What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 injuries

This is what I'm getting so far.
NAME REASON EXPECTED RETURN
Connor Watson Shoulder Round 10
Nick Meaney Syndesmosis Round 13
Tom Hughes Ankle Round 6

Damn good for us at this stage of the season.
I'm concerned Watson's shoulder will be 'conservatively managed'. Reminiscent of Mullen to some extent. I hope it isn't an ongoing concern.
Having said that, we probably have others who are managing injuries or susceptibility to injury.

Sione going off for a head check was a worry for me at the time. Sigh of relief when he was cleared. Fingers crossed for him .

First Grade
This is what I'm getting so far.
NAME REASON EXPECTED RETURN
Connor Watson Shoulder Round 10
Nick Meaney Syndesmosis Round 13
Tom Hughes Ankle Round 6

Damn good for us at this stage of the season.
I'm concerned Watson's shoulder will be 'conservatively managed'. Reminiscent of Mullen to some extent. I hope it isn't an ongoing concern.
Having said that, we probably have others who are managing injuries or susceptibility to injury.

Sione going off for a head check was a worry for me at the time. Sigh of relief when he was cleared. Fingers crossed for him .
You forgot Moga most likely gone for season, maybe even gone for good.

Noname36

First Grade
Moga’s injury is really going to hurt us. Not that he was playing great football but it’s really not a position we could afford to lose.

I was harsh on him due to how he was paying but such an awful injury for him given his history.

Let’s hope it’s not quite as bad as they think.

Frederick

Staff member
Moga’s injury is really going to hurt us. Not that he was playing great football but it’s really not a position we could afford to lose.

I was harsh on him due to how he was paying but such an awful injury for him given his history.

Let’s hope it’s not quite as bad as they think.
They said in the press conference that it looks like he's done his ACL again...4th time now

Swarzey

Bench
Gutted for Tau. He showed last year just how good he can be when he's injury free and we all hoped he was past his injuries. Had held out on hoping he was going to be find that form again after readjusting and thought his support of Ponga was a sign of that.

I can't imagine the mental toll doing it for a 4th time would have.

Only consolation for Moga is that it's his other knee. The other knee to what he has done three times. I'm reading he has an uncertain future but I hope he comes back. Nasty that it's his fourth but he knows what it involves.

PhilGould

Bench
Rugby league’s unluckiest player Tautau Moga will make rugby league history in the most unwanted of ways tomorrow.

The Newcastle centre will undergo reconstructions of both his knees in what is believed to be a rugby league first.

"I’ve never heard of something like this - poor bloke," league historian David Middleton told Wide World of Sports.

The dual operations must cast some doubt over the 24-year-old’s career but the Knights are confident he will fully recover in time for next season.

It has been extensively reported that Moga tore the ACL in his right knee against the Dragons earlier this month and was out for the year.

But Wide World of Sports has learned that the Knights tested Moga’s left knee - which has been reconstructed three times in his injury-plagued career - and found it also needs major surgery.

Moga suffered the injury nearly three weeks ago but surgeons have been unable to operate until the swelling went down.

He goes under the knife tomorrow - and then begins the long road back to paying football again in 2019.

https://t.co/pbzjIm1ou0

Yosh

Coach
Man... The mental toughness required to go through 5 knee reconstructions... Hopefully it's his last. Or at least get him some RoboCop knees.

Burwood

Bench
It's only the right knee undergoing the reconstruction- left knee looks to be having bit of a clean up and is only minor.

Latest posts