What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL launches touch football premiership

Coparugby

Juniors
Bullshit. It’s the equivalent of bowls or darts or any other midweek social sport. If anyone wanted to watch it there’d be crowds and TV audiences already. There isn’t. It offers nothing except the ability to lie about participation figures. When the VFL does that we laugh.
A bit like netball many years ago...

Last Week

Bench
Brilliant. A sport that is not RL and with no appeal and the NRL is spending RL money on it. What for? So they can pretend it’s RL and claim the participation numbers. If touch had any value or appeal as a spectator or TV product it would have been drawing crowds and TV slots for years. It hasn’t. It is also not a pathway to the NRL for players. It just isn’t. Anyone who thinks some bloke is going to play touch all his life and get an NRL contract based on his touch ability needs to end themself.

They c**k up the women’s comp, they’ve failed to grow the actual premiership and now this.

How’s that? Just because most people are sucked in by this shit doesn’t mean it’s good.

That was like a tantric orgasm for you wasn't it ?

no name

Coach
Just when PR we being handed the trophy for the FORUM's most negative whiny bitch ....along comes ECT to stop the ceremony .
Well done .
giphy.gif

siv

First Grade
Who watches touch football?

What teams even play it ?

It is seen as something to do to keep fit in the off season

Im ok if it was womens 2 x 7 min halfs contest to replace the 45 min grass growing period

But to try use it to replace reserve grade and U20s on game day, wont sit well with fans

I not not interested in paying for it and not that interested in watching it

There is too much sport on TV already that I have conciously chosen to stop watching sports I used to watch or only watch a team in x 6 speed

Then with only having this magical 6 (or is it 4) teams once again

I guess the NRL has already chosen who is playing

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I think the major benefits of this are:

• participation numbers for the NRL which is linked to Government funding
  • Sure, no one watches touch on TV previously but link it to an NRL club and on match days no less and it is suddenly, if only a little, more attractive
  • Touch has a very high participation rate and if we can link those people to an NRL club then you are growing potential supporters, members and attendances to games
  • Great vehicle to combat soccer mums and break into the schools and women's market further

siv

First Grade
But to combat soccer mums it needs to be played in conjunction with other junior RL matches

Like they do with League tag

But you cant consider asking me to pay $70 for a halfway line seat

T-Boon

Coach
  • Sure, no one watches touch on TV previously but link it to an NRL club and on match days no less and it is suddenly, if only a little, more attractive
I think the team that wins should play an NRL all star touch team. People would watch the shit out of that.
Who would be in the NRL all star team?: Benji, Ponga, French, Moylan, Milf, Slater...

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I think the team that wins should play an NRL all star touch team. People would watch the shit out of that.
Who would be in the NRL all star team?: Benji, Ponga, French, Moylan, Milf, Slater...

That is a really good idea! Throw Johnson in the team too.

siv

First Grade
Nobody is asking that though, they're saying "here's some extra free stuff with your regular game ticket".

I prefer my old RG and U20s stuff

I dont consider those RG and U20s undercard games to be free as I do I still get charged to watch RG U20s U18s U16s match at 50% of a NRL GA ticket

My NRL has never gone down in price when they were taken away. They just found a way to ask for more money

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
I prefer my old RG and U20s stuff

I dont consider those RG and U20s undercard games to be free as I do I still get charged to watch RG U20s U18s U16s match at 50% of a NRL GA ticket

My NRL has never gone down in price when they were taken away. They just found a way to ask for more money

If it is done right the Touch Footy League will increase crowds. Reserves and under 20s never did that.