What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Warriors

Brutalitops

Juniors
No, I'm really the bloke who knows that McInnes isn't an upgrade on Rein.

Tonight's performance reaffirmed this...again.
Funny, another forum I'm a part of had Titans fans dreading Rein now being their 80 minute hooker (which he only can manage through injury)

Even saw a one ask some Dragons fans if they can swap him for McImnes

VodkaSaint

Juniors
so we looked flat and made some costly errors.
1. Widdop missed a one on one, warriors score.
2, Graham thought he would take matter in his own hands and left Duty on his own, warriors score.
3. Nene dropped the ball with the line wide open.
4. And what happened to taken our goal chances?
these moments may have changed the game had saints Saints kept their composure .
Widdop unlucky not to score, Lafai unlucky not to score twice.
The there is Luke, he killed us, what a game he had.
Not too disappointed Tonight, we have improved on last year, just need to bounce back real smart Like the Warriors.
Go Saints and the Vodka

Drag Queen

Bench
There's no way known Dufty's predecessor would have allowed himself to be a speed bump as what Luke did to Dufty.

Speaking of Luke, he has given McInnes a touch up tonight.

MacDonald: back to his lazy self. Imagine if he caught that simple pass from Lafai in the first half.

Ben Hunt needs to run the ball a hell of a lot more in games.
You're right Jimmy. I thought it would be a tight one but Luke was definitely the difference.

Old Timer

Coach
Take aways for me
  1. We were obsessed with plays around Dufty
  2. We were not as deep in attack and players were slowing down to take some passes thus we lost momentum.
  3. We tried to play a highly structured game which the Warriors shut down quite easily.
  4. As I suspected would be the case in attack Graham is getting too much ball at critical stages. He will make 7 metres and they will be all over him thus slowing down the play the ball.
  5. Hunt needs to be far more intuitive and take the line on much more.
  6. We are getting kick happy and far too many are bombs what happened to the ball in behind for the line drop out?
  7. The mass interchange has been tried for a few weeks and IMO does us no favours at all, we need to go back to the staggered interchange that worked so perfectly well in the 1st few games.
  8. Key forward off at the same time and for far too long probably related to point 7.
  9. What happened to Sele?

Life's Good

Coach
Disappointed with the loss but the Warriors are a very good team with a lot to prove. Down on players they just wanted it more.
I put the loss to 3 lazy efforts-
Widdop missed tackle - try
Hunts missed tackle - try
Nene dropped pass - no try
Not converting all that early possession really put us on the back foot. I felt we were never out of it but just couldn’t click into another gear(their rushing line speed saw to that).
It’s now a massive game vs. Roosters who will be sensing blood.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Can I say it , dare I say it ? This was the loss we had to have . Quite simply we were outplayed by the Warriors who had done their homework against us . That plus the Mt.Smart hometown atmosphere spurred them on.

They were the better side and as such deserved the competition points tonight , we were courageous in defeat and sure there were a few things that didn't go our way , but all in all the Dragons left the field with their heads held high .

The boys came up against a tough team in this match and had to fight for each point , but this will serve us well in the weeks to come . We will go to bed feeling disappointed but wake tomorrow knowing the Dragons will be there in the end of season matches . :innocent:

Last edited:

Dragons22

Juniors
Got a question with the Lafai no try. When Graham and RTS had their encounter, what goes on there? So Graham and RTS contact with Graham knocking on the ball, into RTS but then he played on. Was their a tackle after that? Or not? If not, still confused as to why no try, there were about three passes and the encounter was in the air, shouldn’t it have been play on? What did our mates in the bunker say about that? Seems like a pretty bogus decision to me.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I guess you can construe a loss to be a failure but i actually felt that was one the better performances of the year by the boys. A couple were quieter than usual ie Dufty and McDonald but they will come back from this. I also think the advantage rule should have been applied for the Lafai no try, completely changed the momentum we had built.
The better team won on the night they simply out enthused us for most of the game.....we had ample penalties and opportunities but our composure and structure just wasnt tbere imo....we were vey bunched at times and flat footed...our kicks in general play wernt up to our normal standard....sorry but I think it was not one of our better games this year...still it was bound to hapoen sooner or later...shame its happened right now with a 4 day turn around

Latest posts