What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Knights @ Scully Park

Who will win? Round 7: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

magpie_man

Juniors
Reynolds has played a grand total of 20 mins for our club. Give him more time to get the body 100% right and find his best position in our team

Yep, I thought he was pretty good Sunday considering it was his first game back and he was playing out of position.
He just needs time to get his body right and then ease him back into grade through NSW cup.
Benji is doing a great job filling-in for now and we always have Gamble or Drinkwater to plug a gap in the halves if need-be.

Das Hassler

Bench
Reynolds has done as much as anybody at the the club to have them as tight as they are as a group and his signing was the catalyst for the signings that followed....Marina Go put it fairly when she said he's been a massive positive influence and has talked the club up from day one...of course that's not the sole reason he was brought to the club but he's already contributed massively to the success of the new group so far. His SOO win and the dogs 2 grand finals had more than a little to do with his contribution in having those teams wanting to play for eachother....it's not just about the $'s column.....winning has many components.
He'll come good and the advsncement seen in the games of Kevy...Thompson. ..Brooks etc etc eill be seen in Reynolds as well....he's smart and hungry for success.
Just a point of view like everyone else's

Tiger Ted

Bench
No doubt that Reynolds has integrity & will bust his arse for the team(unlike Blair Anastasia Ohara Cayless) as he did in his inaugural game for us last Sunday.

Good luck to him but geez he has struck paydirt with the excessive contract we gifted him.Hope we get a decent return on investment over the course of his employment with us.Something tells me we will b shopping him around the final 2 yrs of his contract.

Das Hassler

Bench
maybe...after going through the "Ivan WT system" ( imagine that!) he may end up the first one the dogs want back when their cap dramas ease

f**k fellas, Ivan has just about nailed with everything since he got here, have faith and even if it doesn't work out, it's really the first thing we can actually have a shot at him for.

Grub is a consummate professional, just been f**king unlucky with injury. I'll let him actually play a handful of games first before slating the bloke.

Tiger05

First Grade
IC has been great. I still reckon this is going to be a bad signing for us but hopefully it's not too bad.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Regarding this Knights game, i really hope we put them to the sword in a brutal display of attacking football. We are now competing for a top 4 spot (can' believe I'm saying that) and we need to ensure we get our f/a up

Clifferd

Coach
^ Agreed

As it stands right now, we are playing like a top 4 team and are rightly placed there on the ladder. Knights are also righty placed, not wooden spoon material but a work in progress. They’ll probably finish between 10-12th this year imo

If we are fair dinkum we should win this game by 3-4 tries

super_coach

First Grade
Anyway back to todays game, every week I have been saying we are due for a loss or the other mob are a better team, and every week I have been way off the mark. So for that reason alone I think the Knights will win this one. I am to scared to tip our mob!!.

On form you would think we are a real good chance, but the wheels must get bogged for one week.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I haven’t paid much attention to the ladder but at the start of the round there was a 4 point gap already between 4th and 5th. Winning this game is essential imo. The knights are a dangerous side but if we’re serious about making the 8, let alone the 4 these are the games we should be winning.

The next two games for us are knights and eels. Then we enter a tough trifecta of warriors, cowboys, panthers. I feel we’ve gotta win the next 2 games against these teams we’re expected to beat. Then if we drop a couple of the tougher ones it’s not as big a issue

Clifferd

Coach
I haven’t paid much attention to the ladder but at the start of the round there was a 4 point gap already between 4th and 5th. Winning this game is essential imo. The knights are a dangerous side but if we’re serious about making the 8, let alone the 4 these are the games we should be winning.

The next two games for us are knights and eels. Then we enter a tough trifecta of warriors, cowboys, panthers. I feel we’ve gotta win the next 2 games against these teams we’re expected to beat. Then if we drop a couple of the tougher ones it’s not as big a issue

We should be beating Knights and Eels this season without too much fuss. I expect a victory over the Cows too with their form being way off & it being at home

Warriors and Panthers I can handle losing if they are close contests but damn if we can win 1 if not both of those games you’d have to pencil us in the top 8 for sure

Tiger Ted

Bench
There’s certainly no easy game & we will b getting the eels & cows(albeit we own them at Leichhardt) when they both will b desperate.

At the 1/4 mark of the comp it’s equally as difficult to pick a top 8 as it is to pick the wooden spooner.

We have the confidence grit & depth required to make the 8 even though we r not fancied by the nonsensical pundits.

BrotherJim05

Bench
We will make the 8 this year. Our defence alone will keep us there for the entire season.

The real question is can we stay in top 4. I reckon we can. Who honestly is in better form than us?

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I like your confidence BrotherJim but we look flat today. I hate playing the Knight because they always bring us back to a level where we struggle. Ref's are not helping.

Still time for a comeback.

Clifferd

Coach
Well what a turn around

Probably our worst half of football this year, only positive is we only trail by 10

Knights have no trouble rolling our middle which is a concern