What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2018

Storm13

Juniors
WOW!!! Who would ever think you could upstage 2017 race??? CRAZY!!

Knew before the Red bull incident that it was going to happen. Thought Ricciardo was giving teammate respect when he completed a couple of overtaking moves but never got that respect given back.

Life's Good

Coach
Bottas very unlucky but Vettel probably deserved his win. He drove really well.
Red Bull should have seen it coming. Twice Ric was in a position to overtake & should have been let through as he had plenty of pace to pull away. It will make an interesting back drop to the contract negotiations.

T-Boon

Coach
It is good that they let the two of them race but it is bad that Riccardo is an aggressive overtaker and Max is a dirty defender. Bad mix. If Ric was team mates with Bottas it would work well for Ric.

Munted

Bench
It is good that they let the two of them race but it is bad that Riccardo is an aggressive overtaker and Max is a dirty defender. Bad mix. If Ric was team mates with Bottas it would work well for Ric.
This.
Oil and water, the team should have done something about it after the first couple of scuffles.
I could see it coming.
Exciting race, but poor management out of the red bull garage

Munted

Bench
WOW!!! Who would ever think you could upstage 2017 race??? CRAZY!!

Knew before the Red bull incident that it was going to happen. Thought Ricciardo was giving teammate respect when he completed a couple of overtaking moves but never got that respect given back.
Considering I thought 2016 was as boring as sochi, 2017 and 2018 have been spectacles! Still chuckle at vettel banging Hamiltons wheels, type of thing I'd like to do people who cut me off on the road.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I reckon inside the Red Bull team, Max copped a massive boot up the arse for that. He was proven to be slower than Ricciardo all race and all Max did was prevent RB from getting a podium and then denying them of any points at all. I knew all along that they'd publicly say that they were both at fault, but that little chat Danny gave to Ted Kravitz during his notebook segment after the race gave me the impression that Max had copped the blame internally, because Danny was managing to smile and have a laugh (albeit about a different topic)

Storm13

Juniors
Ricciardo needs to stop giving away his positions to Verstappen at the start of races. Sloppy how he lost his initial place after the restart last race.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ricciardo does struggle off the start. He rarely ever moves up any places on the first lap, especially off the start. I reckon its because he knows there will be contact and crashes and he's playing the long game.

Parra

Referee
I reckon inside the Red Bull team, Max copped a massive boot up the arse for that. He was proven to be slower than Ricciardo all race and all Max did was prevent RB from getting a podium and then denying them of any points at all. I knew all along that they'd publicly say that they were both at fault, but that little chat Danny gave to Ted Kravitz during his notebook segment after the race gave me the impression that Max had copped the blame internally, because Danny was managing to smile and have a laugh (albeit about a different topic)

I think Max is a protected species at Red Bull. This is why he never learns.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Max is protected. But not so much this year because they want Ricciardo to stay.

It's an interesting dynamic. I can see Ricciardo milking this and leaving his decision til the very end.

Storm13

Juniors
Pathetic drive from Ricciardo.

Max loses big chunk of his front wing and does not impede him in the slightest, goes to show how much useless money goes to so much little details.

Life's Good

Coach
Pathetic drive from Ricciardo.

Max loses big chunk of his front wing and does not impede him in the slightest, goes to show how much useless money goes to so much little details.

So true. A lot of that aero stuff is just d*ck waving. Don't get me wrong, I'm fascinated by the constant evolution and gains made but it really adds nothing to the racing when you consider the constant moans about 'dirty air' that have been a part of F1 for way too long. It seems like the planned rule changes will bring about better racing although I've been hearing about that for the last 30+ years so let's see what unfolds.

Parra

Referee
Hopefully what unfolds is simpler aero and more horsepower.

I'd like a return to looser rules to encourage innovation. The road car manufacturers will not want this. Who wants to get beaten by some upstart like Jack Brabham or Colin Chapman?

Munted

Bench
That was a tough race to keep the eyes open. Like many of the drivers I was hoping for rain to spice things up.

The almost 1am in Sydney chequered flag is making it hard now.
May give Monaco the flick after a handful of laps.
Great visuals, shit house racing except for a few dopes putting it into the barriers.