What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Offseason thread

abpanther

Staff member
I dunno man I would've preferred to stay put at 23 and take DJ Moore who I really like and could end up being a much more dynamic WR than Cooks

kurt faulk

Coach
I dunno man I would've preferred to stay put at 23 and take DJ Moore who I really like and could end up being a much more dynamic WR than Cooks

true but the rams want to win it all this season. a rookie wr won't be anywhere near ready to ball out this year. moss/obj type rookie seasons are very rare in the nfl. this is the year to do it for them. it gets harder to keep all these players next season. by some reports cooks wasn't looking for watkins type money and nowhere near obj money. if mcvay loves cooks, and apparently he wanted him last season, then i want cooks.

abpanther

Staff member
true but the rams want to win it all this season. a rookie wr won't be anywhere near ready to ball out this year. moss/obj type rookie seasons are very rare in the nfl. this is the year to do it for them. it gets harder to keep all these players next season. by some reports cooks wasn't looking for watkins type money and nowhere near obj money. if mcvay loves cooks, and apparently he wanted him last season, then i want cooks.

Yeah agree Cooks will contribute more in the short term, also means you gotta fork out the big bucks sooner!

kurt faulk

Coach
Yeah agree Cooks will contribute more in the short term, also means you gotta fork out the big bucks sooner!

yeah, they won't be keeping all of them. they will be getting alot of comp 3rd round picks when they leave. they will be cheap.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Benjamin Allbright reporting that Pats are going after Rosen now. They will need to trade Gronk to even be in contention to do that.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Broncos sign Marquette King on 3 year contract incentivized up to $7m.

ezgif.com-resize-5.gif

For some reason I don't hate him anymore.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Yeah I can see this backfiring on us BIGTIME... smh...
He sure will get a workout with us if our offensive output remains the same this season. His ball placement is some of the best I've ever seen from a punter, with that said, e is still a punter so if you find a decent replacement I'm sure he won't be missed too much. Dixon was atrocious for us last season, like the rest of special teams.

I've really liked what Elway has done this off-season so far, it's giving me memories of 2014 with Ware, Sanders and Ward. No superstars this time around, but filling some pretty big holes in our roster.

shiznit

Coach
That’s trash bruh...

Sticking up for the Niners makes my skin crawl... but those are completely different situations...

And Kaep is already unemployed trying to find work... nothing is guaranteed to him.

Foster is already employed... he has a guaranteed contract. He has rights as an employee. And while pretty f**king heinous... these are only alleged at this stage.

The Lucky Whitehead situation would be a more comparable situation if they were trying to make that type of point...

nick87

Coach
If they were going to cut him, why now? Why not before FA so they could replace him?

Could they be trying to lure obj? That’s a very Jerreh thing to do.

As of right now that Dallas team has a real stink about it

Haffa

Hanging onto him a month in FA so he can’t shop himself around. Way to treat one of your long term stars. Stay Classy Jerruh.

DC_fan

Coach
If they were going to cut him, why now? Why not before FA so they could replace him?

Could they be trying to lure obj? That’s a very Jerreh thing to do.

As of right now that Dallas team has a real stink about it

This is a question many are asking.

kurt faulk

Coach

Daryl Worley - DB - Eagles
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Eagles CB Daryl Worley was arrested Sunday morning in Philadelphia following an altercation with police.

Per reports, Worley was tasered after he became "combative" with Philadelphia police and was arrested around 6 AM Sunday morning. A gun was also recovered during the arrest. Rapoport didn't specify what charges Worley is facing. A third-round pick of the Panthers in 2016, Worley was acquired last month in a trade that sent Torrey Smith to Carolina.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 15 - 9:51 AM