What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017/18 Premier League

Smack

Coach
Not a fan of any club, but I think this was the greatest moment in EPL history, no?

Smack

Coach
get off the fence, you'll get splinters

Growing up, Zindane and Ronaldo were my idols. Ronaldo more so, his sheer skill, speed and strength on the ball made him my all time favourite player and arguably the best striker to have ever played the game.

I just can't bring myself to support a club. I support the national team. I just feel that players are playing for something more important at international level. I guess it's the nationalist in me.

Thank you for reading my blog.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Manchester City face possible transfer ban over Benjamín Garré deal
resize

Mar 7, 2018 2:43 AM
Manchester City are expected to find out this month if they will face sanctions for allegedly breaching rules over the signing of Benjamín Garré.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) held a hearing last July where Argentine club Vélez Sarsfield claimed City ‘acted unethically’ by approaching Garré when he was still 15.

Fifa upheld City’s argument that Garré was free to join them after his 16th birthday because he holds an Italian passport but, Vélez believe that official rules only allow players under 18 to move between clubs in Europe.

“Man City argued that there is an exception in the rules because he has a European passport,” Bernardo Bertelloni, Vélez club secretary, said last year.

“But the Fifa rule does not say that, it says he can move only within the EU, between EU clubs.”

He also alleged Txiki Begiristain, City’s director of football, wrote to Vélez in June 2016 explaining that the player and his family had taken the decision to join City – two weeks before his 16th birthday.

Wigan-Athletic-v-Manchester-City-The-Emirates-FA-Cup-Fifth-Round-300x200.jpg

City face the prospect of being banned from registering players for the next two transfer windows if CAS rule in Velez’s favour, although Pep Guardiola’s side believe they have acted accordingly.

Last year, City were banned by the Premier League from signing academy players for two years after it emerged they had made illegal approaches for youth players registered with other clubs.

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid have all been subjected to transfer bans in the recent past after being found guilty of breaching rules around the signing of international players under the age of 18.
https://www.onefootball.com/en/news...=20180307&_branch_match_id=499695019620092820

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
To be fair, they probably won't need to sign anyone, for the next year and be alright, they so far ahead

saint.nick

Coach
To be fair, they probably won't need to sign anyone, for the next year and be alright, they so far ahead
While the league table suggests otherwise, they are not *that* far ahead. Once more teams figure out how to get at their defenders, they won't be as invincible as they seem.

Mong

Post Whore
The team that are not far ahead of the rest has officially won by a country mile.

Haffa

Also on track for most points and most wins in PL history. They're that far ahead this season.

saint.nick

Coach
They aren't far off the mark though. This City team is phenomenal.
They are outstanding going forward and perhaps the best ever in that regard, but are too defensively vulnerable IMO to be compared to the likes of United 07 to 09, chelsea in 05 and etc

Latest posts