What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeson Ah Mau

Dennis
Just to give you some idea re size.
LAM is 185cm and 110kg
Lawrie 185cm and 106
Kerr 197cm and 112kg
JDB 188cm and 106kg
Graham 187cm 107kg.
IMO
Lawrie is putting up some impressive stats in the isp and should get a go in the nrl if there is a injury or when soo is on.
He's ready
Agree re kerr he is only play 40 minutes but seem to slow down before the line.
I would say that lawrie is next if we need a prop or middle player and host is also going well.
But I can't see any changes untill injuries or we start getting beaten.
Mary will not make changes

Really? Kerr is 197, that's tall for a prop, great size for an edge back rowers though.
If he has the speed, which maybe he dosnt.

Gareth67

First Grade
Somewhat disappointed that he hasn't as yet been displaying the type of form whereby he would be considered for at least a bench position to n 1st grade .
He has been with the Dragons now for what 3 years ? Still if he has any contact with James Graham at training he may yet developed into the prop that have been hoping for .

watatank

Coach
You talking about Kerr? He hasn't been here for three years, this is his second season with us and signed for one more. I don't think the club would have expected him to play much this year, he'd be challenging for spots next year.

Gareth67

First Grade
You talking about Kerr? He hasn't been here for three years, this is his second season with us and signed for one more. I don't think the club would have expected him to play much this year, he'd be challenging for spots next year.

Yo Bro ! I is talking about Josh Kerr , I thought that he began in season '16 but as you have pointed out that was not the case , he began in 2017 . Still watatank He is only 24 so hopefully he will soon aquire the form necessary to find a spot in the top grade .

BennyV

Referee
People expecting Lawrie and Kerr to be able to fill Ah Mau's boots next year are kidding themselves. One of them may get the 4th bench prop spot in a strong line up but the next few years they are going to be getting used to the ins and outs of the NRL. Hell, Ah Mau himself didnt start to shine until he was 26. These kids have a fair way to go and if we lose Leeson, he NEEDS to be replaced.

blacksafake

First Grade
I know it's only early in his career but i feel underwhelmed by Lawrie, considering the wraps the times iv'e seen him.
I'm happy to rely on others who have seen plenty more of him than myself. A very good judge once told me that he was a younger version of Blocker.Anyone else share this opinion?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I know it's only early in his career but i feel underwhelmed by Lawrie, considering the wraps the times iv'e seen him.
I'm happy to rely on others who have seen plenty more of him than myself. A very good judge once told me that he was a younger version of Blocker.Anyone else share this opinion?

Blacksafake
I see a big improvement this year.
Is now playing longer minutes.
Regularly over 120 meters and 25 tackles .
He is fitter.
I don't think he is anyehere near as good as blocker.
I see him ( if he improves as much for the next couple of years) as good solid nrl player.
He is tough like blocker roach but skill wise not close.
Lawrie is a hard trainer and want to learn.
He love the dragons so if he can be half as good as blocker roach .
That will do me

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Blacksafake
I see a big improvement this year.
Is now playing longer minutes.
Regularly over 120 meters and 25 tackles .
He is fitter.
I don't think he is anyehere near as good as blocker.
I see him ( if he improves as much for the next couple of years) as good solid nrl player.
He is tough like blocker roach but skill wise not close.
Lawrie is a hard trainer and want to learn.
He love the dragons so if he can be half as good as blocker roach .
Thst will do me
Thanks, Samy
Sounds promising,especially his willing to learn.I'm happy if he's 1/2 as good as Blocker which makes for a good NRL player.
Always enjoy your insights/info.

Frank Facer

First Grade
700K a season for Ah Mau sound like overs to me.

Paulo just signed a 4 year contract with Parra for 700K a season.

I am of the firm belief that we do need 4 good props on our roster, so that when our starting ones are replaced mid game, we don't lose anything. I think we need at least another decent prop on our roster after the 4 good ones, to cover in case of injuries or suspensions.

Good props are a vital commodity these days.

I still say we should sign Pangai.

Last edited:

Bench
Any team needs a good forward(a) to be successful these days. It doesn't appear that our juniors are ready to make the jump to first grade either as a starting prop or from the bench.
Maybe we need to recruit from outside our club. The only thing wrong with this is the cost. 700k is being bandied around so I am sure the players agents will be expecting the same.

dragonrickjs

Juniors
Ah Mau has had 2 really strong years. This year being one and the last strong year was when we was off contract a few years ago. I’m more then happy to let him go. Personally I think he clocks off outside of contract renewal years