What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still the Mt Everest of Warriors Defensive efforts? Warriors at Panthers 2010

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I actually never watched that game but was listening to it live on radio in a car with mates (driving home from an out of town concert presumably), and I gotta give props to whoever the Aussie commentary was, that really was a tense game to listen to!!

sup42

Juniors
One of the greats, however if you have played league with twelve versus thirteen, you're more likely to rate last weeks game as the toughest.

Last week our key play maker was sent off against a team many more times as lethal in attack as that Penrith side that day.

I think we have become so accustomed to brilliance in defence this year, and are still somewhat Jaded by the last six years...we will look back in time and realise we took some of the wins for granted this season.

Blair

Coach
It was a disappointing finals campaign that year.

Why did it seem we were always going to lose in the first week away to the Titans? I could handle that but was sick to the stomach when the idiot Tigers blew our chance of a second week.

I recall Cleary had his text message to gee-up the side ready, he was pressing 'send' right after that defensive Tigers' scrum.

Then again, the old adage, 'You can't rely on other results' rang true, and hard.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
We beat the Roosters 14-13 last year in a monumental defensive effort...by no means was it our best of all-time but I thought we'd turned a corner, especially as we'd fought hard against Melbourne the previous week. Then we were 28-6 or whatever up the next week against the Panthers...and we all know what happened next.

All I've seen this week suggests it's as good as we've ever defended. RTS' incredible goal-line stuff at the start of the season, the better systems in play, the scramble, it's all there. And some of it without the Man-ner-King

TheDMC

Bench
Interestingly though we are leading the NRL in missed tackles. Although our scramble has been great, that is still pretty concerning. Anyone know how an 'ineffective tackle' is defined under NRL.com stats?

vvvrulz

Coach
It was a disappointing finals campaign that year.

Why did it seem we were always going to lose in the first week away to the Titans? I could handle that but was sick to the stomach when the idiot Tigers blew our chance of a second week..

Man no kidding, it felt like we lost before kick off. I distinctly remember the gloom.