What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

superpanther

Juniors
Waqa Blake (ankle, round 14)
Tyrone May (knee, round 9)
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (jaw, round 7)

Tyrone Phillips (pectoral, round 7-8)
Nathan Cleary (knee, round 10-11)
Tim Browne (bowel, indefinite)

Sam McKendry (knee, season)
Josh Mansour (cheekbone, indefinite)

tripster

Juniors
I am surprised they haven't given an update on Mansour yet. He has had surgery already. Surely that means they have put a plate in his cheek bone somewhere and have a decent idea how long it will take to heal?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I am surprised they haven't given an update on Mansour yet. He has had surgery already. Surely that means they have put a plate in his cheek bone somewhere and have a decent idea how long it will take to heal?

I understand the swelling was very bad, and they are yet to operate. I think that was said yesterday.

franklin2323

Immortal

Players have came back after 3 weeks up to 6 weeks

tripster

Juniors
I understand the swelling was very bad, and they are yet to operate. I think that was said yesterday.

Thanks. That's unfortunate. It must be a bad injury if they haven't operated yet. Unfortunately sounds like he will be out for a while.

It will be interesting to see what sort of starts our sets get off to without Mansour.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Thanks. That's unfortunate. It must be a bad injury if they haven't operated yet. Unfortunately sounds like he will be out for a while.

It will be interesting to see what sort of starts our sets get off to without Mansour.

I'm hoping you Crighton and DWZ will step up form the interm.

Blues Riff

Bench
The good thing about DWZs injury is that he has had minimal time away from training. He should be at peak fitness still. I hope he's not shy about contact to the chin although he may even run a bit faster to avoid it. Hope he goes well. I don't think we lose too much with the swap.
The same could apply to Mansour's time away. He'll be smashing it at the gym.

Sime_11

Juniors
oh get fkd!!!!

hope Chrichton takes his chance, sounds like he's got a couple of months to really put his hand up that he can make the NRL.

pressure is on our big boys to provide more go forward now - cant hide behind sauce

unKwn

Juniors
we honestly have the worst injury luck, and just 7 weeks in... can't get any worse surely.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
f**k me....

Although, as bad as that is for Josh, he hasnt really set the world on fire at all this year. That ACL clearly still plays on his mind, and dare i say if he had of had confidence in jumping, this injury may not have happened.

May also really affect his re-signing ...

tripster

Juniors
f**king hell. I feel terrible for the guy.

The circumstances of his two injuries have also been so unlucky - his ACL was done in an unlikely accidental knock from Josh Dugan, and Don’s flying knee to the head was also freakishly unlucky.

My wife is even more devastated than me. He is her favourite player. True to female form she said to me “will he still look as good once they fix his face?”