What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Townsend for NSW?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Bloody Blake Green. The only time he played ordinary was with the Sharks LOL

He gets those Worriers around nicely.

Do we think Fittler will be looking at a rebuild or a quick fix?
He missed one tackle on Cronk, millersnose and reefy know this too, they were sitting next to me.

Sadly there is no standout 6 for NSW.

ghoti

Bench
Chad would be way out of his depth in Origin.

Agreed, but so would Cleary, Keary, Reynolds, etc...maybe Green has the experience to hold it together? It'srazy how slim the Blues halves pickings are. My point wasn't that Townsend deserves to be tjere, but only that he seems as good an option as any of the other options, though weirdly never gets talked about as being in contention.

Bring back Shaun Timmins as the 6 to partner Maloney. Who's a Timmins clone? Big f**ker who can kick a winning drop goal (Graham)

ouryears

Bench
If CT is picked to play SOO I would have to give up ever watching origin again.

It would be like us giving Mary a go at coaching NSW.

I mean come on guys, half of you want him out of your team.

If CT is picked to play SOO I would have to give up ever watching origin again.

It would be like us giving Mary a go at coaching NSW.

I mean come on guys, half of you want him out of your team.
I dont necessarily think Chad will get picked but i am looking at the reasons he would if it came up.
Qld are spoilt for riches when it comes to the halves. Thurston and Cronk retire and they still have Hunt, Morgan, DCE, Taylor, Milford etc to choose from, who does NSW have? Besides Maloney, The busted Pearce and Cleary, Green, Brooks, Reynolds, Keary (who wanted to play for qld) , not exactly awe inspiring is It? The fact Fatso Bird is getting spoken about wouldnt exactly strike fear into the Joh's.
So yeah I reckon Chad's name has been thrown up, mostly because he has played successfully with the BBQ.

txta2

Bench
Was funny to see Maloney asked who his partner would be . Seemed he named every half in the comp, cept for old Chad LOL

ouryears

Bench
I dont necessarily think Chad will get picked but i am looking at the reasons he would if it came up.
Qld are spoilt for riches when it comes to the halves. Thurston and Cronk retire and they still have Hunt, Morgan, DCE, Taylor, Milford etc to choose from, who does NSW have? Besides Maloney, The busted Pearce and Cleary, Green, Brooks, Reynolds, Keary (who wanted to play for qld) , not exactly awe inspiring is It? The fact Fatso Bird is getting spoken about wouldnt exactly strike fear into the Joh's.
So yeah I reckon Chad's name has been thrown up, mostly because he has played successfully with the BBQ.
Agree for sure, our stocks are poor, it would be good to have someone Maloney is comfortable with.

Just worries me when I see CT being lambasted in the forum even during the 2016 premiership winning year....

Was funny to see Maloney asked who his partner would be . Seemed he named every half in the comp, cept for old Chad LOL
That is stretching the truth
When asked who he thought would be there he said it depends on what type of player the selectors are thinking of, he then mentioned Keary and Bird.
Hardly every half in the comp.
You forget they brought up Chad when talking to Maloney and he was quite positive in his words.
Other people do watch those shows ya know.

Ads

First Grade
They would pick Moylan at 5/8 over Chad in the 7. He is no chance. Maloney even mentioned Wade as a potential 5/8, didn't even mention Chad.

Stake Removed

First Grade
It will be very interesting to see what Fittler does, is this his team and its picked on form, or does he work the policy stick to previous players and make small changes, this was team last year, on form very few should remain

J.Tedesco - yes no standouts
B.Morris - no
J.Dugan - injured no
J.Hayne - injured no
B.Ferguson - no, seems to be issues when in camp
J.Maloney - yes, but last couple of weeks his defence is going backwards
M.Pearce - injured no
A.Woods - Hell no
N.Peats - no
A.Fifita - inelgible no
B.Cordner - i wouldnt select him but yes
J.Jackson - for bench yes
T.Frizzell - yes

bench

D.Klemmer - yes
W,graham - injured no
J.Trbojevic - yes
J.Bird - no

On that team 10 changes

Ken Ebb

Juniors
Townsend just doesn’t have the class unfortunately. He is wholehearted I have to say and has a goAiden Sezer has his moments and is not getting a mention either. Green only just shades both of them. Austin was only just recently dropped to Reggie’s, Bird would be a risk as his form is shite, Keary would be a query with his size although I think he plays above his weight, Graham is just a no for the halves and would be underdone for the 1st game anyway and form doesn’t warrant it at this stage (he had good touches when he was briefly on field on Saturday night)
There’s not even a real smoky that you could chuck in with Maloney. Walker? Cook?!?! Green to me is the best foil for Maloney....I’d go with this-

1 Tedesco
2 Ado Carr
3 Aitken
4 Mitchell
5 T Trobovic
6 Green
7 Maloney
8 Campbell Gillard
9 Mcinnis
10 De Belin
11 T Sims
12 Cordner
13 Frizzell

14 Cook
15 Vaughan
16 Jackson
17 Klemmer

webShark

Townsend just doesn’t have the class unfortunately. He is wholehearted I have to say and has a goAiden Sezer has his moments and is not getting a mention either. Green only just shades both of them. Austin was only just recently dropped to Reggie’s, Bird would be a risk as his form is shite, Keary would be a query with his size although I think he plays above his weight, Graham is just a no for the halves and would be underdone for the 1st game anyway and form doesn’t warrant it at this stage (he had good touches when he was briefly on field on Saturday night)
There’s not even a real smoky that you could chuck in with Maloney. Walker? Cook?!?! Green to me is the best foil for Maloney....I’d go with this-

1 Tedesco
2 Ado Carr
3 Aitken
4 Mitchell
5 T Trobovic
6 Green
7 Maloney
8 Campbell Gillard
9 Mcinnis
10 De Belin
11 T Sims
12 Cordner
13 Frizzell

14 Cook
15 Vaughan
16 Jackson
17 Klemmer
4,5 and 7 would be targeted in defence and found out. Plus Tedesco , Cordner , Jackson and Klemmer doing little. NSW team is a lottery. Sims had 3 good games so he is in.

FTR, I would go Cleary at 7 as he will have a couple of games by then. Jimmy at 6.

Last edited:

Ken Ebb

Juniors
4,5 and 7 would be targeted in defence and found out. Plus Tedesco , Cordner , Jackson and Klemmer doing little. NSW team is a lottery. Sims had 3 good games so he is in.

FTR, I would go Cleary at 7 as he will have a couple of games by then. Jimmy at 6.

Agree it’s a lottery as the usual suspects are down on form going with the topsy turvy competition. No one else is really putting their hand up apart from the Dragon blokes and Gillard. The experience and class of the other blokes like Cordner and Tedesco should see them go alright.
If Cleary gets a couple of solid games in before origin, 100% chuck him in.
Should be mentioned that the Qld incumbents aren’t travelling that well either.