What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Draft Season 2018

Haffa

I remember being angry watching Big Red trade away the Eagles 1st Rounder in that Draft. Then in the second round he traded away their first of 3 picks in that round.

The trade with Carolina got their 1st in 2009 and 2nd in 2008. They used that 1st and a 4th to get Jason Peters so that was a delayed win.

nick87

Coach
I remember being angry watching Big Red trade away the Eagles 1st Rounder in that Draft. Then in the second round he traded away their first of 3 picks in that round.

The trade with Carolina got their 1st in 2009 and 2nd in 2008. They used that 1st and a 4th to get Jason Peters so that was a delayed win.
How f**king great is JP?
Dancing mfing bear.

But yeah AR's drafting was often infuriating. Even though he made THE defensive play of the SB, im still angry that we passed on Earl Thomas for Brandon Graham. Earl Thomas was THE perfect pick for us.

But in 2008, trevor f**king laws... are you kidding me? haha

beave

Coach
Anyone seen the New Era draft caps for 2018? They look like an unofficial one you’d buy from a gas station over there

f**king woeful

nick87

Coach
It would appear steam is gathering that the Browns are going to take Allen first overall
What are people's thoughts on this?

I think its a big risk, obviously the upside is significant but for a team who has failed miserably at the position for so long, i really think they'd be better off taking a safer option like Darnold or Rosen. If they pass on one of those guys and Allen washes out, it'll be another embarrassing chapter, where as i feel like if they go with Darnold and he busts, they'll take less heat. Which is a strange thing to say because i really think once you get into those sorts of mind frames you've already lost the draft... but it's the browns. Competency at the position has to be achieved.

Also NYG @ 2 is fascinating. A lot of talk of them going away from the Qbs... which would be madness given how Eli's played the last 2 years. Id take Darnold or Rosen, in that order. I think they're smart enough to figure out that you dont plan to be picking #2 anytime soon, with a 37 year old QB, and what is said to be a loaded draft at QB... You have to do and i think they will

Jets seem like a good spot for Mayfield, i could see that being a their guy. And then i think the Browns are going to move out of #4 and sell it to Buffalo for a motza so they can come up and get Rosen.
So im seeing this:

1. Browns: Allen
2. Giants: Darnold
3. Jets: Mayfield
4. Bills: Rosen

Jackson to the Cardinals is a real chance, and i could see the Broncos moving back up into the top of first (maybe #32 with Philly who probably wouldnt mind moving back and collecting an extra day 2 pick) for Mason Rudolph

What are peoples thoughts on where all the QBs land?

kurt faulk

Coach

hard to see a qb who has accuracy issues in college making it in the nfl.

at least the browns have people in place to help the qb. hc-jackson, oc-haley, qb coach-zampese. the rookie has a chance to grow and improve.

for example jared goff as a rookie had, hc-fisher, oc-boras, qb coach-weinke. a who's who of useless offensive minds who also happened to be terrible teachers. he never had a chance as a rookie.

move forward a year and he had, hc-mcvay, oc-lafleur, qb coach-olsen. great offensive minds and teachers. the results speak for themselves.

what i'm saying is whoever the browns pick at least he has a fighting chance to make it.

shiznit

Coach
It would appear steam is gathering that the Browns are going to take Allen first overall
What are people's thoughts on this?

I think its a big risk, obviously the upside is significant but for a team who has failed miserably at the position for so long, i really think they'd be better off taking a safer option like Darnold or Rosen. If they pass on one of those guys and Allen washes out, it'll be another embarrassing chapter, where as i feel like if they go with Darnold and he busts, they'll take less heat. Which is a strange thing to say because i really think once you get into those sorts of mind frames you've already lost the draft... but it's the browns. Competency at the position has to be achieved.

Also NYG @ 2 is fascinating. A lot of talk of them going away from the Qbs... which would be madness given how Eli's played the last 2 years. Id take Darnold or Rosen, in that order. I think they're smart enough to figure out that you dont plan to be picking #2 anytime soon, with a 37 year old QB, and what is said to be a loaded draft at QB... You have to do and i think they will

Jets seem like a good spot for Mayfield, i could see that being a their guy. And then i think the Browns are going to move out of #4 and sell it to Buffalo for a motza so they can come up and get Rosen.
So im seeing this:

1. Browns: Allen
2. Giants: Darnold
3. Jets: Mayfield
4. Bills: Rosen

Jackson to the Cardinals is a real chance, and i could see the Broncos moving back up into the top of first (maybe #32 with Philly who probably wouldnt mind moving back and collecting an extra day 2 pick) for Mason Rudolph

What are peoples thoughts on where all the QBs land?
This QB class is probably the best total class I’ve seen as far as depth goes since probably 2014...

Allen worries me because of his accuracy... if you ain’t accurate against college defences... it’s pretty f**king tough to get better against NFL defences.

He seems like he’s a good kid though... the type of kid who will work his ass off.

shiznit

Coach

hard to see a qb who has accuracy issues in college making it in the nfl.

at least the browns have people in place to help the qb. hc-jackson, oc-haley, qb coach-zampese. the rookie has a chance to grow and improve.

for example jared goff as a rookie had, hc-fisher, oc-boras, qb coach-weinke. a who's who of useless offensive minds who also happened to be terrible teachers. he never had a chance as a rookie.

move forward a year and he had, hc-mcvay, oc-lafleur, qb coach-olsen. great offensive minds and teachers. the results speak for themselves.

what i'm saying is whoever the browns pick at least he has a fighting chance to make it.

Agree 100%

They have done the best they could probably do in put a good coaching staff around him... they have a decent line... although losing Thomas is a blow...

They added a nice slot guy in Landry to pair up with Josh Gordon. They have Njoku at TE.

Maybe they end up with Barkley at RB.

And they have Tyrod Taylor as a bridge who can allow the kid to ease into it.

There’s no guarantees with drafting a QB... especially if your the Browns....

But at least they have done the most they f**king can to help the situation.

nick87

Coach
I just don’t see the browns taking Barkley @ 4
They just paid Hyde and have Duke Johnson. Those are damn good players, and a perfectly good and well balanced RB committee
I think they’ll trade the pick to buffalo for the last remaining qb of the big 4

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Taking Allen with the #1 is such a Browns thing to do.

Picking the Browns will take Chubb at 4. Pairing him and Garrett would set their D up for years.

nick87

Coach
Taking Allen with the #1 is such a Browns thing to do.

Picking the Browns will take Chubb at 4. Pairing him and Garrett would set their D up for years.

Yep, if the Giants go QB, i could see them just sticking at 4 and taking Chubb
If the Giants take Chubb, i think they trade out

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If Darnold drops to 2 and the Giants are willing to trade the Bills will be all over that.

There's talk that the Giants are high (OBJ reference here) on Darnold and would probably take him, but that could definitely be draft smokescreen talk to drive up the trade price.

shiznit

Coach
I like Darnold ALOT!

The more tape I watch of him the more I fall in love with the kid.

He just looks like he has all the ingredients you want in a franchise guy.

As far as I’m concerned he’s the best prospect since Luck.

But then again... I’d probably make a terrible scout... :joy::joy:

Haffa

It’s got to be some kind of smoke screen there is no way Allen is their preferred option.

kurt faulk

Coach

Man i hope that Griffin kid falls to the rams in the 3rd. They need a high impact lber to fill out their d.

Also need to restock their oline depth and a nose tackle to take over when suh leaves after this season.

So many needs, so little high impact draft picks. Snead really needs to perform in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Man i hope that Griffin kid falls to the rams in the 3rd. They need a high impact lber to fill out their d.

Also need to restock their oline depth and a nose tackle to take over when suh leaves after this season.

So many needs, so little high impact draft picks. Snead really needs to perform in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Fortunately for you guys LB and Guard are probably the two deepest positions in this draft.

Fortunately for me too I guess. 9ers need both too (plus a lot more).

zombie jesus

Staff member
Steelers tiers in no particular order

There's a Glitch in the Matrix
Roquan Smith
Tremaine Edmunds
Derwin James
Quinten Nelson

Probably Gone
Leighton Vander Esch
Rashaan Evans
Harold Landry