What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs the DOGS

Wallace to 5/8 is the best option.

Sure he doesn’t offer much in attack, but he can defend, kick and just catch & pass.

Opens up more attacking options at hooker.

As it is, pretty much everything comes down to Maloney.

Also gives the team an opportunity to phase Wallace out, and move towards Egan.

I'll say the same as last week, Peach isn't a 6 and never will be. Jimmy also isn't a good enough to carry a team by himself.
I'd also make an example of Aussie Jim, he's a lazy pea heart just collecting a paycheck.

franklin2323

Immortal
NSW Cup dished up garbage far worse than FG and a short week means the starting side won't change. Not many options until troops comeback

I'll say the same as last week, Peach isn't a 6 and never will be. Jimmy also isn't a good enough to carry a team by himself.
I'd also make an example of Aussie Jim, he's a lazy pea heart just collecting a paycheck.

Very few players are good enough to carry a team by themselves, as it stands in the comp right now there might only be 1 or 2 guys I’d put in that category.

OldPanther

Coach
NSW Cup dished up garbage far worse than FG and a short week means the starting side won't change. Not many options until troops comeback

Just put Wallace to 5/8, Katoa to 9 and Egan to the bench. We are demonstrably better with Katoa at hooker anyway.

Very few players are good enough to carry a team by themselves, as it stands in the comp right now there might only be 1 or 2 guys I’d put in that category.
Yeah Jimmy is playing pretty well right now but he's really a running 5/8 and not creative enough to beat good sides carrying Peachy

betcats

Referee
Yeah. Peach to centre and drop Whare.

This. He killed 3 attacking chances with turnovers in the first half alone this week, we wnet in at halftime with over 50 percent possession and down four points. You cant keep carrying that because he was good 4 years ago, its not good enough. Give him a couple weeks in reggies to see if he can get it together. If he still has any of it he shine in NSW cup, if not we are better off with someone else in the centres.

franklin2323

Immortal
Just put Wallace to 5/8, Katoa to 9 and Egan to the bench. We are demonstrably better with Katoa at hooker anyway.

Katoa can't play 80. Wallace's neck stops him from playing 80. We scored 4 tries yet played terrible. We had won only 2 from 11 v sharks so they are our bogey team. There is no way everyone plays that bad 2 weeks in a row

franklin2323

Immortal
This. He killed 3 attacking chances with turnovers in the first half alone this week, we wnet in at halftime with over 50 percent possession and down four points. You cant keep carrying that because he was good 4 years ago, its not good enough. Give him a couple weeks in reggies to see if he can get it together. If he still has any of it he shine in NSW cup, if not we are better off with someone else in the centres.

Did you watch NSW Cup? They were terrible. We have 7 FG out so are pretty limited ATM

Katoa can't play 80. Wallace's neck stops him from playing 80. We scored 4 tries yet played terrible. We had won only 2 from 11 v sharks so they are our bogey team. There is no way everyone plays that bad 2 weeks in a row
1 player who will is Peach. That's a straight up fact. He's a shit half

franklin2323

Immortal
1 player who will is Peach. That's a straight up fact. He's a shit half

He was pretty good last week. Even still we can cover that. There isn't a single player yesterday that I would give more than 6/10 too. That is the problem you can't mask such flaws like that

martielang

Bench
I'd keep the same 17 & give Katoa more minutes. We were atrocious for large parts across the whole field & still should of got the win.

The hysteria over Peach at 6 is ridiculous. He won't be in the running for 5/8th of the year but so far he's done a solid job considering he's our 3rd choice option. We can & have won games with him there.

I'd keep the same 17 & give Katoa more minutes. We were atrocious for large parts across the whole field & still should of got the win.

The hysteria over Peach at 6 is ridiculous. He won't be in the running for 5/8th of the year but so far he's done a solid job considering he's our 3rd choice option. We can & have won games with him there.

To me it’s more that we’re blunted in attack at 2 positions.

Peachey would be fine if we had someone else at hooker, but as it is there’s too much pressure on Maloney to come up with points.

Given I think Wallace is no chance of getting dropped, next best option is shuffling a few positions.

OldPanther

Coach

That's why you have Egan. You play Katoa for 60 minutes and Egan for 20 minutes until Egan is capable of playing the full 80 minutes.

OldPanther

Coach

It's not hysteria. It's more wanting another point of attack to take some pressure off Maloney. Luai might not be that great but would accomplish this as would Wallace.

superpanther

Juniors
may wont be ready for a few more weeks and perhaps cleary wont be ready for another 6 so it looks like we are limited for options at this stage

Copperhead

Juniors
I agree with a combo of MX and OP. We've got 3 problem areas. Slow service and no creativity from Wallace, Peach not being a 5/8, and a has been in the centre. Wallace and Peach aren't going anywhere, so moving Wallace to 5/8 and Peach to centre allows a rotation of Katoa and Egan at hooker (we're carrying one on the bench anyway).