What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Improved Player this year

Vozzy

Juniors
Robbie Rochow went from a plodder to an 80min tackling machine and wide running backrower. Been out young son hero I reckon helps with a 3 forward bench not having to be replaced.

thorson1987

Coach
RTS - has been fairly average over last 2 years, benchmarked against his days at the Roosters. HIs attacking play is sublime but his defence has now improved out of sight!

The same as Luke.

Absolute dogshit last few seasons, close to his form from 2014 again this season.

mozza91

Coach
Robbie Rochow went from a plodder to an 80min tackling machine and wide running backrower. Been out young son hero I reckon helps with a 3 forward bench not having to be replaced.
Was always a pretty talented player. Injuries cruelled his development for a while there.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It really has to be Luke Brooks. Not many people would have seen that coming, though I think a lot of credit probably goes to Cleary. Cook has been a standout at Souths i'd have to say.

No real standout from Parramatta that I could see. Man, how bad are they right now? Anyway, Parra's troubles doesn't have anything to do with the thread but jesus christ, just no heart at all... Anyway, what do you guys think?

p.s. - how shit are The Eels right now?

Shouldn't surprise anyone - Ivan Cleary has turned some truly average halves into solid performers, Maloney started his upward trajectory under him, he even sired a young ripper in his spare time. So yeah, Brooks is definitely the most improved but it doesn't surprise me.

At my club, Issac Luke has gone from overweight plodder to lean, mean competitive machine. But that probably doesn't truly count because he was a star of the game then got lazy for a couple of years. Bunty Afoa has gone from a defensively woeful 2nd rower to a powerhouse prop, who I think still has the most post-contact metres in the comp (or did). He'd be my pick for our most improved.

The top seven most improved players, in order of form, are

1. Luke Brooks
2. Isaac Luke
3. Blake Ferguson
4. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
5. Victor Radley
6. Bunty Afoa
7. Agnatius Paasi

The fact that four of them are Warriors, including number 2, explains why the Warriors have gone from cellar dwellers to table toppers.

The fact that two of them are Roosters explains why the Roosters are going to be awesome at the business end of the season, once James Tedesco starts to fit into the Roosters complex structures..

The fact that number 1 is a Tiger explains why the tigers will make the top 8 for sure.

The Enforcer

Juniors
The top seven most improved players, in order of form, are

1. Luke Brooks
2. Isaac Luke
3. Blake Ferguson
4. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
5. Victor Radley
6. Bunty Afoa
7. Agnatius Paasi

The fact that four of them are Warriors, including number 2, explains why the Warriors have gone from cellar dwellers to table toppers.

The fact that two of them are Roosters explains why the Roosters are going to be awesome at the business end of the season, once James Tedesco starts to fit into the Roosters complex structures..

The fact that number 1 is a Tiger explains why the tigers will make the top 8 for sure.
All of your posts explain why you're a complete tool.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
RTS - has been fairly average over last 2 years, benchmarked against his days at the Roosters. HIs attacking play is sublime but his defence has now improved out of sight!

To be fair on RTS he was actually pretty good in his first quarter season at the Warriors before doing his knee.

But yeah he's on fire at the moment as is Isaac Luke, those two being back to their absolute best is one half of the Warriors improvement. The other is Afoa's form coming almost out of nowhere and guys like Paasi and Maumalo lifting their games considerably.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Out of:

- Lachlan Fitzgibbon.
- Billy Kickau
- That Mariner bloke in the Dogs backrow.
- Broncs winger Isaako
- Alex Twal
- Jai Arrow