What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

King hit

Coach
Last year was his first series so I'm not sure how you form that pattern of it being typical.

Also the entire Blues team disappeared in the final 120 minutes of last years series.

Tom Turbo is a far less complete fullback on both sides of the ball at this stage of his career.

So NSW would be mad to dump Teddy.

If they win it'll be by carving Qld open up the middle and no one does that better than Teddy.

Tedesco also played in game 3 2016 and did very well. He has torn the Maroons apart in 2 1/2 of his Origin games. He will be the fullback. Tommy turbo would have a big chance of getting the wing spot i would think.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tedesco also played in game 3 2016 and did very well. He has torn the Maroons apart in 2 1/2 of his Origin games. He will be the fullback. Tommy turbo would have a big chance of getting the wing spot i would think.
I'd pick Turbo at right centre with Latrell at left centre.

Maybe bold going with two rookies but meh, everyone is a rookie at some point.

They'd form a big, mobile and devastating centre pairing.

If we lose picking the likes of these two and Addo Carr I can live with that. Same with Cleary or Keary in the halves.

What I couldn't deal with is losing again with the likes of Fergo, Dugan and Pearce.

My team would be:

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Mitchell
4. Trbojevic
5. Addo Carr
6. Keary
7. Maloney (if Cleary injured)
8. Campbell-Gillard
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner (c)
12. Jackson
13. Trbojevic

14. Vaughan
15. De Belin
16. Frizzell
17. Cook

Lol Graham, along with Hayne, was responsible for NSW losing last year.

That inexplicable strip on Napa with 5min to go in Game 2 was criminal.

Cordner will be the first player picked and rightly so to all who know anything about footy.
Yeah it was Grahams fault, not that dog shit halfback you were sucking off for all those years right? Do you even watch footy or do I need to show you the highlights of your former superstar halfback?

Cordner is garbage, what's he done in Origin that's actually notable? All I can recall is that one try he scored back in 2016. Compare that to Frizell, Graham and Trbojevic who actually have had a notable impact in SOO. He's literally the weakest amongst the backrowers that are in the side, making him captain was another masterstroke from the NSW hierarchy, the same hierarchy who was just as instrumental in Queenslands success over the last decade as anyone.

I'd pick Turbo at right centre with Latrell at left centre.

Maybe bold going with two rookies but meh, everyone is a rookie at some point.

They'd form a big, mobile and devastating centre pairing.

If we lose picking the likes of these two and Addo Carr I can live with that. Same with Cleary or Keary in the halves.

What I couldn't deal with is losing again with the likes of Fergo, Dugan and Pearce.

My team would be:

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Mitchell
4. Trbojevic
5. Addo Carr
6. Keary
7. Maloney (if Cleary injured)
8. Campbell-Gillard
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner (c)
12. Jackson
13. Trbojevic

14. Vaughan
15. De Belin
16. Frizzell
17. Cook
Are you trolling with Jackson or??
Also dropping Jack Bird, yep, drop just about the best player for NSW last series while keeping duds like Cordner and Jackson - very much like the NSW management staff.

Clifferd

Coach
Brooks with another stellar motm performance. I think he may even top the Dally ms atm

When is he in consideration?

Apart from Maloney, Green and Keary to some extent who is really standing out?

(I’m assuming Cleary will be unfit btw)
Brooks is finally looking ok. For the Tigers sake you should hope hes not picked after 6 good games in the last few years

TheFrog

Coach
There’s a pretty good chance Cleary will return before origin 1. It’s just if that’s enough to get him selected.
Cleary's aiming for round 10, that would be 7 weeks from the injury occurring. That would give him 3 games before the side is announced but maybe round 11 is more realistic.

Vic Mackey

Referee
maloney should be the only guy guarenteed a spot, whether its 6 or 7 doesnt matter as he plays the same either way. cleary would be the obvious match but i wouldnt throw him in if he's only played a game or two back

brooks is the other form half but id want him to do this for another 12 months before being seriously considered.

maloney should be the only guy guarenteed a spot, whether its 6 or 7 doesnt matter as he plays the same either way. cleary would be the obvious match but i wouldnt throw him in if he's only played a game or two back

brooks is the other form half but id want him to do this for another 12 months before being seriously considered.
Basically what I'm thinking. Maloney should be a certain but who partners him is the question - Cleary and Brooks are of the question because of the reasons you stated which leaves Keary, Green, Moylan, Moses, Walker and maybe Bird. Out of the list, Keary or Green look like the logical pick but Bird could be a dark horse considering he's played with Maloney before.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Basically what I'm thinking. Maloney should be a certain but who partners him is the question - Cleary and Brooks are of the question because of the reasons you stated which leaves Keary, Green, Moylan, Moses, Walker and maybe Bird. Out of the list, Keary or Green look like the logical pick but Bird could be a dark horse considering he's played with Maloney before.

keary looks good and would suit origin, concern for him is that he and maloney are both very similar players. both are your running/support type 5/8s. although id be loathe to pick him pearce may be the best option for maloney. moses and moylan are both aids right now. i think its pretty clear moses was the one they were going to push for but his and parras (lack of) form has put that to bed.

keary looks good and would suit origin, concern for him is that he and maloney are both very similar players. both are your running/support type 5/8s. although id be loathe to pick him pearce may be the best option for maloney. moses and moylan are both aids right now. i think its pretty clear moses was the one they were going to push for but his and parras (lack of) form has put that to bed.
Surely they can't pick a bloke who see himself as a Queenslander?

We've in a tough spot.
Why did Cleary have to get injured....

Latest posts