What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs the DOGS

Frankus

Juniors
No changes for me this week unless we have someone returning from injury.

Sharks threw some defensive pressure at us on the weekend and caught us off guard. Likely Dogs will try the same.

Up to the coaching staff and brains trust now to develop a gameplan if the Dogs do try to copy the Sharks. We'll then know whether it is a team deficiency requiring personnel adjustments or whether it was just surprise and/or an off game against the Sharks.

A fair bit of team changes are psychological. Overhauling the team after a single loss implies no confidence in what has worked in previous wins. Its ridiculous after a 4 point loss on the back of 3 wins. We were never going to go undefeated. The Sharks may have shown us an area to improve, now the coach and team get the next game to fix that deficiency.
I would swap Yeo to centre and CHN to the back row. CHN got found out a few times against the Sharks with his man getting him on the outside. The same may have happened to Yeo but he has proven himself to be a solid centre stopgap when called upon.

Panthers ISP coach Guy Missio has named his side to face St George-Illawarra Dragons at WIN Stadium on Saturday.

The Panthers will wear the black 2018 Home Jersey.

ISP Panthers v ISP Dragons
1pm Saturday
WIN Stadium

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Sam SMITH
3. Adam KEIGHRAN
4. Ratu TUISESE
5. Brian TOO
6. Jarome LUAI
7. Liam COLEMAN
8. Oliver CLARK
9. Soni LUKE
10. Paea PUA
11. Liam MARTIN
12. Jed CARTWRIGHT
13. Reed IZZARD

14. Andy SAUNDERS
15. Chad O'DONNELL
16. Henry SEUMANU
19. Atonio PELESASA

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers ISP coach Guy Missio has named his side to face St George-Illawarra Dragons at WIN Stadium on Saturday.

ISP Panthers v ISP Dragons
1pm Saturday
WIN Stadium

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Sam SMITH
3. Adam KEIGHRAN
4. Ratu TUISESE
5. Brian TOO
6. Jarome LUAI
7. Liam COLEMAN
8. Oliver CLARK
9. Soni LUKE
10. Paea PUA
11. Liam MARTIN
12. Jed CARTWRIGHT
13. Reed IZZARD

14. Andy SAUNDERS
15. Chad O'DONNELL
16. Henry SEUMANU
19. Atonio PELESASA

This just reminds me that Egan hurt his shoulder and I'm sad again.

I notice no one ever mentions coleman. Is he that bad?

chrisD

Coach
Watch a few more games from the past few years. Whare was class 4 years ago. He's average now.

You mention one occasion where the best team in the competition exposed Peachey with arguably the best centre in the comp.

Yet ignore all the occassions average centres have carved up Whare. Hell Inglis got carved up by Aitken... if you dropped a centre for one game like that there wouldn't be any centres left. Thats a fact. Every player has had those days.

Our teams best form has come with Peachey at left centre and Blake at right. That is our best centre pairing. Last thing we need while Blakes injured is our other best centre out of position or dropped.
Peachey simply lacked the feet to hang with Chambers, as he will 1 on 1 with any similarly highly skilled movers in the type of space center allows. That's why I focus on that game, it wasn't just a one off bad game where the opposition got the better of him, it was a case of a team understanding Peachey's physical limitations in the position and exploiting it to win the game. Whare can get himself together, improve on his current form, but Peachey can't get faster, swifter or more agile.

Panthers coach Anthony Griffin has named his side to face Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Panthers Stadium on Friday.

SECURE YOUR SEATS NOW

GET YOUR GAMEDAY INFO HERE

Panthers v Bulldogs
7.50pm Friday

Panthers Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Hertz
2. Christian CRICHTON - sponsored by Potter Automotive
3. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA - sponsored by Annlyn Motors
4. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Col Western Sheds
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Chardon and Abbott Home Loans
6. Tyrone PEACHEY - sponsored by Elite Sand and Soil
7. James MALONEY - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
8. Trent MERRIN - sponsored by Signace
9. Peter WALLACE (c) - sponsored by HIX Group
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by Daily Press
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Sinclair Ford
12. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Heartland Holden
13. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by OAK Plus

14. Sione KATOA - sponsored by Irresistible Pools and Spas
15. Jack HETHERINGTON - sponsored by Chemtools
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Steel Roofing Supply Centre
17. James TAMOU - sponsored by ABL Tile and Bathroom Centre
18. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by OAK Plus
19. Nick LUI-TOSO - sponsored by OAK Plus
20. Tom EISENHUTH - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Kaide ELLIS - sponsored by OAK Plus

franklin2323

Immortal
Selective memory? Lol that is what people say when they cant think of anything else to say. Maybe you have selective memory, you wouldn't know it if you did.

Alright well agree to disagree because I really think you have your head in the sand if you cant admit Whare's defence has been shoddy as f**k since he came back, its a fact he isn't a great defender anymore.

Well Round 1 Whare doesn't play. Pretty much everyone here said he should never be centre again. Against GC Copley scores due to a mix up between Peachey/CHN.

Same thing this week. Sorensen scores from a gap created from Peachey/CHN. Both weeks the only try scored on Whare/Yeo is off a kick.

That is what I mean by selective memory ATM we have guys playing out of position. Errors go with that once guys comeback we can then work on those flaws by moving guys around if need be

franklin2323

Immortal
From my point of view our wins and losses don't matter. A few players are weakening the team.

Wallace through no fault of his own just age, really tries his guts out and has been a great service to the club.

Tamou who has had 1 genuinely great game since coming here.

Tamou had the same stats as the week before. The only difference was the poor read instead of the try

franklin2323

Immortal
This just reminds me that Egan hurt his shoulder and I'm sad again.

I notice no one ever mentions coleman. Is he that bad?

The reason we went hard for Maloney was the lack of play making options depth wise. He is pretty ordinary. Shame we have another ch9 game and still missing quality to play well

Panthers coach Anthony Griffin has named his side to face Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Panthers Stadium on Friday.

SECURE YOUR SEATS NOW

Panthers v Bulldogs
7.50pm Friday
Panthers Stadium

Stunned CHN & Chricton are still on the same side of the field.

Frankus

Juniors
Whare being a good defender is the biggest myth on these forums. People just wont let it go no matter how many times he is exposed.
You are somewhat right. I think the occasional highlight reel big hit he pulls off papers over his defensive deficiencies. Because he does know how to fold men in half.

Just on Whare’s performance on the weekend - he wasn’t our worst, nor our best. He had an average performance. I would persist with him.

The negatives:
Dropped two catchable balls - the first he bombed a probable try in the opening minute or two, the second just before halftime looked well covered. When he knocked the ball on in the second half, I think there was definite help from a sharks hand. Wasn’t much he could do when he put boot to ball in the first half.

The Sharks score the opening try down his side, that was largely Kikau being caught in no mans land and not committing to Dugan. He just stood there plugging a hole that no one was any threat of going through.

The positives:
Made a threatening run around 15 minutes or so in then in our attackinng raid he helped setup our first try. He looked good with some clean ball and it looked like he has a lot of his pace back.

It is easy to overlook how Peach rushed up and cost us the Sorensen try. I didn’t really notice it on first watch. But that try changed the entire balance of the game. We were on top until that point and we never really got back into the game. Plus our right side got carved up most of the game.

OldPanther

Coach

SECURE YOUR SEATS NOW

Panthers v Bulldogs
7.50pm Friday
Panthers Stadium

I get they won't change things with our 5 -2 start but I will say Ellis looked better than Hetherington out of the two debuts.

kinghippo

Juniors
The coach always plays these games with the team list, we won’t know until game day if he has changed anything.
But why name Egan if he is injured? very odd

betcats

Referee
I doubt he will change the chn Crichton pairing tbh. Our defence as a whole was not what it has been the last few weeks.

Look out for early grubbers in behind our line this week. Conceded two tries in two weeks that way, teams will keep trying it

franklin2323

Immortal
I doubt he will change the chn Crichton pairing tbh. Our defence as a whole was not what it has been the last few weeks.

Look out for early grubbers in behind our line this week. Conceded two tries in two weeks that way, teams will keep trying it

That is the wing Crichton played in NSW Cup. Not everyone can play both sides

Latest posts