What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Warriors

The Damo

Juniors
Evidently in the eyes of some (even though they are blind) unless you think we will win every single game (and by some margin) and that you support the coach and selection policy 100% every week you cannot possibly be a St GI supporter.

I actually think we will get the Warriors but the next 2 games after that are major concerns as even if we do beat the Warriors for sure they will bash us all over the paddock, so won't be surprised to see some injuries creeping in.
I wouldn’t be surprised for the warriors to beat us this week. They’ll be stinging after the loss, and they’ve got the style of game and players to trouble us this year. I’m pretty confident we’ll spank the roosters as their forward pack is dogshit, but the storm are starting to hit form so that will be a very tough game if they keep improving.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
I wouldn’t be surprised for the warriors to beat us this week. They’ll be stinging after the loss, and they’ve got the style of game and players to trouble us this year. I’m pretty confident we’ll spank the roosters as their forward pack is dogshit, but the storm are starting to hit form so that will be a very tough game if they keep improving.
won't happen. i believe in hoodoos

getsmarty

Immortal
simst-18022444.jpg

Sims takes early guilty plea

Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 16 Apr 2018, 01:42 PM

St George Illawarra back-rower Tariq Sims has taken the early guilty plea on a grade one dangerous contact charge following the Dragons' 40-20 win over the Sharks on Friday night.

Sims was charged with elbowing Sharks halfback Chad Townsend in the face with the ball in-hand midway through the first half.

The Fijian international will line up against the New Zealand Warriors on Friday night but has racked up 90 demerit points as a result of the charge.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/04/16/sims-takes-early-guilty-plea/

Life's Good

Coach
I think we have just enough juice to get up in this one. Added to the fact we have a great record against the Warriors I can see a win here. I'm not expecting a flash win at all.
I do think our first loss is either the Anzac Day game or the Storm game the following week which will be really sh*tty. Not because I expect us to win every game but because it will start the chants about chokers, pretenders not contenders etc. I'm pretty confident we are mentally tougher than last year so it won't affect the team, just the supporters!

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
don't sound like a saints fan.

DQ, I see your 7 and raise you 23 for an even 30 points difference.

Dragons 42 - Warriors 12
Jeezus OKB I'll send you my address. I'm liking vodka atm. Expensive vodka:D Anyways I'm still backing us, but if we get that point differential I'm on the bubbles. PS Warriors are my go to team... It's a Kiwi thing Xx

ALSGI

Bench
We’re going to win this one, watched the Warriors game, they were pretty average and if they couldn’t get up at home against Brisbane they’re in trouble.
Barring injuries the we’ll win the next two as well imo, just can’t see the next three matching us.
Roosters won’t match our forwards or halves but have some strike in the backs that needs to be contained. Win, Loss, Win they’re going average.
I don’t know how people are saying Storm are finding form? They were pretty lucky against a poor Knights and lost the 2 games prior.

Gareth67

First Grade
They have a big mobile pack quite similar to our own , but without the never say die attitude that is quickly becoming a trademark of the Dragons team . That plus this will be the first occasion that the Warriors halves will have come up against another set of halves that have some class about them in Widdop and Hunt .

However I am still expecting a close game , the Mount Smart crowd will drive the Warriors on and needing to recoup their lost pride after last weekends loss and who better than the competition leaders to restore them to the winners circle. But at the end of the day we should prove too strong and take home another 2 valuable points . Dragons by 8.

kit66

Bench
The Worriers have had an easier run than us I think and have been less impressive. Their best win was against Easts who couldn't hold the ball completing only 16/27 compared to 32/40 for NZ. The rest of the stats for that game are equally lopsided. I think we'll win this more convincingly than we did against the Bunnies and the Sharks.

Saints 13+

Alec's-saints

Juniors
The Worriers have had an easier run than us I think and have been less impressive. Their best win was against Easts who couldn't hold the ball completing only 16/27 compared to 32/40 for NZ. The rest of the stats for that game are equally lopsided. I think we'll win this more convincingly than we did against the Bunnies and the Sharks.

Saints 13+
and they were poor against the raiders

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The main worry with the Warriors are the ginormous wingers the have.
That is where we could concede points and are exposed.
I think our pack is superior and it is up to our big boys to reduce the amount of time Johnson and Green have to play.

So...... if McGregor has a plan B, he may want to replace our wingers with some of our young forwards.

Problem solved!

I’m definitely worth more money!

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think our pack is superior and it is up to our big boys to reduce the amount of time Johnson and Green have to play.
For all of those who didn't get my post saying, Warriors come out to play. It is from a classic move called The Warriors. Anyone who hasn't seen it, I recommend it. Here is the clip from the movie, but I think you are better off not watching the clip and watching the whole movie instead.

Frank Facer

First Grade
i do agree with you about their wingers.

ouryears

Bench
When warriors lose they always lose 4 in a row.

We are safe!