What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Avenger

Immortal
When do we say enough is enough? Is it when it reaches 0-10 or do we wait until the end of the season when we miss the 8? Is the spoon unacceptable and we sack him or is just missing the 8 the threshold?

Trent Robinson had a similar terrible season with the Roosters even though he had greater credibility by winning a premiership. Brian Smth had similar miserable seasons in 2003/04 and made some great recruitment decisions for season 2005. I just don't think BA can attract develop players like Brian Smith was able to in 2005 when he landed Riddell, Tahu, Eric Grothe Jr, PJ Marsh, Paul Stringer Chad Robinson and unearthing players like Tim Smith and Moimoi.

This side regardless of the coach needs a massive clean up for 2019.

Avenger

Immortal
Come on Baz, contribute. I'm intrigued to read the thoughts of the less angry merkins.

Avenger

Immortal
I already have in the other thread.

If we are fair dinkum about rebuilding our club, BA must see out his contract. We cannot be the club that hasn't had a coach see out their deal since 2006.
What if we come last?

Bazal

Post Whore
What if we come last?

Then you tell Brad he has 2019 to turn it around and that you will be interviewing candidates for his position if he doesn't perform to expectations in the first half of the season.

We have a reputation of abject mismanagement and if we ever want to become the force we have been at times in the past again, we first need to fix that. It's not like there is a genius coach out there, unemployed and miserable with clubs champing at the bit to sign him...

When do we say enough is enough? Is it when it reaches 0-10 or do we wait until the end of the season when we miss the 8? Is the spoon unacceptable and we sack him or is just missing the 8 the threshold?

Trent Robinson had a similar terrible season with the Roosters even though he had greater credibility by winning a premiership. Brian Smth had similar miserable seasons in 2003/04 and made some great recruitment decisions for season 2005. I just don't think BA can attract develop players like Brian Smith was able to in 2005 when he landed Riddell, Tahu, Eric Grothe Jr, PJ Marsh, Paul Stringer Chad Robinson and unearthing players like Tim Smith and Moimoi.

This side regardless of the coach needs a massive clean up for 2019.

Tricky question. I don't see much point in firing him mid-season, unless there's an opportunity to secure someone outstanding (and I can't imagine who that would be). The crux of your question is the bit where you say that you don't think BA can attract players of the right quality. I'm not sure that's the case, but there may well be a problem with respect to the players that he tries to attract to the club. I think it is very fair that people ask question about the last season's recruitment, and the planned balance of the squad.

As I see it, the biggest error has been an emphasis on retaining players (forwards) of similar type.

Noise

Coach
If we miss the 8 he should be punted. If we fail to win a game in the next few weeks I reckon he'll be punted a lot earlier than that

strider

Post Whore
When we reach 47 threads about the same thing....
I dunno .... i think i'd like to see another 10 of the same shit .... can never have enough

Just chill out and try and enjoy whats left of your easter avenger .... we already know how you feel mate - you tell us 100 times after each loss

hindy111

Post Whore
I doubt we are 0-10 but if we are then yes he is gone.
I expect we start to win a few games soon.Come end of season is when id say we decide on BA and his future.
If we end up missing the top 8 id look elsewhere. For me it has lots to do with the fact he hasnt developed and real tactics and persistent with guys like Beau Scott who look to have gone to long.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I love BA, reckon he is a top fella and would love to see him win a comp with us.

But I just can’t see him getting us out of this, we look so poor and off pace.

What do we do??? He needs help at least, another assistant coach, a head of football?? Something needs to be done because what we are doing atm just isn’t good enough.

Bazal

Post Whore
This is the attitude that stayed with us from 2010 onwards........sack the coach!!!!!!

Exactly. And it's the attitude that ultimately lead us to rort the cap and disgrace the club entirely paying brown paper bags to muppets like Daniel Harrison.

You cannot sack every single prick that comes along to coach your side and attract good coaches, or good players. You need to demonstrate faith and stability, and we have utterly failed at that since 2006.

Even if we miss the 8 for the next two seasons with BA, he MUST see out his deal unless he chooses to stand down. People are too quick to forget how deep a hole this club was in....it will take much more than a season or two to fix it across the board

Noise

Coach
I already have in the other thread.

If we are fair dinkum about rebuilding our club, BA must see out his contract. We cannot be the club that hasn't had a coach see out their deal since 2006.

Didn't BA see out his original deal?