What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors to be sold?

Skinner

Coach
This bloke is cray cray. I hope Eric has a conscience in the sense that this bloke continually defies the laws of stupidity with his comments. We don’t need him.

Hell, I will take the ARL, provided they have ongoing capital to invest, even if it means that Lowe and Scurrah have to be involved in some capacity. As long as it has no effect on Cameron George who seems to be a bang up good bloke I’m down with it.
The ARL have plenty of capital, but my concern with them is the lack of business
acumen.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Unlike last time this is a "Company" sale. He is selling all of his "shares" in a going concern. As the company is still viable, all contracts are still valid as they represent part of the companies "assets". These include players, staff and license.

Yep. Last time on the other hand was essentially a liquidation sale. Watson bought the assets and operating license of a failed entity, not a going concern.

An ownership change doesn't mean anything for the contracts. When Watson took over the old Warriors died and he started fresh so the new entity had nobody contracted.

I believe the NRL has to approve the sale and part of that is ensuring that exact scenario doesn't repeat.

Watson basically purchased the NRL license and then let the club die before hitting the restart button.

Cheers Mate

Unlike last time this is a "Company" sale. He is selling all of his "shares" in a going concern. As the company is still viable, all contracts are still valid as they represent part of the companies "assets". These include players, staff and license.

Thankis for clearing that up bro

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Diesel

Coach

Skinner

Coach
I don't think that it influenced yesterday's result. It has been in the wind for quite some
time now......unless they know something that we don't, and it has unsettled them.

Skinner

Coach
Oh dear, I am now hearing some extremely uncomfortable stuff on Owen Glenn. I just
sincerely hope it is bullshit. It did come from the NZ Herald, so here is hoping......

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Kidding? He'll sell to whoever will pay his price.
He may have missed his opportunity.

I’m not so sure about that. Owning a sports team isn’t a purely financial exercise- Watson would’ve cut and run years ago if it was. I’d say he’s got a fair bit of ego and sentimental attachment tied up in it.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Oh dear, I am now hearing some extremely uncomfortable stuff on Owen Glenn. I just
sincerely hope it is bullshit. It did come from the NZ Herald, so here is hoping......

Shit, that’s one name I really didnt want to hear again in any Warriors discussion.

Any link Skinz? I can’t gind anything on the herald website.

Last edited:

Latest posts