What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Townsend for NSW?

Frank Facer

First Grade
First, I know he's not quite ready and it's not our interests for him to be in contention...but what kinda conspiracy is keeping him outside of football 'experts' speculated teams?

He just keeps stringing together good to (last night) great games. Gets repeat sets, slick kicking game, his running game has been up there for years and seems to be organising well when his pack gives him the space to do so.

It's insane to me that Nathan Cleary was favourite for the 7 but hasn't really done much that I've seen, that Jack Bird was in contention (does nothing), even Moylan was suggested as an option and Townsend outplays him every week. With such low half stocks for the Blues, why is Townsend literally NEVER mentioned?

I know some of you guys here don't like him, but he keeps going up another level and I reckon his best is still ahead of him. Is there a reason the commentary knobs don't mention him as a NSW option, but are willing to talk about nobody youths with no track records?
As soon as I saw the thread title, I laughed out loud. lol

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would pick

1 Tedesco
2 Addo Carr
3 Mitchell
4 Tom Turbo
5 Fergo
6 Maloney
7 Cleary (he should be back this week)
13 DeBelin
12 Sims
11 Frizell
10 Klemmer
9 McInnes
8 Vaughn

14 Gutherson
15 Jake Turbo
16 Campbell Gillard
17 Boyd

I would pick

1 Tedesco
2 Addo Carr
3 Mitchell
4 Tom Turbo
5 Fergo
6 Maloney
13 DeBelin
12 Sims
11 Frizell
10 Klemmer
9 McInnes
8 Vaughn

14 Gutherson
15 Jake Turbo
16 Campbell Gillard
17 Boyd
no let foot kicker, Cleary can hardly walk as of yesterday, Vaughan is going rubbish, RCG gets owned every week, Gutherson? WTF? Rubbish team.

chewsta

First Grade
Id pick that other big curly haired forward from Penrith, just to watch him belt merkins. Fisher-Harris is it? He would make a good enforcer off the bench.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I would pick

1 Tedesco
2 Addo Carr
3 Mitchell
4 Tom Turbo
5 Fergo
6 Maloney
13 DeBelin
12 Sims
11 Frizell
10 Klemmer
9 McInnes
8 Vaughn

14 Gutherson
15 Jake Turbo
16 Campbell Gillard
17 Boyd

Mitchell? He can’t play out a full game in the centres. Has to bludgeon on the wing

Aitken is better. Tedesco is a bum. Put Dufty in.

Put all the dragons in FAIC. Let SOO f**k them up for the NRL

Surely

Post Whore
1. Tom t
2. Dennis
3. Aitken
4. Roberts
5. Carr
6. Keary
7. Maloney

8. Vaughan
9. Cook
10. Klemmer
11. Sims
12. Cordner
13. Jake t

14. Radley
15. Frizzell
16. De belin
17. Fitzgibbon

King Ben

Juniors
Gould said on Monday that the halves chosen will "really surprise us." I'm suddenly worried.

txta2

Bench
Townsend just doesn’t have the class unfortunately. He is wholehearted I have to say and has a goAiden Sezer has his moments and is not getting a mention either. Green only just shades both of them. Austin was only just recently dropped to Reggie’s, Bird would be a risk as his form is shite, Keary would be a query with his size although I think he plays above his weight, Graham is just a no for the halves and would be underdone for the 1st game anyway and form doesn’t warrant it at this stage (he had good touches when he was briefly on field on Saturday night)
There’s not even a real smoky that you could chuck in with Maloney. Walker? Cook?!?! Green to me is the best foil for Maloney....I’d go with this-

1 Tedesco
2 Ado Carr
3 Aitken
4 Mitchell
5 T Trobovic
6 Green
7 Maloney
8 Campbell Gillard
9 Mcinnis
10 De Belin
11 T Sims
12 Cordner
13 Frizzell

14 Cook
15 Vaughan
16 Jackson
17 Klemmer
Yep , class, some people need to look the meaning up. If Chad was picked, besides a hand full of people, the rest of Australia would lol.
As for your SOO team yeah, worries me about all the Dragonsplayers. Besides Frizzel they tend to go soft for SOO

I cant see him being selected due to

1) The “Darling” syndrome as mentioned
2) The Sharks form and having to play next to an anchor
3) His reasonably short long kicking game

However, Fittler has consistently chosen him in City teams. Freddie like Chad. Coif is the Rocksteady of NRL turtles. The only time NSW has won in recent memory was with a similar style half, Hokko. Chad would play the plan and game given him.

So, while I cant see it I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he was named.

I do expect Fittler to do things differently though.

Half is not the problem for me. 6 is the issue. Talk is they want Jimmy in 7 so he touched the ball more. Means they will struggle to find an inform 6. FFS people even mentioning TPP as 6.

Jimmy was never starved of possession at 6 with the Sharks was he?

I actually wouldnt be surprised if Chad’s recent rich vein of form is due to some encouraging words from Freddie.
I watched 100% footy yesterday and Gould said a lot of what you said.
Gus already knows who the halves will be and even briefly mentioned how Fittler picked his City sides on certain players.
It is a good segment to see if you get the chance.