What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Officially Out of Semi Finals

Thing is Arthur is a good coach. Too many head cases in his squad though.

Norman, Moses and Hayne are their star players and none have a team first mentality.

It’s showing in their footy. 46 points in their first 6 games while we’ve scored 194 (Widdop has 78 on his own) .

Seriously?

Yeah but the coach pays the price in the end.
Their forwards have been poor, I've been really disappointed in Kane Evans, I thought he was a really good signing, when he burst onto the scene with the Roosters I thought he will be a superstar some day, he's gone backwards.

ouryears

Bench
Oh my , I am starting to get this horrible feeling that this will all come back and bite us on the ass ! Teams are now beginning to find some semblance of form and the reason for that is , it is now 6 games into the new season . Perhaps Parra have indeed dug themselves a huge hole , but they climbed out of one quite similar back in 2009 .

The Dragons have been playing some tremendous footy , but there has also been some weaknesses exposed by the opposition in those matches . We , as all teams have a long way to go before even thinking about semi finals , SOO matches , injuries and even the possibility of our Mary loosing his tactical ' mojoo ' could come into play .

Plus any other number of reasons , lets just take it one game at a time , as the team itself is doing . Round 15 will certainly give everyone from all clubs a much clearer indication as to their real premiership chances .

Gareth, Who has found some form?

Cowboys crap
Roosters crap
Broncos still crap, lose one win one cycle.
Parra crap

Melbourne possibly yes but they only beat Newcastle.

Whoever makes the top 4 will be tough even if that is Panthers, Warriors, Souths and us.... or any other makeup. But it doesn't have to be the Storm, Broncos and Cowboys does it?

Last edited:
Based on the assumption that minimum points needed to get into the top 8 will be 30 - Parra after tonites 6th straight loss will need to win 14 out of their last 18 matches - a near impossible task if you take into account their last 4 matches alone includes matches against the Dragons, Roosters, Storm (away), Cowboys (away) not even counting them visiting Broncos in BRISBANE during the season.

What a rabble - and I can't believe I picked them to be a grand finalist this year!!

And here I thought they were stripped of points or something.

Straight Shooter

giboz71

First Grade

Cowboys crap
Roosters crap
Parra crap

Whoever makes the top 4 will be tough even if that is Panthers, Warriors, Souths and us.... or any other makeup. But it doesn't have to be the Storm, Broncos and Cowboys does it?

Yep I’m still waiting for another gun team to emerge. The usual suspects like Storm, Roosters and Cows are playing ordinarily.

If anything the Warriors, Panthers and Tigers have been the form teams along with us bit none have been as impressive.

We’ll see the contenders in the coming weeks, will be interesting to see who they will be.

Gareth67

First Grade

Cowboys crap
Roosters crap
Parra crap

ouryears as you mentioned both Melbourne and Bribane , next week will be the same for the Storm - another win and I also believe that the Broncos also .
As for Parramatta I go along with what gizmo 71 said - there are too many head cases in the team , or perhaps big head may better describe them . But they were in similar circumstances in 2009 , I am not suggesting that there will make the semis .

Cowboys I must say are indeed the biggest surprise as they just cannot click into gear , but i still believe that the Storm , Broncos and even the Rorters will begin to turn their seasons around . As far as the present top 8 , yes I also want those teams playing in the big matches comes late September and early October . However all I am suggesting is not to read too much into the form at this stage of the season .

The calm one

Juniors
ouryears as you mentioned both Melbourne and Bribane , next week will be the same for the Storm - another win and I also believe that the Broncos also .
As for Parramatta I go along with what gizmo 71 said - there are too many head cases in the team , or perhaps big head may better describe them . But they were in similar circumstances in 2009 , I am not suggesting that there will make the semis .

Cowboys I must say are indeed the biggest surprise as they just cannot click into gear , but i still believe that the Storm , Broncos and even the Rorters will begin to turn their seasons around . As far as the present top 8 , yes I also want those teams playing in the big matches comes late September and early October . However all I am suggesting is not to read too much into the form at this stage of the season .
Last night I was baby sitting my niece. I watched the Parra, Canberra game and I put on Pepper Pig for her. She won, she got the better deal. How boaring was that

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So after a little frivolous predicting (shame the NRL website dispensed with ladder predictor or i just cant find it) its intetesting IF, IF, IF the EELS were to win thete next 3 games it would (miracles do happen) it would put them 1 game out of the 8.....go figure!
There are a lot of games where the current bottom half of the table play each other or play a current top 4 team.
So mathematically it is still possible and given the make up of the comp and current form.
Unlikely, yes they just dont have the soul in their players or the go forward to challenge but to say "officially" is a little premature.
On current form it looks like the Eels and Cows will be fighting out for that coverted spoon.

giboz71

First Grade
Yeah but the coach pays the price in the end.
Their forwards have been poor, I've been really disappointed in Kane Evans, I thought he was a really good signing, when he burst onto the scene with the Roosters I thought he will be a superstar some day, he's gone backwards.

Yep absolutely. As did Hasler and Maguire. They suddenly didn’t forget how to coach, the players just didn’t do their jobs or the make up of the team was completely wrong.

Coaches aren’t miracle workers.

The reason we’re going well isn’t because Mary has magically become a good coach. It’s largely because Millward has finally assembled a squad for him he can work with.

Drag Queen

Bench
Based on the assumption that minimum points needed to get into the top 8 will be 30 - Parra after tonites 6th straight loss will need to win 14 out of their last 18 matches - a near impossible task if you take into account their last 4 matches alone includes matches against the Dragons, Roosters, Storm (away), Cowboys (away) not even counting them visiting Broncos in BRISBANE during the season.

What a rabble - and I can't believe I picked them to be a grand finalist this year!!

Thing is Arthur is a good coach. Too many head cases in his squad though.

Norman, Moses and Hayne are their star players and none have a team first mentality.

It’s showing in their footy. 46 points in their first 6 games while we’ve scored 194 (Widdop has 78 on his own) .

Seriously?
The only one that turned up for their game yesterday was Gutherson after coming back from injury. Poor form from the rest of them. You're 100% correct re the head cases BA continually seems to pick but that one's on him.

FlameThrower

Bench
Think about it for one moment ..,
Hunt was let go from Broncos as they could not see value to match offer even with endless TPA. Vaughn was not wanted at Raiders and they were happy to let him go. Graham was pushed out with no concern about what he brings to the team. Simms let go by Knights as well. MicInnes another one Souths were happy to offload - all smart buys by us and credit to the Club ...finally we are getting results and the addition of these guys to the roster has been massive boost !!!

giboz71

First Grade
Think about it for one moment ..,
Hunt was let go from Broncos as they could not see value to match offer even with endless TPA. Vaughn was not wanted at Raiders and they were happy to let him go. Graham was pushed out with no concern about what he brings to the team. Simms let go by Knights as well. MicInnes another one Souths were happy to offload - all smart buys by us and credit to the Club ...finally we are getting results and the addition of these guys to the roster has been massive boost !!!

Nailed it.

Recruitment and retention is half the battle and the better coaches have an advantage as usually good players want to play for them.

So guys like Hasler, Bennett, Bellamy etc really have no excuse to get their roster so wrong.

Latest posts