What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Reddragon

Bench
There are rumours that the interchange will be reduced to 6 very shortly. I was always on the cards. First reduce it from 10 to 8 and then reduce it to 6.

If/when this does happen, props are going are probably going to get lighter. Big props won't be able to play long minutes. This could be a concern for someone such as Boyd, who doesn't play big minutes. Someone such as Pangai would probably become even more valuable as I think he can play big minutes. Sam Burgess's value could increase.

I do remember back in the early 80's (I think it was 82) when they had the players weight and height on the back of the footy cards. The heaviest player in the comp was Don McKinnon. I am pretty sure he weighed 112 kgs. I think Pat Jarvis who was an origin prop and a great player weighed about 96kgs. I think Craig Young was around 102kgs. In the 80's clubs could only make 4 replacements and once a player was replaced they could not come back on the field. Reducing the interchange to 6 will change the game. Smaller players will benefit. We may see more running from dummy half. A player such as Dufty could become very dangerous from dummy half late in the game.

The focus on size has also made league a much more boring game. Too much bash and barge at the expense of skill.

Gareth67

First Grade
That is what I have heard to but as I said before if he stay it will be for less.
But not a lot

The Warriors have a history of signing top players with big pay packets to match , but a few appear to take some time to settle into their new club .

Some languish in the lower grades before finally finding their feet , whereas some even fall by the wayside not to be heard of again .

I would hate that to happen to Leeson as he would truly be of value to any team , most preferably at the Dragons .

Last edited:
Nothing to laugh about that. There is already paper talk that Easts are in the hunt for Taupau.

Is that paper bags full of cash talk?

But seriously, two $1 million plus players, SOO captain, International front rower, Keary didn’t leave Souths for nothing, SOO players in the back line.
If the NRL let Easts sign another player on 600-800 they mays as well just admit the cap doesn’t apply to them.

Gareth67

First Grade
Ok, laugh if you like, but most likely going to the Roosters if he leaves the Sea Eagles.

Exactly , of course that is where he will go , hence the meaning of the large bags overflowing with money . That is the only way that the Dragons could compete with a club such as the Roosters . It is no laughing matter , but that is the way the ' cap ' works for some .

Last edited:

Ritzley

Juniors
Exactly , of course that is where he will go , hence the meaning of the large bags overflowing with money . That is the only way that the Dragons could compete with a club such as the Roosters . It is no laughing matter , but that is the way the ' cap ' works for some .

Jeez folks, don't forget they still have cap left over from Russell Fairfax and Artie Beetson retiring not to mention Sonny Bill leaving. Man everyone gives the Roosters such a hard time when they are obviously prudent money managers... lol....

Latest posts