d have done the same. As it was I had a few beers during the game then turned in as soon as the Newcastle game finished and dodged that one.

Iafeta

Referee

Thurston is old AF. Frankly he was always a substandard defender (often masked by Rabs with a 2 minute soliloquy to describe his bravery on a third man in tackle in cover defence scramble on a break inevitably made through his miss), but he now has lost pace. The Warriors defence really didn’t have to panic on him.

Blair

Coach
Ha, if I hadn’t had to start work at 6am today I reckon I’d have done the same. As it was I had a few beers during the game then turned in as soon as the Newcastle game finished and dodged that one.

You played it as smart as the team did last night.

I did the same, last beer by 10 pm. Good sleep. Inevitable call-in to work today, but a nice 2:30 pm start.

No hard liquor is also key to being OK the next day. It's seems simple, really. But so is Johnson not kicking the ball straight down Moylan's throat every time during last year's second-half debacle at Penrith. Human-beings are fallible.

I talked to the old man last night on the phone, he said there was a guy holding up a sign during the game that read, 'Where have all these people come from?'

Classic.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I love Sunday shifts, the booze savings plus the fact that I’m on double time and a half puts me up at least $600 after tax!

Didnt know where to put this.
But after 5 rounds we have conceded the lowest points in club history.
Next closest is 82 in 1996.
2007: 89
1997: 92
1999: 93
From NRL 360

Apparently Paul Kent talked to Corvo and when Corvo showed up he gave them running numbers they had never seen before. Whinging at the start, but told this is the standard. Also learning to make decisions under fatigue.

Last edited:

Latest posts