What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

Hey guys I know Woods gets all this hate and deservedly so but why is cordner exempted? Can anyone tell me 1 game where he stood out? Woods for example had a breakthrough series in 2015 where he and Tamou dominated Queensland the first two games, I still remember him breaking through Matt Scotts tackle for a try under the post. Where's Cordners standout game?

Tyson Frizell in 2016 was utterly dominant in his debut, scored 1 or 2 tries if I remember and broke through Cam Smiths tackle for his first touch of Origin football.

Jake was brilliant all series last year, played really well in game 2 even though we lost.

NSW has an abundance of great backrowers and it's a total shame that this average player seems a certainty every time.

I notice Joey is pushing the idea of Jack Bird at 5/8, how’s Birds kicking game? Can’t say I’ve ever really noticed him kicking.

Worries me if you only have one general play kicker to Queensland’s likely 3.

Hey guys I know Woods gets all this hate and deservedly so but why is cordner exempted? Can anyone tell me 1 game where he stood out? Woods for example had a breakthrough series in 2015 where he and Tamou dominated Queensland the first two games, I still remember him breaking through Matt Scotts tackle for a try under the post. Where's Cordners standout game?

Tyson Frizell in 2016 was utterly dominant in his debut, scored 1 or 2 tries if I remember and broke through Cam Smiths tackle for his first touch of Origin football.

Jake was brilliant all series last year, played really well in game 2 even though we lost.

NSW has an abundance of great backrowers and it's a total shame that this average player seems a certainty every time.

Says you don't watch much of Boyd Cordner's games then. Fact also you are plumping for Wayde Graham despite all his brain explosions in last years games that helped cost NSW the series.

Also it's not all about attack.

SBD82

Coach
Says you don't watch much of Boyd Cordner's games then. Fact also you are plumping for Wayde Graham despite all his brain explosions in last years games that helped cost NSW the series.

I don't think his form is outstanding, but I take your point.

If they pick him (and I think they will) hopefully they pick him at left edge and play him there for 80, instead of f**king him around as they did last year.

big hit!

Bench

he was good in game 1 last series, but then again, most of the 17 were.

he's not flashy. don't expect that from him. you won't find him being ill-disciplined and throwing away a series win either.

as a captain, he does have to be a more dominant personality. doesn't seem to have a charisma that would make other representative players follow him. that's the knock I've got on him.

btw, has graham been starting on the bench for cronulla all season? if he didn't have the brain fart he had last series, he'd probably be more in the conversation for cordner's starting left forward spot. however, his antics have basically ruled him out for mine.

big hit!

Bench
I notice Joey is pushing the idea of Jack Bird at 5/8, how’s Birds kicking game? Can’t say I’ve ever really noticed him kicking.

Worries me if you only have one general play kicker to Queensland’s likely 3.

will be interesting to see how he goes over the next few weeks in the halves for the donkeys. is a bigger body and better defender than keary which will be so important for origin. generally defends on the right too which will compliment Maloney's left-sided positioning. Keary has done all his defending at souths and easts on the left. cordner will look after the left-hand side which will be so important given maloney is also a cert. if mitchell also gets selected, then the 2 and 3 defender on the NSW left become extremely suspect. but what about the attack of maloney feeding mitchell and having turbo chime in there as FB too. mouth watering. just need them to gel quickly with reps at coogee.

re the right side, aitken is pushing for the centre spot there. a player like bird inside him could be really important. it's stuff like this coaches think about.

then again, if you're being selected in origin, the coach has to have the confidence that they have the all-round game and doesn't need a defensive baby-sitter. unfortunately, with all NSW halves in the last couple of series except Pearce, they've generally been poor defenders

Spot On

Coach
[QUOTE="big hit!, post: 12824068, member: 41520"

as a captain, he does have to be a more dominant personality. doesn't seem to have a charisma that would make other representative players follow him. that's the knock I've got on him.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't understand how or why he was given the captaincy. Lack of choice I guess?

Since Laurie Daley has been on the Big Sports Breakfast he as wrapped him as an exceptionally strong leader. Says others just follow him, that they want to follow him.

I just don't see it but it was his first series as captain. Maybe the things Laurie pumps his tyres over will be more evident this series???

So where was Cordners standout state of origin game? Wade Graham does do stupid things but atleast he's got the talent to offer some attack at that level.

Aaron Woods is so average in SOO, offers a hit up, some metres but nothing outstanding. He has discipline so should he still remain in the team? If Cordner remains then I see no reason as to why the oh so average Aaron Woods should be dropped. Btw wearnt you amongst those roosters fans that were pumping up Pearce for all those years?

So where was Cordners standout state of origin game? Wade Graham does do stupid things but atleast he's got the talent to offer some attack at that level.

Aaron Woods is so average in SOO, offers a hit up, some metres but nothing outstanding. He has discipline so should he still remain in the team? If Cordner remains then I see no reason as to why the oh so average Aaron Woods should be dropped. Btw wearnt you amongst those roosters fans that were pumping up Pearce for all those years?

Yeah, Wayde sure showed that talent in Games 2 and 3 last year didn't he :rolleyes:

Big Wade fan but he was bad last year and is out of form. At his best he shits all over Cordner and Jackson but he can't be picked atm

King hit

Coach
Cordner has really grown in representative football and will captain the Kangaroos when Smith steps down (hopefully sooner than later). He made the most meters by a Rooster last week and hasn't been in terrible form.

Atleast he showed attacking prowess in those games, how many times did Cordner drop the ball again in game 3?

Thing is Cordner didn't give away as many penalties as Graham did, nor miss as many tackles as he did either. Fact is for missed tackles over the course of the series, Wayde Graham was in the top 3 in that category alone for NSW (Maloney had the most, followed by Jack Bird). Or shall I mention Graham's great kicking game in Origin 3 :rolleyes:

Thing is Cordner didn't give away as many penalties as Graham did, nor miss as many tackles as he did either. Fact is for missed tackles over the course of the series, Wayde Graham was in the top 3 in that category alone for NSW (Maloney had the most, followed by Jack Bird). Or shall I mention Graham's great kicking game in Origin 3 :rolleyes:
That kicking game might see him picked if they go with Fatty Bird in the 6

Clifferd

Coach
It beggars belief. I don't think I can handle having the same debate again this year. I never thought I'd be so pissed off about being right.

Every. Goddamned. Year.

It’s why you don’t take drugs

Pretty sure he fired a shot at pearce last series saying he failed to lead the team around the park, being outplayed by Thurston on one arm..

But it’s okay, 1067th time lucky I guess

Last edited: