What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 V Souths

ALSGI

Bench
So here we go again, Sunday 2pm again and playing Souffs again.So that’s only 8 teams we’ve played in the first 10 rounds which is stupid.

Anyway it’s away at ANZ and by the looks of some of the boys a 7 day turn around will be welcomed although Souffs will have 9 days after beating the Knights 36-18 last Friday night.

They’ve got Sam Burgess back after a 2 week suspension, he’ll be pumped after also being suspended in our 16-12 win in round 5. That was Nighty’s 250th and he did pull off some great defence that night. Nene was disallowed 2 try’s (both should have been awarded imo). Aitken scored that magic try against Inglis. Dufty scored the 70m against the run try.
We led 16-2 with 8 mins to go and Walker and Inglis scored late try’s which was a worry. Walker and Inglis will be pumped for the Indigenous round - do we have any Aboriginal players in FG?

Friz should take an early plea and be able to play so we should be at full strength.

Hope all the benchmark talk doesn’t f**kc us over. Hope Mary turns it into a positive motivator.

I’m looking forward to the battle between the poms, the hookers and most of all to see our right side tight as a nuns fanny.

Dragons by 20, as it should have been in round 5.

4449A12F-470E-4056-A72E-AAD639092744.jpeg

getsmarty

Immortal
Game Day Information: Round 10
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 7 May 2018, 02:13 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons will face the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on Sunday, May 13.

Gates open: 11:30am
NRL: 2pm
Broadcast: Fox League

TICKETS

From Ticketek: www.ticketek.com.au. Surcharges apply.

Adult

Junior

Concession

Family

Rabbitohs Diamond Reserved

$65

$40

$49

NA

Rabbitohs Gold Reserved

$45

$30

$40

$119

Rabbitohs GA

$20

$10

$15

$40

General Admission

$20

$10

$15

$40

The Burrow

$30

$20

$25

$89

Opposition GA

$20

$10

$15

$40

Alcohol Free GA

$20

$10

$15

$40

RED V MEMBERSHIP

Member access

Red V Members do not have access to this game with their membership as this is an away game.

Red V Members can access discounted pre-purchased tickets in reserved seats and general admission. Please check inside your Red V emails for member ticket offers to view the discount code.

Click here to purchase tickets

MERCHANDISE

Shop and Huts

Open time

Close time

Dragons Team Store

Leagues Club

CLOSED

CLOSED

Merch Van

Outside P1 car park

11:30pm

15-mins post-match

DRAGONS WEARING

Indigenous jersey

TRANSPORT

It is recommended you pre-book parking. This should be done seven to 10 working days in advance through Sydney Olympic Park or Ticketek.

• If you do not pre-book, make sure you arrive early and allow plenty of time for travel and to find a parking space.
Are you an RTA Mobility Parking Scheme permit holder?

Click here to pre-book your space or call 13 665 915 – to avoid a fine remember to display your RTA permit.

Getting here by hire car?

You can get dropped off and picked up on Dawn Fraser Ave.

Sydney Buses operates a number of services to Sydney Olympic Park including:

• 401: From Lidcombe Station to Olympic Park Station via Homebush Bay (Monday to Saturday day-time service)
  • 525: From Parramatta Station to Burwood (Westfield) via UWS Parramatta Campus, Rydalmere, Newington, Olympic Park Station, Strathfield Station, Burwood Station (daily full-time service)
  • 526: From Sydney Olympic Park Wharf to Burwood (Westfield) via Newington, Strathfield Station, Burwood Station (daily full-time service)
Accessible travel is available to ANZ Stadium. Click here for more information.

Bus parking

Chartered bus and coach parking is available at Sydney Olympic Park. Bookings can be made up until midnight the evening before an event, for more information click here.

Train

The closest train station to ANZ Stadium is Olympic Park. The easiest way to travel here is to catch a direct train from:

• Lidcombe Station, operating every 10 minutes on event days

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/05/07/game-day-information-round-10/

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
So here we go again, Sunday 2pm again and playing Souffs again.So that’s only 8 teams we’ve played in the first 10 rounds which is stupid.

Anyway it’s away at ANZ and by the looks of some of the boys a 7 day turn around will be welcomed although Souffs will have 9 days after beating the Knights 36-18 last Friday night.

They’ve got Sam Burgess back after a 2 week suspension, he’ll be pumped after also being suspended in our 16-12 win in round 5. That was Nighty’s 250th and he did pull off some great defence that night. Nene was disallowed 2 try’s (both should have been awarded imo). Aitken scored that magic try against Inglis. Dufty scored the 70m against the run try.
We led 16-2 with 8 mins to go and Walker and Inglis scored late try’s which was a worry. Walker and Inglis will be pumped for the Indigenous round - do we have any Aboriginal players in FG?

Friz should take an early plea and be able to play so we should be at full strength.

Hope all the benchmark talk doesn’t f**kc us over. Hope Mary turns it into a positive motivator.

I’m looking forward to the battle between the poms, the hookers and most of all to see our right side tight as a nuns fanny.

Dragons by 20, as it should have been in round 5.

View attachment 19755

ALSGI, l see your 20 and raise you 10.

Final score.
Dragons 30
Souths 8
OKB liquidated..........
Gin bottle 1
Bar fridge Nil

mickeylane

Bench
Most dangerous game so far this year - form team are SOUTHS along w ourselves. They have a better backine and a very robust forward pack - they do make crucial mistakes which is their undoing sometimes .. This could be a loss coming our way - or a high scoring affair 28-26 - toss of a coin but I do sniff a loss .. :( sorry )
They'll be up for this especially one GREG INGLIS!! sorry Euen.. Your on a hiding to none this week..

SBD82

Coach
I'm so keen to see the two forward packs go at it. With the burgii in form there's no way our pack will take this game lightly.

Also think Reynolds is in for a long night and will be looking over his shoulder every time he gets the ball. As a half it'd be impossible not to notice the work that sims is doing this year.

Belta

Juniors
Another tough one. I think we have it the bag. Dragons win by a point, 11 to 10 Widdop slots the field goal.

2010Dragons

Bench
If we can control the ruck area and don't allow Cook to run with his blistering speed from dummy half.
If we can run our attacking plays to the bunnies right edge, then we should score a few try's there.
If Hunt can kick to open space and force the big bunnies forwards pack to constantly back peddle.
Then it will be Dragons 13+

Otherwise, it will be a close game, Dragons by 2

ouryears

Bench
Most dangerous game so far this year - form team are SOUTHS along w ourselves. They have a better backine and a very robust forward pack - they do make crucial mistakes which is their undoing sometimes .. This could be a loss coming our way - or a high scoring affair 28-26 - toss of a coin but I do sniff a loss .. :( sorry )
They'll be up for this especially one GREG INGLIS!! sorry Euen.. Your on a hiding to none this week..

Mickey, are you saying Souths have a better team than us?

And that old man lnglis will walk over Euen?

Our halves are way better.

By the sounds of it you are saying Souths will win the comp.

If we play to our potential we will win by 20 +

Sound like you are head over heels for the Rabbits....

gitano

Juniors

Not worried about Euie in that battle.
Lot of truth in your post though, I think the Dragons have had plenty of reason to be up for games of late.

Similar start to last year, trip to NZ for a top of the table clash, big ANZAC Day game and then the form team in the Storm. Souffs is a bit of a nothing game in comparison, if we turn up we win, but will take as big an effort as all our recent games.

Frank Facer

First Grade
This will be a hard game for us. If I was coach, I would be instructing our players to send a lot of traffic towards Adam Overrated Reynolds. He doesn't want to have anything to do with tackling big hard running forwards. lol His defence has been atrocious this year. I would also be looking at sending players towards him and counting on players either side of him coming in to help him defend leaving holes inside or outside of Reynolds. I am pretty sure that he will be playing on the same side of the field as Frizell. I would also be instructing our forwards to put a lot of legal pressure on Reynolds when he has the ball in his hands or is kicking in general play. He is injury prone too.

I would also be instructing our team to send a lot of traffic towards Gagai, who's defence is suspect too.

I would also be testing Cody Walker in defence too. We have to mark him well in attack, he is their point of attack.

I would also be instructing our kickers to bomb Alex Johnson and to pressure him.

We have to make an extra effort to watch Cook from dummy half.

We have to win the forward battle. They have one of the best packs in the comp.

Sutton has been in very good form this year and we have to shut him down too.

Latest posts