What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs Canberra

getsmarty

Immortal
dragons_matchday_round11_news.jpg

GAME DAY

Game day information: Round 11
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 14 May 2018, 11:37 AM

The St George Illawarra Dragons will take their Round 11 clash against the Canberra Raiders to Mudgee's Glen Willow Stadium on Sunday, May 20.

11:30am: Gates open
11:45am: Under 16s Western Rams v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
2pm: NRL kick-off

Broadcast – Fox League

Doubles

Winning doubles monies can be collected next to the Dragons merchandise van on the eastern side of the stadium up to 20 minutes post-match.

GAME DAY ACTIVITIES

Precinct activities

You will find all of your favourite Dragons activities around the precinct:

• Grab your copy of the 2018 Flames squad postersfrom the girls at entry gates.
  • Find your name of theRed V member wall
  • See how you measure up to your favourite Dragons players at the 'measure up' banner
  • Visit our family hill where there will be plenty of activity to keep the kids entertained
Match promotions

• Hold up your Westfund banner for a chance to win a $100 Dragons merchandise voucher.
  • Dance your way to a $100 St George Bank EFTPOS card with our St.George Bank fired up dance cam.
RED V MEMBERSHIP

Member access

Platinum and Dragons faithful (Mudgee) members are the only Red V Members who have access to this game with their membership. All platinum and Dragons faithful (Mudgee) members have been emailed their tickets.

If you would like to upgrade your Dragons faithful membership to a Dragons faithful (Mudgee) membership which includes 1 x GA ticket to this game, please contact the Red V membership team on 1300 DRAGON or via redv@dragons.com.au.

All other Red V Members can access a discount on pre-purchased tickets through Ticketek. Please check your emails for the code listed under 'Member Ticket Offers' to access the discount.

Discount expires 11:59pm, Saturday, May 19, 2018 and is not valid on game day.

Red V Member enquiries on game day

Should you have a membership enquiry on game day or would like to become a Red V member for 2018, please see membership staff at the ground at the Red V Membership marquee.

Red V member event

Red V Members are exclusively invited to watch the Dragons captain's run (training session) and meet the players afterwards.

Saturday, May 19, 2018
Glen Willow Stadium
Time: TBA

Please register your attendance by emailing your full name and member number to redv@dragons.com.au by Thursday, May 17th.

Discounts

Don't forget to bring along your Red V membership card to access your members discount on Dragons merchandise from the Dragons caravan.

TICKETS

Due to expected high demand for tickets, it is recommended that you pre-purchase your tickets through Ticketek. Tickets will be available to purchase on game day at the box office (western side of the ground).

Click here to purchase tickets

GA tickets

Red V members pre-sale

Pre-sale

Walk up prices

Adult

$20

$25

$30

Concession

$16

$20

$25

Junior

$12

$15

$20

Family

$40

$55

$60

Tickets for this game are not available for sale from the Dragons team store.

Conditions of entry to Glen Willow Stadium

MERCHANDISE

Shop and huts

Open

Close

Dragons team store

Leagues Club

CLOSED

CLOSED

Merch van

Behind the hill, off Pitts Lane

11:30am

15-mins post-game

Special offers/promos

Dragons wearing

Home jersey

Away team attending

TBC

TRANSPORT INFORMATION

There is strictly no public parking permitted at the venue on game day. Patrons are advised to catch the free shuttle bus or walk to the venue.

There will be a free shuttle bus service operating throughout the Mudgee CBD. Services will commence at 11am and operate on a continuous loop to Glen Willow Stadium from the below pick up/drop off locations:

• Mudgee Tourist Office - Market Street
  • Mudgee High – Perry Street (Victoria Park side of the road)
  • St Matthew's Catholic School – Lewis Street
  • Mudgee Race Course
Services will depart Glen Willow Stadium to the CBD at the completion of the game at Glen Willow.

A low-floor bus will be available for patrons requiring assistance.

Walking

Glen Willow is accessible from the Mudgee CBD. Patrons parking in the Mudgee CBD will be able to walk a short distance (approx. 1km) to Glen Willow Stadium.

Parking

Limited parking will be available at the Mudgee Racecourse and Parklands Resort with a $2 donation to the Lions Club payable on entry. Please follow directions from traffic management personnel.

Disabled parking

Vehicles displaying a disabled parking pass will be permitted to park in the car park areas on Pitts Lane directly across from the Stadium. Please follow instructions from traffic management personnel.

A low-floor bus will be available from the Mudgee CBD for patrons requiring assistance. Please refer to free hail and ride service information.

Spectator drop-off

No drop-off is permitted on Pitts Lane. Drop-off should be to one of the four hail and ride service locations.

Gate entry

There will be two ticketed entry gates to the stadium:

• Eastern side (best entry for general admission)
    • Western side (best for ticket purchases and grandstand seating)
For more information please head to the below link: http://www.midwestern.nsw.gov.au/community--recreation/Events/2018-nrl-matches2/

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/05/14/game-day-information-round-11/

Brutalitops

Juniors
Should be a great game for the boys to bounce back. It should do their confidence wonders that both losses have come from teams on their own rolls rather than cellar dwellers.

Raiders are ours for the taking.

Bench
JDB should be given a rest for the game. Graham looks hurt but be played big minutes against the Bunnies.
Hunt will recover from his cork and we need him.
McIdiot will, once again need to have a bench ready to play. Not keeping the bench warm

Canberra have been playing relatively poorly all season.

It is a game Saints should win provided we select a team of fit players.

Better to rest JDB and where necessary Hunt if he hasn't fully recovered by kick off.

Canberra will be without Blake Austin. So they won't be as effective in attack.

We need fresh forwards.

I would select a bench of LAM, Sele, Latimore and Leilua if Hunt is out with Mann to play in the Halves.

If Hunt is good to go, Leilua to drop off the bench with Mann to take his place.

Canberra has a big pack of forwards. We need to aim up to win the forward battle.

Using the bench judiciously is the key to winning this one.

All the backs need to put one finger in to a live electrical socket if we are to start fast and perform to the highest level.

Crush

Coach
You’re starting to sound like Mickey now :grinning:
I know.
Ive had to endure a full day of people sending me choking memes, May Premiers, The beginning of the end.....
We need to bounce back with a statement and only 50 nil will do.

Old Timer

Coach
Canberra have been playing relatively poorly all season.

It is a game Saints should win provided we select a team of fit players.

Better to rest JDB and where necessary Hunt if he hasn't fully recovered by kick off.

Canberra will be without Blake Austin. So they won't be as effective in attack.

We need fresh forwards.

I would select a bench of LAM, Sele, Latimore and Leilua if Hunt is out with Mann to play in the Halves.

If Hunt is good to go, Leilua to drop off the bench with Mann to take his place.

Canberra has a big pack of forwards. We need to aim up to win the forward battle.

Using the bench judiciously is the key to winning this one.

All the backs need to put one finger in to a live electrical socket if we are to start fast and perform to the highest level.
If Rapana & Cottrick get any room to move they will put a score on us.
Canberra haven't won many but have been competitive, shown glimpses of good form and a win for them is not very far away.
They have the ability to score points, especially from long range and I fully expect Havilli to cause us lots of problems out of dummy half which also helped kill us last week.
If they bust our middle open we will be in for a very tough afternoon.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Canberra haven't won many but have been competitive, shown glimpses of good form and a win for them is not very far away.
They have the ability to score points, especially from long range and I fully expect Havilli to cause us lots of problems out of dummy half which also helped kill us last week.
Yeah, Canberra are one of those teams where you look at ladder position they seem like they must be shit, but when you actually look at their performances, they have been quite competitive and attacking well. Didn't they lose their opening 3 games at the last minute after leading?

We should beat them regardless though, these are the games we can't have excuses for. I could let Warriors and Souths losses slide because they were against teams who probably could have beat any team on that day (and that we played well in the Warriors game, and were busted a bit in the Souths game), but Canberra is really a team we should beat by at least 8 points.

Reddragon

Bench
Should be a great game for the boys to bounce back. It should do their confidence wonders that both losses have come from teams on their own rolls rather than cellar dwellers.

Raiders are ours for the taking.

I'm sure I read stuff like this last week in the Souths thread.

Crush

Coach
Canberra have great outside backs and plenty of enthusiasm at times. Their goal line defense is good also. But they are weak as piss through the middle. Teams with the better forward packs march up field like its under 10s.
If we play them through the middle and dominate their forwards as I am sure we can then it is the Raiders who will be in for a very tough afternoon.

Old Timer

Coach
Canberra have great outside backs and plenty of enthusiasm at times. Their goal line defense is good also. But they are weak as piss through the middle. Teams with the better forward packs march up field like its under 10s.
If we play them through the middle and dominate their forwards as I am sure we can then it is the Raiders who will be in for a very tough afternoon.
If we can't score form outside their 20 we certainly won't score from within it and that is the big concern for me as you correctly pointed out they are not too bad on their goal line and the refs have dropped the ball on sin bins for repeated offside.
Austin not playing might actually cost them in attack but could very well stiffen up their defence so it will be a very interesting afternoon.
If we pick JDB and Graham starts and plays long minutes I think we will lose unless Mc Fookknuckle has a revelation about bench selection and usage.

Crush

Coach
If we can't score form outside their 20 we certainly won't score from within it and that is the big concern for me as you correctly pointed out they are not too bad on their goal line and the refs have dropped the ball on sin bins for repeated offside.
Austin not playing might actually cost them in attack but could very well stiffen up their defence so it will be a very interesting afternoon.
If we pick JDB and Graham starts and plays long minutes I think we will lose unless Mc Fookknuckle has a revelation about bench selection and usage.
I know that we had a loss yesterday but you are REALLY ripping in here. You have made a lot of negative posts in the past 24 hours.
I understand your frustration with the bench and yesterdays loss but I feel you are being a bit dramatic.
All of a sudden you have us not being able to score points, there are McFooknuckles flying left right and center, Raiders are going to lap us...
Cmon OT, its not panic stations just yet is it?