What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

clifford

Juniors
Origins is great. I loved it. 2 dlc for it as well. One about an extra 5 or so hours and second one about 10-12+ hours worth.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I've never played Far Cry, but I own 3, 4, and 5 on Steam.

What game would you liken them to?

I'd say it's similar to a FPS-style GTA; you have the sandbox freedom to do what you want, guns, cars, side missions...

It's a blast.

I think it's hard, though (in a good way). Like, early on, you'll die. A lot.

Easily the best Far Cry, imo.

Eelectrica

Referee
Splitting time between Surviving Mars and Stellaris until Battletech and PoE 2 come out.
Should get back to X-com 2 as well. Good prep for Battletech,

See what else I can catch up on in my backlog. Still got to finish of the D2 expansion pack.

Iafeta

Referee
Please don’t throw things at me but I bought No Mans Sky on the latest PS sale. I know it ballsed up on release but I hear it’s been patched up somewhat decently. Anyone played it post patch?

Splitting time between Surviving Mars and Stellaris until Battletech and PoE 2 come out.
Should get back to X-com 2 as well. Good prep for Battletech,

See what else I can catch up on in my backlog. Still got to finish of the D2 expansion pack.
Watch out for Phoenix point bro

Hard west if you like xcom but it's a western

Also long war and long war 2 modspansion for xcom

You'll be missing for months

Eelectrica

Referee
I'm going to buy tower of time on steam

Looks like cprg meets DA: ORIGINS or jagged alliance back in action
I've got to have a look at Tower of Time at some point. Not sure if it's my thing or not.
DA:O is an all time favorite though. Mostly for RPing aspect.
Didn't mind the more tactical combat either.

Vic Mackey

Referee
A New Beginning

I love point and click adventure games and had heard good things about this. It’s a German one that was released in 2010. Beautiful graphics and although the translation isn’t the best that’s been the only let down so far. You can download these types of games for a few dollars Reguarly and this one is definitely worth it if you grew up on them like I did.

Eelectrica

Referee
Pretty much having a Battletech day. Loving this game so far.
Has some RPG elements, the mech combat is awesome and I've got a Merc company to run.

I've got to have a look at Tower of Time at some point. Not sure if it's my thing or not.
DA:O is an all time favorite though. Mostly for RPing aspect.
Didn't mind the more tactical combat either.

Alright

Tower of time.... I've just started so this review is premature

The combat is pause OR slow time RTS with skills, dragon age origins meets divinity original sin 2 meets MOBA (4 SKILLS but you can learn different ones)

Skills look in depth

The first couple of fights are a pushover however I'm expecting it to ramp up fast

You start with something similar to a demon hunter (d3) paired with a paladin with some geomancy from D:OS 2 however I've only met 2 other characters

The game is breathtaking, sound track seems on point with the wonderment I've experienced

I'm f**king excited for this game

More tower of time

Got my computer room back so I'm back in business

The story is a strong point, I feel that some will dislike the world building they are doing on an original IP, with fallout 4 I didn't about the side stories where her I'm hungry for more

My cons on this game

Wave based combat and the jrpg trope of teleporting to a fight

Too much reading, the voice acting is top draw, use it! I guess they've only got one voice actor

Yeah what I don't like is more piddly than anything else

I've completed the first level

Iafeta

Referee
Please don’t throw things at me but I bought No Mans Sky on the latest PS sale. I know it ballsed up on release but I hear it’s been patched up somewhat decently. Anyone played it post patch?

Thoughts so far. The world is incredibly beautiful graphically. There are now missions that add gameplay to the game. The main issue to me is they’re still tutorial type missions, it forces you to grasp the basics but it’s not a back and forward magical dynamic story.

For $16.47 I think it’s worth it. It still is a little empty but incredibly vibrant graphically. Can easily chill out for a few hours with it.