What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
I only saw the 2nd half so have to withold my points until i see the rest of the game but pretty sure radley will get 3.

Positives are that we won and i have learned to take any and all wins over manly regardless of how convincing. Our goal line D was also superb in 2nd half.

I can't say the attack failed as they didn't get much of a chance in the 2nd half. Interestingly, the MMM guys said that the tactics with the ball were completely different (better) and that it would take a good month for that style to click given they have changed after 8 weeks. Interested to see if you guys agree with that assessment.

Our scrambling defence was good yesterday, but we still have too many missed tackles (we had 31 to Manly's 21) or ineffectual tackles. The Sea Eagles out ran us by over 400 metres throughout the course of the match - they gained 1527 metres with ball in hand to our teams 1108 metres. Our defence looks shaky and our attack? Huh I've seen Under 8 teams look better trying to create with ball in hand.

Valheru

Coach
The opposition is always going to run for more yards when they have 56% posession and make 60 less tackles than our guys. Holding the ball would fix that.

Agree re: the misses tackles but they seem to get it together when it matters.