What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moyza V Jimmy debate. Put to bed.

CAn this stupid conversation by dimwits now finally far can end?
Jimmy thought he was playing for the Sharks still yesterday with his 3 try assists for us through rubiish defensive decisions & lapses & self protection.
Jimmy. Over paid & outplayed.
Goodnight debate.

carcharias

Immortal
Maloney didn’t have his best match yesterday but he’s been a big reason why Penrith are at the pointy end of the ladder this year.

Moylan had his first decent game of the season for us. Before then he has been woeful.

Cmon mate
Get it right
Top of the ladder
Pointy end of the season

sladden road

Juniors
For mine the defence on BBQ was outstanding, cutting down his decision time and forcing him to rush plays and go for the big ones.

Agree with Coifereefy, looked like the 17 model.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Baloney tried a few decent hits in defense that I don't recall seeing at all last year but in general I though he was pretty average.

Anyone who has been impressed by the Panthers so far should have a look at their draw to date.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Chad outplayed Jimmy, I'll give you that. Moylan was good but far from outstanding, his opposite was useless, Peachey!

Baloney tried a few decent hits in defense that I don't recall seeing at all last year but in general I though he was pretty average.

Anyone who has been impressed by the Panthers so far should have a look at their draw to date.

"Baloney" ?

Wow never thought I'd see a Sharks fan call Maloney that after he was a major factor in bringing home a Premiership.

But hey on this forum nothing ceases to amaze me.

bluefox68

Staff member
"Baloney" ?

Wow never thought I'd see a Sharks fan call Maloney that after he was a major factor in bringing home a Premiership.

We loved him, but it hurts that his effort last year was zero, and now he’s back to the ‘good Maloney’ for the Panfas...

CAn this stupid conversation by dimwits now finally far can end?
Jimmy thought he was playing for the Sharks still yesterday with his 3 try assists for us through rubiish defensive decisions & lapses & self protection.
Jimmy. Over paid & outplayed.
Goodnight debate.
based on what facts?
lol

wibble

Bench
Maloney was not bad yesterday. He was most of the Panther's spark. His kicking was excellent.

It is just that we defended so well, they really needed two or three points of attack, and undoubtedly will have that again when Cleary is back. Peachey is a fill in 5/8 and did about as well as you would expect from a player who is not really a 5/8.

I don't know what the Panthers should do with Peachey. He seems so great at times, but has not really dominated in any one position for a stretch of time.

Moylan had shown glimpses in all the games he played with us. Even last week in a generally poor effort, he showed he can do individual things that look good.

But yesterday was the first game where he not only performed well as an individual, but performed well as a team mate. He linked better with the team than previous games, his defense was much better, and he took on some of the game management (not much, just enough to let Townsend be more selective and therefore more effective in when he shows his hand).

As I've said before, I think it is likely the Panthers will get more out of Maloney this year than we do out of Moylan, but next year and the year after I'm predicting and hoping we get the better end of the deal.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
"Baloney" ?

He plays for the Panthers now. Nothing personal, no Maloney no premiership but I don’t have to keep supporting the bloke when he wears a different shirt.

Frenzy.

Immortal
FMD why buy into this?

6 games - Moylan 1 good game

6 games - Maloney 4-5 good games

Mythlan needs to show consistency over a lon, long period before ha is entitled to look at Maloney’s shoelaces let alone tie them.

Mythlan had very little to do with shutting Maloney down. That’s all on Chad. So with Maloney all stitched up to the point of being ineffective of course TPP was going to look better

Beware of false positives

Latest posts