What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

OldPanther

Coach
Bryce Cartwright's horror start to the season continues. He needs a spell in the Queensland Cup to try and find some form & desire.

The bloke is 110kg with one of the best offloads and refuses to run. It's just sad at this point.

mxlegend99

Referee
The bloke is 110kg with one of the best offloads and refuses to run. It's just sad at this point.
Its nothing new though. The second he had a 6 on his back for us his entire mindset changed into thinking he needed to play like Thurston.

He might have the skills of a half. But he doesn't read a game like a good half can. Hid career will rot away so long as he keeps being used at 6.

He needs a coach like Bellamy. Someone who gives his guys a simple job within their ability.

Kilkenny

Coach
Its nothing new though. The second he had a 6 on his back for us his entire mindset changed into thinking he needed to play like Thurston.

He might have the skills of a half. But he doesn't read a game like a good half can. Hid career will rot away so long as he keeps being used at 6.

He needs a coach like Bellamy. Someone who gives his guys a simple job within their ability.

Having the 6 on his back doesn't explain or excuse his total lack of intensity and lackadaisical attitude.

Had a lazy day yesterday during which had a read of the Titan's forum (League of Titans) and to put it mildly there fans are none to impressed with Bryce.

franklin2323

Immortal
Having the 6 on his back doesn't explain or excuse his total lack of intensity and lackadaisical attitude.

Had a lazy day yesterday during which had a read of the Titan's forum (League of Titans) and to put it mildly there fans are none to impressed with Bryce.

Hardly a surprise Bryce still seems to have alot of Panthers fans as apologists. If you look back this is a trait that goes right back

Kilkenny

Coach
There was quite a funny comment I read from one Titans fan who made the observation that Bryce doesn't run the ball into the defensive line, he power walks (with no power).

OldPanther

Coach
Hardly a surprise Bryce still seems to have alot of Panthers fans as apologists. If you look back this is a trait that goes right back

The fact is he needs a coach who's going to get a rocket up him, play him in the right position and direct him to play to his strengths.

Neither Griffin or Brennan seem to be that coach whether by choice or roster issues.

mxlegend99

Referee
What exactly did I say that was pro Bryce?

His career started on this trajectory when he was moved to 6. He's q useless 6 and the longer he is used there the less likely he is to even have a career. By seasons end I doubt he will at this rate.

He's a second rower who has spent the majority of the past 2 seasons playing out of position in the halves. How many second rowers in the NRL could survive that? I doubt many could.

Bryce was a victim of his own skillset. Rather than being allowed to develop as a second rower he has had 2 coaches trying to turn him into a half. He has the ability to do the job. But he doesn't have the brains or mentality to be one. The more time he spends there the more his confidence is destroyed.

He needs to take some responsibility for his efforts and mistakes. But so do Hook and Brennan.

Kilkenny

Coach
Bryce has become a laughing stock to the point it's embarassing.

I don't think there is any way Brennan can pick Bryce in the 17 this week.

He need's to go back to the Qld Cup and basically not return till he hardens up.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
With Cartwright there must be something going on with him. He looks like a cardboard cutout of the player he was 18 months.

I don't think going to the Gold Coast was was best idea. The bloke needs help in working out what he want from his life.

So low on cofidence too. Think staying at Penrith and seeking help would have been the smarter option.

OldPanther

Coach
Needs a rest. Doesn't look like he should be on a football field.

With Cartwright there must be something going on with him. He looks like a cardboard cutout of the player he was 18 months.

I don't think going to the Gold Coast was was best idea. The bloke needs help in working out what he want from his life.

So low on cofidence too. Think staying at Penrith and seeking help would have been the smarter option.

The look on his face tonight was of someone who'd rather be anywhere else. Reminds me of my depression days and staying home for 6 months without leaving the house. He needs some help.