What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player welfare

What idiot in his right mind, see a player injure his hip, have to come off the field, cannot train all week, and still selects him to play the following weekend.
JDB is having the season of his life, almost a certainty for Origin, and McMuppet still tells him to go out and play on one leg, and without an extra forward on the bench to top it off.
If he’s out for any extended period now, we know who to send the Get Well Soon cards too.

While I’m on the subject. Payne Haas.
How, in this day and age, when we know the dangers of playing concussed, does an 18y.o kid, who’s brains is still developing, get to run out on the field a week after getting knocked senseless?
The NRL needs to step on and start standing players down after getting knocked out, it can’t be left up to the clubs anymore.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Our team leads the comp & it's very simple......any player that is busted, should be rested and given time to fully recover.
It's a long year and we need our best players to be fit and firing at seasons end and not burnt out.
Give the young blokes a decent opportunity by rotating and utilising the roster. That's why you have the bloody thing!

Zucchini

Juniors
What idiot in his right mind, see a player injure his hip, have to come off the field, cannot train all week, and still selects him to play the following weekend.
JDB is having the season of his life, almost a certainty for Origin, and McMuppet still tells him to go out and play on one leg, and without an extra forward on the bench to top it off.
If he’s out for any extended period now, we know who to send the Get Well Soon cards too.

How, in this day and age, when we know the dangers of playing concussed, does an 18y.o kid, who’s brains is still developing, get to run out on the field a week after getting knocked senseless?
The NRL needs to step on and start standing players down after getting knocked out, it can’t be left up to the clubs anymore.
Until the NRL employ independent doctors to rule on all things medical, "player welfare" will continue to be a joke and the game will be leave itself open to having its arse sued.

Gareth67

First Grade
In today's Telegraph ( page 5 ) there is a sad story of a young chap , only 22 years of age who died in the locker room on Saturday . He played for the Dapto Canaries and took ill and was found later in the change rooms , unfortunately the young man had passed on .

Very sad for his family and teammates . Whether he had suffered an injury on the field it does not say , but as you gentlemen above have said the NRL can not afford to take any chances whatsoever .

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

BGB's ............. I must admit l had similar thoughts about JDB when l saw him early in the game.
I was thinking, he should not be playing.

Mr Towball-Head obviously had other ideas. As many of us tend to think, the next month will display a few realities.

As far as Payne goes .............. its obvious he got a Payne in the head, not the Haas.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
BGB's ............. I must admit l had similar thoughts about JDB when l saw him early in the game.
I was thinking, he should not be playing.

Mr Towball-Head obviously had other ideas. As many of us tend to think, the next month will display a few realities.

As far as Payne goes .............. its obvious he got a Payne in the head, not the Haas.
Who's call is it for JDB to play?
medical staff
coaching staff
JDB
or a combination of all 3

slippery5

Juniors

It's decisions like this prevents me from forgetting all the negative thoughts I have on this coach, I don't care where we are running, his management of the bench is laughable.

blacksafake

First Grade

To answer your 1st question L plate was the idiot