What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Sea Eagles @ Lottoland

Who will win? Round 6: Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
I like that team a lot. Nofo is a weapon and deserves a shot. I think Felise deserves a chance ahead of Sue based on form but Sue can be a beast as well.

Two things stand out to me:-

1. That pack looks really good and we have Packer & ET out. They are both going to start whenever they are fit.
2. Reynolds is back off the bench. How is he going to fit in ?

Clifferd

Coach
Cleary playing mind games probably. I don’t see how Reynolds works off the bench

We bought him to primarily play five eight not dummy half

Tiger Ted

Bench
Great to c Thompson & Liddle at 1 & 9.Sue has to b ahead of soft cock grant in the pecking order.

The only thing we will miss from LoLo is goalkicking.Overall LoLo hasn’t set the world on fire & so glad that Godinet isn’t in the team.His poor kmservice from dummy half was a massive liability.

Welcome back to one of our favourite sons Nofa.Hope u don’t screw this opportunity to cement ur spot in the top grade.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I like that team a lot. Nofo is a weapon and deserves a shot. I think Felise deserves a chance ahead of Sue based on form but Sue can be a beast as well.

1. That pack looks really good and we have Packer & ET out. They are both going to start whenever they are fit.
I agree re Felise.He should b ahead of Sue & Grant but unfortunately it’s not what IC thinks.In IC we trust.

Really hope Sue has a massive game to send a message to the rest of forwards that he desperately wants a spot in the 17.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm a fan of Tui but he hasn't been great. He has come up with some big plays but Nofo on the wing and Thompson at fullback looks better than what we had last week.

Nofo deserves to be in the team based on how he played and conducted himself for a number of years. He also looked good in reserves.

Tui is listed as playing fullback in the reserves so does that indicate he's been dropped?

Thought that it would have been Nofo for Thompson and Thompson move to other wing.

I think overall IC will replace like for like especially in the forwards, hence Twal in for Packer as props.
Sue went to NZ last weekend so I think he is definitely in front of Grant.

I would start Reynolds at 6 (as Cliffered said, he was bought to be 6 and Benji as a backup) and move him to 9 when Liddle gets his first break but surely Liddle has to be close to playing closer to 80 minutes now?

Clifferd

Coach
Somehow I doubt Liddle will probably play a full 80 all year unless injury strikes to Reynolds or Benji which actually is kinda likely

Vozzy

Juniors
The last 5 weeks though we won against strong opposition even the eels were desperate in that game. Having Lolahea at fullback could have been more due to Ivan having balance in the team with Reynolds out. Like if Benji or Brooks got injured Lolahea was there to cover wheras now grub is back the balance of the team changes. Also dropping Nofolouma has brought the best out of him he hasn't sulked he took it on the chin and still performed professionaly which was a reaction Ivan would of looked for now Lolahea must do the same.

Despite winning 4/5 we could easily be 1/5 playing aswell as we have cos the games have been close. Ivan is probably still trying to work out his best 17 no one has let him down at all from both the first grade team and ISP. Win lose or draw I know the boys will put in. Ironically Manly will throw more at us then say Melbourne and the roosters cos those teams are structured and rely on wearing teams down which works in semi final football where the next 3 weeks manly knights and eels will be more attacking but worse defensively.

I'm not going to be dishearted when we lose cos I know they will put in to make up for mistakes unlike in the past they gave up in the 60th min. I'm enjoying the ride and I really love going to ashfield leagues and watching the game feel part of something special building.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I think we are the only team in the comp where it is horses for courses. Thompson may add more against a team like Manly. Next week Tui might be back, maybe not. Depends on who we are playing, what they both bring to the table and how Tui goes in reserves.

Why not? There seems to be no issues with combinations same might go for Benji and Reynolds.

Last edited:

Mario chalmers

Juniors

Felise was great in the trials but he's been ineffective at NRL level before - is he perhaps a bit short?
Nofo definitely too good for the two's I agree

I think when Packer and ET come back it would be Cheekam and Sue to give way.
Reynolds will come on at 9, he was training at dummy half during the off season with an expectation he'd jump in there when Benji came on. The only problem with this is that Reynolds cannot pass. He is woeful and will show it on Sunday

Very happy Tui was dropped - often out of position at fullback and terrible support play. Clearly unfit

Tiger05

First Grade
Felise was great in the trials but he's been ineffective at NRL level before - is he perhaps a bit short?
Nofo definitely too good for the two's I agree

I think when Packer and ET come back it would be Cheekam and Sue to give way.
Reynolds will come on at 9, he was training at dummy half during the off season with an expectation he'd jump in there when Benji came on. The only problem with this is that Reynolds cannot pass. He is woeful and will show it on Sunday

Very happy Tui was dropped - often out of position at fullback and terrible support play. Clearly unfit

I couldn't drop Chee Kam because he has been great off the bench and he gives either Rochow or Lawrence a rest. I think Chee Kam might go though because a good player is going to miss out if we are fully fit. I suppose it's rare you get a team that has no injuries to all starting and bench forwards.

I think Felise just deserves another chance but that is one more to the list of props that get a run. Sue has looked good in reserves but not as good as Felise has been on a consistency basis.

I pray Reynolds kills it at dummy half because we really need him to slot into that role. The problem is that as you state he looked terrible there or anywhere in the trials.

super_coach

First Grade
Hate going into a game without a good kicker. We lost to Brisbane because Masters missed a sitter. If he had kicked that goal, Kliens blunder would never had been a issue.

Also hot afternoon a Brookie is a worry as they like to play a very quick expansive game. Anyway you would have to think we are a good chance to keep the wins rolling, but I just see this as a real danger game

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm hoping that Reynolds kills it at dummy half. We made a pretty big investment with him so we can't just have him floating around as Mr Fix It. Maybe Benji will drop off to bench and Reynolds will be starting 5/8?

macnaz

Staff member
Must say im not a fan of Thompson at fullback , he seems solid there i guess but doesnt seem to be very good injecting himself and supporting from there , in saying that Tui can and has be great at times providing that spark but hasnt shown that enough in 2018 at this stage.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Must say im not a fan of Thompson at fullback , he seems solid there i guess but doesnt seem to be very good injecting himself and supporting from there , in saying that Tui can and has be great at times providing that spark but hasnt shown that enough in 2018 at this stage.
Watch the cronulla trial again I reckon. Thompson positioning was awesome. He beat Luke Lewis to a kick when he had no right to get there first. He obviously isnt Tedesco but he's the best we have for now.

Thompson and Tui both poor support players though I agree. It will be upsetting if LIddle keeps making breaks through the middle and has nobody in support

Might not have the support play but I'll take his all in kick returns over Tui's trundling.

super_coach

First Grade
No kicker, no Packer, hot afternoon, playing at Brookie, all adds up to hard road trip. Up to date we have played basically very structured teams, Manly on the other hand play a little more off the cuff and maybe harder to defend. I actually think Manly a real good chance in this game...hope I am wrong