What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mann versus Nighty

hardbaby

Coach
It’s a professional business. We need to make hard decisions but also be careful of team harmony (which includes the veterans but also includes empowering our kids) .

I’m 100% in my belief that Lomax should be on the wing, Mann as the utility and Nighty in Reserve Grade.

But I also know that there will be an injury at some stage. When Lomax gets his shot he will not get dropped. We need him. He is the missing attacking threat.

Maybe Lafai or Aitken will miss out but I suspect Nighty will finish the season outside the 17. It will take an injury to force this decision.

It makes me feel uncomfortable but that’s the way it is.

RufusRex

Post Whore
right now he is one of the the worst performing wingers in the entire NRL we have two potential options one proven one rookie .. just need the stones.

The reggies would benefit greatly from having nighty there showing them how to play.

In retaining Flo, I think Mary has a lot more in his mind than who has raw speed or can make tackle busts. He is trying to develop a club culture that shows respect, loyalty, patience and an appreciation of hard work and consistency.

The collateral benefits of developing this culture would see us retain more players and attract the right players for less money for years to come. He is thinking (as good leaders do) wholisticallly, morally and long term.

TruSaint

Referee
In retaining Flo, I think Mary has a lot more in his mind than who has raw speed or can make tackle busts. He is trying to develop a club culture that shows respect, loyalty, patience and an appreciation of hard work and consistency.

The collateral benefits of developing this culture would see us retain more players and attract the right players for less money for years to come. He is thinking (as good leaders do) wholisticallly, morally and long term.

Its a balancing act isnt it... Agree with your post.

RufusRex

Post Whore

must be why we flicked Thommo

Drag Queen

Bench

must be why we flicked Thommo
We didn't flick him though. He was offered a better deal and he took it. I don't blame him either, although it pains me to see him in maroon colours. I doubt Nighty's salary has increased in the last few years. His experience and leadership is worth whatever we are paying him.

ALSGI

Bench
We didn't flick him though. He was offered a better deal and he took it. I don't blame him either, although it pains me to see him in maroon colours. I doubt Nighty's salary has increased in the last few years. His experience and leadership is worth whatever we are paying him.
We’re paying Field and Lomax less and their speed and x factor would be more beneficial on the wing than Nighty’s experience and leadership on the wing.

RufusRex

Post Whore

his leadership and experience led to a goal line drop out ...

we have experience and leadership across the park .. what nighty brings to us in that respect makes no extra difference to what we are getting from Hunt/Widdop/Jack/Graham ...

There is no logical reason to persist with him .. just sentimental ones.

Drag Queen

Bench
We’re paying Field and Lomax less and their speed and x factor would be more beneficial on the wing than Nighty’s experience and leadership on the wing.

we have experience and leadership across the park .. what nighty brings to us in that respect makes no extra difference to what we are getting from Hunt/Widdop/Jack/Graham ...

With all due respect, Graham hasn't been the impact player he once was and I have no problem with that. He brings to the game exactly what Nighty does. Gotta go. There's a game on.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Of course you are .. just as we are entitled to our opinion based on current form and common sense you are entitled to your opinion based on nostalgia, fairy tales and hoping really really hard.

And yet, Nightingale has demonstrated...once again...his value tonight, especially compared to a few others in the backline.

RufusRex

Post Whore
I agree ... he was quick enough to get to the 40-20 that led to the potential match winning try .. oh wait .. he wasn't.

Last edited:

O'Sullivan

Juniors
Mann's drop was as much McInness' mistake as his.....poor pass, high and behind player with rain falling. Nevertheless it needed to be taken. As I have said elsewhere, Nighty's runs have little impact but he did do a lot of them. Pity he couldn't get to the long kick through. Mann got there first coming from centre field but the opportunity might have been there for a faster winger in the corner.

Crush

Coach
I hope Reece Robson does well this weekend and gets some game time. Wouldn't it be nice to have a zippy bench hooker in our reserves and use our whole 17 every week?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Haven't you noticed both Dufty's and MacDonald's reticence under the high ball on several occasions this season?

Nightingale does not let the bounce as the other two.

His experience and leadership are exactly what the team needs.

Latest posts