What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

Gareth67

First Grade
Personally I think itsi crazy to have ever hated Graham. He's always been a fierce leader and passionate player, exactly what I love to watch in a footy player regardless of their team.

And even better, once the siren sounded he was all class. Well spoken too. Now that he's Dragon its just a bonus

He even has a halo above his head now , me thinks his headed to Sainthood when we win this years comp. ! :innocent:

Gareth67

First Grade
If there got any sense.
They will be in ear

Agree Dragonsammy61, there must be somebody at the club who realises his value in that capacity , as a mentor to the younger players coming through the grades and even the established 1st graders for that matter .

By the way , could you perhaps mention to the chap ( in a roundabout way of course ) that if he continues to twirl his hands around when doing the victory song , he may very well take off ! :helicopter:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Agree Dragonsammy61, there must be somebody at the club must who realises his value in that capacity , as a mentor to the younger players coming through the grades and even the established 1st graders for that matter .

By the way , could you perhaps mention to the chap ( in a roundabout way of course ) that if he continues to twirl his hands around when doing the victory song , he may very well take off ! :helicopter:

He may want to go home when finished.
But when he helps us win a premiership (at least that is what I see), then he can do what ever he wants. Lol

Gareth67

First Grade
But when he helps us win a premiership (at least that is what I see), then he can do what ever he wants. Lol

Yes he probably would , the man has been away for many years now . Its good to know that we will get value for money with him sammy - 100% commitment - tenacity and that never say die attitude, without doubt one of the best buys the Dragons have had for many a year .

BennyV

Referee
In addition to his clear leadership skills, it's what Graham does post his playing career that interests me.

Hopefully, the club can keep him in some capacity for a very long time.

He's been worth every cent and more.
Well if he bleeds red and white, is good guy to have a beer with and gains absolutely no coaching experience whatsoever, he could well end up as our head coach!

the best part is that the dogs insist on helping with jimmy's contract.
That is awfully sporting of them eh?

Personally I think the best part of the whole deal is we get an excellent, international quality front rower, with years of experience and a burning passion for whatever club he plays for. At half price.
...and the Dogs got Arron Woods.

Gareth67

First Grade
Anybody catch the third tackle of the last set?
Brandon Smith raced out of the line to try and put a shot on Graham and Graham took him to school.

It was beautiful. Please enjoy.

Classic hit , it was timed to perfection and that is exactly why we bought him - worth his weight in gold . That hit would had done more then give Smith an almighty headache - more importantly it would had spurred the rest of the Dragon forward pack on to greater heights and that is what has been missing over the last few seasons.
Graham provides the team with the glue or cement that makes it solid , almost impregnable , we only need to look at our defence which is the competition best . He would be a great teacher for the younger brigade in the future.

Last edited:

possm

Coach

I for one would hate fur us to witness Nightingale being the one who caused us to lose the 2018 premiership. It was plain to most that our right edge was our weakness and I'm sure Mary and every other coach is aware of this. I'm afraid it's time and for the good of the Club.

Bench
I think he is the leader in our pack. I think his presence and leadership had untold benefits for the team.
He is like a protector looking after the boys and will not stand for any illegal attacks on our players.
I have nothing but respect for the man and hope he is involved with our club for many a year

I’ve been critical of Graham for a while, even to the point of thinking he’s playing injured.
But watching him yesterday I think he’s playing to instructions, hit the ball up, make your 8-10 metres and get a quick play the ball.
For a big man he’s lightning at getting to his feet after being tackled.

Plus I think he’s giving Latimore pointers, for the first time I think he went well yesterday, hard running and some great reads and tackles in defence.

Belta

Juniors
Best Holden Boots said; “I’ve been critical of Graham for awhile now even to the point thinking he’s playing injured...”

I know everyone is entitled to thier opinion, but I find this comment odd, considering Graham has played with one hundred percent commitment both in attack and defense in every game since arriving and was also the same in the World Cup. I can’t think of one off game.

Latest posts