What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Panthers @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 10: Knights v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 10
Newcastle Knights v Penrith Panthers
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Friday 11 May 2018

Gates 4:30pm / NRL 6pm

TL-NEW18.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Ken Sio 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Nathan Ross 5. Shaun Kenny-dowall 6. Connor Watson 7. Brock Lamb 8. Herman Ese'ese 9. Slade Griffin 10. Josh King 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Aidan Guerra
Interchange: 14. Danny Levi 15. Chris Heighington 16. Luke Yates 17. Daniel Saifiti 18. Jamie Buhrer 19. Jacob Saifiti 20. Jack Cogger 21. Cory Denniss

TL-PEN18.png

1. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 2. Christian Crichton 3. Isaah Yeo 4. Dean Whare 5. Tyrone Phillips 6. Tyrone Peachey 7. James Maloney 8. Trent Merrin 9. Peter Wallace 10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Corey Harawera Naera 13. James Fisher-Harris
Interchange: 14. Sione Katoa 15. Kaide Ellis 16. James Tamou 17. Jarome Luai 18. Wayde Egan 19. Nick Lui-toso 20. Tom Eisenhuth 21. Tyrone May

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Gavin Reynolds, Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Nick Morel, Clayton Sharpe
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Ben Cummins

Feeder team matches
KNIGHTS and PANTHERS (NSWRL)
SUN
North Sydney (SOU) v Panthers @ NSO, ISP 11:45am (FOX)
BWSE (MAN) v Knights @ HE Laybutt, ISP 3pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Spot On

Coach
When is Cleary due back?

Even with a busted team Penrith have the forwards to dominate ours. Will hit harder and run harder than us unless some sort of miracle happens before Friday.

The only miracle we have is Kalyn Ponga. Not too much to lump on a bloke who just turned 20 with less than 20 first grade games..... is it?

mozza91

Coach
Definitely a winnable game with the injuries they have. Hopefully Penrith play like they did in the First Half against the Cowboys.

Old dog

Juniors
If we can't beat Penrith at home with all there problems/injuries we don't deserve to be top 8. We need to come out firing, lots of aggression, big hits and maybe an off load or two from our forwards that would certainly surprise the opposition
Something needs to be done to fire up our forwards, Yates and King maybe, but at least do something.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I said it before they year and my opinion has not changed. We are not a top 8 team yet but def top 10.

This is a winnable game but with a young squad we will lose a few we should win.

Here is hoping they come to play 80 mins cause if they do they are a shot.

Knight Vision

First Grade
When is Cleary due back?

Even with a busted team Penrith have the forwards to dominate ours. Will hit harder and run harder than us unless some sort of miracle happens before Friday.

The only miracle we have is Kalyn Ponga. Not too much to lump on a bloke who just turned 20 with less than 20 first grade games..... is it?
not when it's Kayln Ponga

Spot On

Coach
It's probably safe to say that the next 5 rounds will determine if we give ourselves a fighting chance to scrape into the 8 this year. Win 3 of those and we are alive.

If not, we'd be very, very long odds to win more than 4 games from R15 onwards.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
If we can't beat Penrith at home with all there problems/injuries we don't deserve to be top 8. We need to come out firing, lots of aggression, big hits and maybe an off load or two from our forwards that would certainly surprise the opposition
Something needs to be done to fire up our forwards, Yates and King maybe, but at least do something.
Don't know if I agree with that comment. Our best player over the first 6 weeks was Pearce and he's out injured. He led the Daily M for a reason as his organisation, defense etc was top notch. I wouldn't say that we don't deserve to make the top 8 whilst we are missing our most pivotal player.

Spot On

Coach
If our pack was a lot more aggressive for longer periods with and without the ball I'd agree with Old Dog re should be beating Penrith.

But.... the fact is they aren't. Maybe they can go up a gear this week at home and make up for last week's effort.

Choppy182

Juniors
Edwards is a big loss at fullback for them. Home town advantage for the second week in a row after a touch up. Defence improvement a must.

We HAVE to target Maloney all game. Tire him out and get Ponga to him with time. Worst defender in the comp up against the quickest feet, will find heaps of value there.

Old dog

Juniors
Don't know if I agree with that comment. Our best player over the first 6 weeks was Pearce and he's out injured. He led the Daily M for a reason as his organisation, defense etc was top notch. I wouldn't say that we don't deserve to make the top 8 whilst we are missing our most pivotal player.
And what about what they are missing

PhilGould

Bench
Cogger was there too. I think the report was alluding to him training/being fit, it wasn't necessarily saying he's going to be back in first grade this week.

Old dog

Juniors
I like both Lamb and Cogger, liked how they played in u20s and thought they would develop into fine players, both have potential. Cogger deserves a go in 1sts, Lamb out last week injured, not sure what, but has to come back in reserves, prove his fitness and show he deserves selection in 1sts.

Latest posts