What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ownership of being wrong thread 2018

Yeo was good, soon as he moved to left centre, dogs had nothing - and he gave it back to them with that try. Not to mention him bending their line every time he ran the ball

Something will be terribly wrong if Yeo doesn't get a call up to State of Origin duties within the next three years

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah Leota has been improved in a few games this year. Maloney has been far better than I expected.

Although our depth is going to be tested this week. I was right about us copping injuries and needing it. I was wrong about how many injuries I expected us to get.

I thought maybe 3 or 4 players tops. Never dreamed we could be looking st missing:

1. Edwards
2. Mansour
3. Blake
6. May
7. Cleary
8. Browne
9. Wallace
10. Mckendry

All at the same time.

OldPanther

Coach
If Tamou keeps putting in effort I'll be having to use this thread. He really dug in 2 out of his last 3.

Vicpanther

Juniors
Still don't rate tamou Still don't rate peach at 6. And still like to see whare in the centers.

But I'm just a sentimental old fart.

OldPanther

Coach
I dont think any of us will have to worry about him proving us wrong.

Fingers crossed he does though. No one ever wants a signing to be shit. Well not for the club they support anyway.

Yeah I'd like to be wrong about him. He seems to drop off mentally. Seems to think hitting his numbers is good enough or something.

I have staff like that and it's infuriating when you can see they are much better with effort.

TheFrog

Coach
Word on the street. Jimmy Maloney, Man of the Match and 3 Dally M points.
He got 1 against the Sharks. That will take him to 10 and 1 behind Pearce, who's out of the running you'd have to think. Don't know if Widdop got points, he was up there, Kalyn Ponga as well, and Brooks has yet to play.

franklin2323

Immortal
I was very wrong about JFH. Thought he was very overrated & would struggle to make our 17. He's turned into the complete opposite.

Nice one that. You aren't alone many people that sit in my bay at the footy said the same thing. This is him from 2016 again

betcats

Referee
Ive been wrong a lot, I've already owned to up to being wrong on some pre season predictions in the various game threads. I was always big on JFH though. After what he did in 2016 while still NYC eligible I was always confident he was a talent and he had the right attitude.

I think in general the panthers forum is pretty harsh on our juniors and their prospects once they hit FG. They get talked up in the lower grades but if they aren't immediately turning in star performances once the debut then they are considered just solid or nothing special.

I spent years defending guys like Yeo, RCG, Waqa, Dallin as future rep players when the general consensus on these forums was they were nothing special. Yeo is the perfect example, he handled FG better than any 18yo ive seen(including Cleary) and yet because he wasn't bending the line back at 18,19,20 years old(while being built like a rake) he wasn't rated at all. He was always going to catch up physically and always going to be a very good player once that happened, you could just see it in his attitude and how smart he plays. Other players weren't rated for other reasons. Generally speaking if a rookie has the talent and are willing to work hard than their performances need to be taken with a grain of salt, even the best players in the world still make mistakes and have bad games. Rookies are always going to go through that.

Fangs

Coach
I'm trying my best but I'm literally right about everything. General NRL forum has to put up with my supreme intellect as well.

Might need to start a new thread.

P.S don't search my posts.