What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ball incident

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
A couple of comments:
1. I read Smih's complaint first last night. I think it was on NRL.com and reported as a "punch". So in this case not the Tele's initiative.
2. I am so glad so many Forum members have pointed to what Smith was doing to Lattimore with his shoulder, arm and elbow. I only saw the one replay but that is what stood out for me.
3. We refer to "Tall Poppies' Syndrome" in Australia, the rubbishing of leading figures. But as in this case some Tall Poppies do not deserve their favourable media image. Yes Cameron Smith is a great enduring footballer but a sneaky, cheating grub at the same time, just like his little buddy Billy.
4. To me it is a complete travesty of justice that one Australian sporting captain named Smith is in disgrace for acquiescing in the breaking of the Laws of the Game while another Australian sporting captain named Smith retains his respectable image while carrying on wih unsporting behaviour week in week out.
5. Onya big Jeremy!!

TruSaint

Referee
A couple of comments:
1. I read Smih's complaint first last night. I think it was on NRL.com and reported as a "punch". So in this case not the Tele's initiative.
2. I am so glad so many Forum members have pointed to what Smith was doing to Lattimore with his shoulder, arm and elbow. I only saw the one replay but that is what stood out for me.
3. We refer to "Tall Poppies' Syndrome" in Australia, the rubbishing of leading figures. But as in this case some Tall Poppies do not deserve their favourable media image. Yes Cameron Smith is a great enduring footballer but a sneaky, cheating grub at the same time, just like his little buddy Billy.
4. To me it is a complete travesty of justice that one Australian sporting captain named Smith is in disgrace for acquiescing in the breaking of the Laws of the Game while another Australian sporting captain named Smith retains his respectable image while carrying on wih unsporting behaviour week in week out.
5. Onya big Jeremy!!

Nicely put...

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
News Update - The NRL have despatched a search party to Kogarah Oval in hope of finding Cam Smiths balls.

SES were called in as backup in hope of finding some trace of bollocks ..... but to no avail.

The Army Reserves brought in infrared cameras to scan the oval but only found a giant assole in the form of Cam Smith standing on the halfway line.

The Army has now requested either a larger camera or a smaller assole on their next search.

Conclusion - The NRL match Committee have squash any charges relating to Dragons player Latimore squeezing any ballsack, noting that Cam Smith is living in denial thinking he had any balls to start with.

st shaneoh

Juniors
A couple of comments:
5. Onya big Jeremy!!
As James Graham said to Smith in the world cup ' your a cheating c#nt'. Not a truer word spoken. Deserves everything he gets. Wish he was playing in the 80s so justice could be administer in the scrums

Life's Good

Coach
I’m having a ball reading all this shit.
Thread needs to be bumped regularly.
That reminds of the story about two cannibals who stumbled on a couple of bodies in the jungle. As they start tucking in Cannibal 1 calls out to Cannibal 2 ‘Hey buddy, how you getting on?’ Cannibal 2 replies ‘I’m having a ball’. Cannibal 1 says ‘F*ck me you’re quick, I’m just starting on the ankles’.

dragons girl

Juniors
Cant win by the rules cant win by bending them or whinging to the refs so now they whinge about an accidental hit to the groin Lucky Rod Reddy Was not playing.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I just laughed, even better that the Dragons scored.

It's a bit sad that he thought it was deliberate and felt sorry for the bloke until he tried to get the try try reversed

Apparently the tele is reporting that Latimores ball incident towards Cameron Smith was a deliberate act??????

Discuss
Nothing to discuss - it was nothing (barely touched him) and purposely blown out of all proportion by Smith and co.
That and the AC no try are ready made excuses for being smashed in the forwards and made to look second rate.