What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Westworld

Timbo

Staff member
Episode 2.

So, we now have about five timelines in play.

I'm confused.

I think this season will once again end with me going 'whoaaaaa' and re-watching to see what I missed.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I wasn't wowed by the first episode (despite the oodles of gore), but I'm definitely more fond of the second episode.

I loved the flashbacks to the earliest days, with the "full of splendour" callbacks. Also dug the brief cameo from our boy, Gus Frain.

Timbo

Staff member
Episode 3 is kind of all over the place again.

Yeah.

The scene where the human security team walks incredibly slowly in a straight line into a hail of gunfire stretched my suspension of disbelief a bit. It also seemed to be done purely to illustrate how the hosts were able to take over so quickly - that the entire security force was led into a (very avoidable) trap. Was a bit 'Dark Knight Rises' for me.

It's still great TV but I'm hoping there's an 'oh damn' moment on the horizon.

Some interesting theories floating around about Ghost Nation online as well.

gUt

Coach
Yeah.

The scene where the human security team walks incredibly slowly in a straight line into a hail of gunfire stretched my suspension of disbelief a bit. It also seemed to be done purely to illustrate how the hosts were able to take over so quickly - that the entire security force was led into a (very avoidable) trap. Was a bit 'Dark Knight Rises' for me.

It's still great TV but I'm hoping there's an 'oh damn' moment on the horizon.

Some interesting theories floating around about Ghost Nation online as well.

I assumed that was because (they thought) the hosts were still using host non-lethal ammo.

Basically just an action episode which I believe they've earned.

Timbo

Staff member
I assumed that was because (they thought) the hosts were still using host non-lethal ammo.

Basically just an action episode which I believe they've earned.

I suppose - but the season 1 finale made it pretty clear that this wasn't the case.

Timbo

Staff member
Yep, kicked it back up to 11. William and Delos - just outstanding.

Apey

Staff member
Most boring episode of the season for me. Looks like it will be better next week though.

Timbo

Staff member
I didn’t mind it. I lol’d pretty hard at the revelation that Lee just copy/pastes stories.

Apey

Staff member
I think just Shogun world didn't interest me and am keen for more William and less Dolores/Maive, especially after last week lol.

gUt

Coach
Filler episode, what a waste of an hour and a letdown after last week. Don't go Walking Dead on us pleeeease...

Latest posts