What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: LIVE game day thread EELS v Manly April 22nd

jk13

First Grade
I like tepai but he has to go to wenty to get his tackling timing right. U can’t have a guy getting knocked out all the time. The king is fullback for good, that won’t change nor should it. Hayne doesn’t even look confident lately, I hope he’s not past it but at this stage he’d b lucky to b offered 300k next year

jk13

First Grade
Brown replaces Gower, I just wish a second person would run with his hit ups to at least put the defence in 2 minds

Djay

Juniors
Hayne has class and skill but no way on God's green earth should he replace Gutho at fullback.

Gutho's attitude and energy is why he is so good, and that is key to being a good fullback, he was there backing up everytime for every play and it got him a try.

I really wonder what Hayne is made of though, is he made of glass. How much time is he going to spend on the sidelines? Yes he has class but he legit fell over himself and got injured.

Anyways we were great today, a lot went our way but everyone ran hard, we attacked at pace and with numbers and our completion was 34/36, wow. You will always be in with a shot with completion rate like that.

Our defence does worry me though, it'll be interesting to see how we go with our tails up a bit now when teams throw something at us and how we respond both defensively and attacking wise.

We have as good as backline as anyone for me, capable of winning a comp it is just the forwards need to punch above there weight a lot more like today.

Geee how good is the winning feeling though.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The try Gutho scored today no other Eels player would of.
Another big call reqd from BA this week. Id bring in Brown for Mannah although it will probably be Terepo.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Every player except Mannah was prepared to offload.
Attack stood noticeably deeper. BA definitely tweaked our attack.
Gower was great. Smith to 14 was perfect. Mannah to the bench worked well. Matagi and Terepo really fired up. Hayne on the wing will eventually work as well.
People bag Bert but in his interview with the Vag squad on Fox said the halves need to stand a little deeper and throw the ball around. We played some footy it was good to see, hope it continues.

Wally21

Bench
I hope BA keeps Gower in the side, he provides a different dimension in attack and he was good in defense. Brown comes in for either Peni or Matangi and on today’s game it would be Peni for mine. However, both had great games

Kornstar

Coach
People bag Bert but in his interview with the Vag squad on Fox said the halves need to stand a little deeper and throw the ball around. We played some footy it was good to see, hope it continues.

Kenny obviously was a good coach tactically but the reports were that he was a shit man manager.

You can’t be that good at the game and not know what you are talking about but you can be bad in an area that is kind of critical in coaching.

hindy111

Post Whore
Drop off the Hayne crap. The guy has skills to burn. Love to see him in the team when we win a few more. Just to see his fast soft hands in the TA showed that he has skill that merkins could only dream of.

The old Hayne runs over the top of Turbo tom.
From what I have seen he offer very little more then Auvau or Young jennings.And on 500k so far looks overs.
Sure he has more class but id rather have that 500k back to spend elsewhere. I know he has been injured but the odds of him ever getting anywhere near elite again or origin level are slim.

hindy111

Post Whore
This. He's still one of our best backs even if he isn't the player he was a few years ago. He could be half as good as he was and he'd still be better than most.

His attitude has always let him down at times, but never his skill or ability.

Id expect more for a guy on 500k. Hayne may come good but at present his next contract offer will be about 350k

strider

Post Whore
The old Hayne runs over the top of Turbo tom.
From what I have seen he offer very little more then Auvau or Young jennings.And on 500k so far looks overs.
Sure he has more class but id rather have that 500k back to spend elsewhere. I know he has been injured but the odds of him ever getting anywhere near elite again or origin level are slim.
Who would have thought

His attitude just isnt the same ... when he left in 2014 he said he had acheived all he wanted in league ... i dont think he ever got the real desire back - its now just for the money