What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs the Sharks

The Realist

Juniors
Well anyone watching out games must see us lift when Katoa comes on....and he's meh. Egan is the one

Katoa is no where near 'meh'. He'd be a first choice hooker at quite a few clubs. IMO and definitely makes the hooker/utility role in just about all sides. The only things counting against him are;
a) general lack of experience
b) Fitness (can he play well for a full 80 mins if needed)
c) Hooking basics (pass quickness, accuracy and decision making) are probably less than Wallace and other 'elites'
d) Defence is not as proven as Elite hookers.

This can all be fixed with game time and IMO he easily has the ability to do all of at to at least an above average ability.

David brown

Juniors
Katoa is no where near 'meh'. He'd be a first choice hooker at quite a few clubs. IMO and definitely makes the hooker/utility role in just about all sides. The only things counting against him are;
c) Hooking basics (pass quickness, accuracy and decision making) are probably less than Wallace and other 'elites'

This can all be fixed with game time and IMO he easily has the ability to do all of at to at least an above average ability.
No, He is meh compared to Egan

Wow.

We should have won for sure. But c'mon... it was only a matter of time before we proved we were the same ill disciplined and clueless side as last year.

I just hate that I know we're playing shit yet am convinced we will find another level when we need it to win.we are so much better than Sharks. I saw a miracle happening somehow.
Another two minutes and that game would have been ours, despite the fact that we didn't deserve to win in the first place.

Pomoz

Bench
Honestly, you would think we were thrashed by 50 points instead of scoring four tries each. You would think the Sharks were nuffies instead of the 2016 premiers and semi finalists for the last few years.

Cheer up, put away the razorblades, we are still a young team on the rise. Even a tough, experienced team like the Sharks now struggle to beat us. A year ago it would have been a thrashing. We had a lot of salary cap sat watching the game from the sick bay.

OldPanther

Coach
He's apparently picked up a neck injury today. He didn't look right, I'm not surprised.

Thanks. I wondered why he was off for so long.

Honestly, you would think we were thrashed by 50 points instead of scoring four tries each. You would think the Sharks were nuffies instead of the 2016 premiers and semi finalists for the last few years.

Cheer up, put away the razorblades, we are still a young team on the rise. Even a tough, experienced team like the Sharks now struggle to beat us. A year ago it would have been a thrashing. We had a lot of salary cap sat watching the game from the sick bay.

They lost all their experience. Though we weren't exactly running our best team. The game should have been sponsored by a hospital.

Passing speed and accuracy are better from Katoa. It's the reason the team speeds up when he's on, much better service.

mxlegend99

Referee

They are nuffies. It's not 2016 anymore...

Winning a premiership even last years means absolutely nothing this year (as far as form.goes) Teams turn to shit... being good the previous year is irrelevant to a team losing NOW. Which Sharks were.

We are easily a much better team than they are. But a few individual efforts at key times let the entire team down. The top 3 being IMO

James Tamou... he was in position to stop tries (or get a decent shot at stopping them) and he just jogged along making no effort. At one stage he even tackled Duges. Had him wrapped up then just let him go for another 10 metres. There was no effort behind most of his defensive work. Which goes against everything our pack has been doing the past month. Him included.

Whare butchering a few opportunities didnt help. He was once safe and reliable making the best decisions each time almost without fail. Now it's a worry when we start going to his edge.

And ofcourse Crichton saving the worst game of his career for the game after he doesnt need to fight to keep an NRL spot. If ghat were his debut game he wouldnt be picked ghe following week. But were stuck with him now.

Not the only guys to make mistakes or miss doft tackles. But ptobably the 3 worst as far as how msny were made against how little they did right.

betcats

Referee
Without that defensive edge we are just average. Won’t be the last time Moylan carves is up.

Katoa has two try assists in two weeks.

kinghippo

Juniors
We may need to be in the market for some depth in the backs. pickup some rejects on a minimum wage contract.
Aaron gray isn’t getting a run, he is probably the pick of the bunch.
Milne, lomax even try and get Burns back from souths.
I don’t know who is available but even 1 signing would help

Sime_11

Juniors
Aaron Gray would be handy if we got him cheap - but I would prefer we give our youth a chance first - the amount of talented backs we've moved on due to cap space the last few years is annoying now - moreso as we need these depth guys now.

Rennings
Gennings
Burns
Nabuli

all the above have or are playing FG now, surely we have some reserve backs coming through who deserve a shot, im happy to persist with Chrichton for another game or two. competition for spots is a healthy thing.

Copperhead

Juniors
We may need to be in the market for some depth in the backs. pickup some rejects on a minimum wage contract.
Aaron gray isn’t getting a run, he is probably the pick of the bunch.
Milne, lomax even try and get Burns back from souths.
I don’t know who is available but even 1 signing would help

I don't know what Milne's issue is (drug related, what exactly?), but we are so desperately short of backs, I'd be inclined to give him a go. He's a hugely talented player who would hold that centre position permanently if he could get his head together.

I've been complaining about Whare ever since he was resigned, yesterday's effort should have even his staunchest supporters worried. He was great once.... hopeless now.

I don't know what Milne's issue is (drug related, what exactly?), but we are so desperately short of backs, I'd be inclined to give him a go. He's a hugely talented player who would hold that centre position permanently if he could get his head together.

I've been complaining about Whare ever since he was resigned, yesterday's effort should have even his staunchest supporters worried. He was great once.... hopeless now.
People keep expecting him to regain his 2014 form. He's done

kinghippo

Juniors
Yeah I’m not sold on Milne at all. I mentioned him because I know he is available. There have to be a lot more out there

mxlegend99

Referee
Dropping Whare fixes 2 issues (him and Peachey at 6)

1. Edwards
2. Crichton (if hes bad again this week drop him though)
3. Peachey
4. CHN
5. DWZ
6. Wallace
7. Maloney
8. Mez
9. Katoa
10. RCG
11. Kikau
12. Yeo
13. JFH

14. Egan
15. Leota
16. Tamou
17. Take your pick of second rowers in reserves. Its the one position we're covered well in.

Couldn't be a worse halves pairing then Peachey has been. Wallace has atleast been a competent half before

TheFrog

Coach
It’s time for Whare to go he is shit now, dropping balls cold every week ffs.
In fairness, Maloney threw him a couple of dodgy passes. One around his ankles, the second out in front of him that he really should have caught. The Sharks were in his face all day.

They are nuffies.

They didn't play like nuffies. They played like a side who didn't want to go 2 from 7. The had it all over us in the outside backs and played to their strengths. I saw enough to think they'll make the finals.

OldPanther

Coach
1. Edwards
2. Crichton (if hes bad again this week drop him though)
3. Peachey
4. CHN
5. DWZ
6. Wallace
7. Maloney
8. Mez
9. Katoa
10. RCG
11. Kikau
12. Yeo
13. JFH

14. Egan
15. Leota
16. Not Tamou
17. Take your pick of second rowers in reserves. Its the one position we're covered well in.

Couldn't be a worse halves pairing then Peachey has been. Wallace has atleast been a competent half before

Fixed that for you.