What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs Canberra

Old Timer

Coach
I know that we had a loss yesterday but you are REALLY ripping in here. You have made a lot of negative posts in the past 24 hours.
I understand your frustration with the bench and yesterdays loss but I feel you are being a bit dramatic.
All of a sudden you have us not being able to score points, there are McFooknuckles flying left right and center, Raiders are going to lap us...
Cmon OT, its not panic stations just yet is it?
Now you need to be fair in appraising my post because I didn't say Canberra would lap us I said if we give Rapana & Cottrick any room they will put a score on us.
So not sure you're understanding my post so let me put it this way
  1. Do you think team selection including bench is the best it can be or do you think there are some changes that could be made to enhance the team?
  2. Do you think we are showing signs of not being able to score from within the opposition 20 as we pretty much failed to do so last week and TBH only some individual brilliance in recent games has proven the difference?
  3. Do you think that with at one stage with > 60% possession we should have done much better but appeared to have no plan B?
  4. Do you think it was lunacy to pick a week bench & to play an injured player against an inform side with a huge and mobile pack?
  5. Do you think our attack looks somewhat impotent if our forwards don't dominate the majority of the game.
  6. Do you think any of our forwards are starting to show signs of fatigue or injury?
If your answer to any of these is yes then you should be concerned as these are exactly the same issues that we have faced before, failed to recognise and suffered the consequences of, so if he doesn't change his methodology what makes you think that this year will end better than last year?
If you think the answer is Graham & Hunt like many subscribe to then I suggest that is not necessarily correct as Graham is already slowing down and getting busted and Hunt certainly is very good but has a few bad games in him as well and having the onerous job of keeping the RH side defence together.
Not panic stations but alarm bells ringing IMO and we need a coach that can see the reality of the situation and act upon it and are you 100% confident that we have that type of coach because I certainly don't.

Crush

Coach
Now you need to be fair in appraising my post because I didn't say Canberra would lap us I said if we give Rapana & Cottrick any room they will put a score on us.
  1. Do you think team selection including bench is the best it can be or do you think there are some changes that could be made to enhance the team?
  2. Do you think we are showing signs of not being able to score from within the opposition 20 as we pretty much failed to do so last week and TBH only some individual brilliance in recent games has proven the difference?
  3. Do you think that with at one stage with > 60% possession we should have done much better but appeared to have no plan B?
  4. Do you think it was lunacy to pick a week bench & to play an injured player against an inform side with a huge and mobile pack?
  5. Do you think our attack looks somewhat impotent if our forwards don't dominate the majority of the game.
  6. Do you think any of our forwards are starting to show signs of fatigue or injury?
If your answer to any of these is yes then you should be concerned as these are exactly the same issues that we have faced before, failed to recognise and suffered the consequences of, so if he doesn't change his methodology what makes you think that this year will end better than last year?
If you think the answer is Graham & Hunt like many subscribe to then I suggest that is not necessarily correct as Graham is already slowing down and getting busted and Hunt certainly is very good but has a few bad games in him as well and having the onerous job of keeping the RH side defence together.
Not panic stations but alarm bells ringing IMO and we need a coach that can see the reality of the situation and act upon it and are you 100% confident that we have that type of coach because I certainly don't.
OK

1. Yes I believe this is our strongest 13.
Bench no I think we should select
Au Mau
Latimore
Host/Sele
Mann

2. No I do not believe we have any problems with scoring points whether it be within the oppositions 20 or otherwise. We have scored plenty of points this year and I believe last week we had an off game.

3. If talking about last weeks game I state again that it was one game and we had a shocker. Previous weeks we beat both Storm and Roosters convincingly and prior to those mammoth games had won 6/7

4. I think last week the coach got the bench wrong. The bench has been an issue I admit.

5. If our forwards don't dominate sure. But our forwards do dominate and our attack is potent and the evidence of that is in the 8 wins 2 losses and first on the ladder. And we have scored a lot of points. Our attack is fine.

6. No I do not believe any of our forwards are starting to show signs of fatigue or injury other than the injury to JDB which is a miraculous start to the season. 10 weeks in and JDB has a minor injury. Thats it. Great result.

Yes I do subscribe to the theory that Hunt and Graham are the answer and will make the difference in 2018.

We lost last week, next week we will win. Thats all.

Old Timer

Coach
OK

1. Yes I believe this is our strongest 13.
Bench no I think we should select
Au Mau
Latimore
Host/Sele
Mann

2. No I do not believe we have any problems with scoring points whether it be within the oppositions 20 or otherwise. We have scored plenty of points this year and I believe last week we had an off game.

3. If talking about last weeks game I state again that it was one game and we had a shocker. Previous weeks we beat both Storm and Roosters convincingly and prior to those mammoth games had won 6/7

4. I think last week the coach got the bench wrong. The bench has been an issue I admit.

5. If our forwards don't dominate sure. But our forwards do dominate and our attack is potent and the evidence of that is in the 8 wins 2 losses and first on the ladder. And we have scored a lot of points. Our attack is fine.

6. No I do not believe any of our forwards are starting to show signs of fatigue or injury other than the injury to JDB which is a miraculous start to the season. 10 weeks in and JDB has a minor injury. Thats it. Great result.

Yes I do subscribe to the theory that Hunt and Graham are the answer and will make the difference in 2018.

We lost last week, next week we will win. Thats all.
OK Mexican stand off for a few more weeks and then let's discuss again.
In the end if I am wrong I will be happy to fess up as such but if we do take a nose dive (not necessarily a ship wreck) and we do nothing about it, I will be more pissed off than ever because it will only solidify my opinion that we don't heed any warnings nor do we adapt when necessary and the time is right to do so.
PS I really think Graham is looking tired and a bit busted and whilst he brings a lot of guidance, experience etc I will watch with great interest how he goes over the next few games.

2010Dragons

Bench
Hey if our Dragons continue to play footy like they played against the Bunnies, then it will be a very hard game to win.
Last week against the bunnies,too many dumb unforced errors, drop balls, crap passes and dumb penalties.
The intent and hungry to win must be 100%

Raiders have the highest dummy half runs with 162. (They are very good in broken play.)
Raiders have the second worst ineffective tackles 176
Raiders have second highest penalties conceded. 99

https://www.nrl.com/stats/

Old Timer

Coach
Hey if our Dragons continue to play footy like they played against the Bunnies, then it will be a very hard game to win.
Last week against the bunnies,too many dumb unforced errors, drop balls, crap passes and dumb penalties.
The intent and hungry to win must be 100%

Raiders have the highest dummy half runs with 162. (They are very good in broken play.)
Raiders have the second worst ineffective tackles 176
Raiders have second highest penalties conceded. 99

https://www.nrl.com/stats/
If they control the bottom 2 points you raised they will be a formidable opposition on the day.
It is obvious they can play and put on points it's more a headspace thing with them and when they do click all teams best be on guard or they can take a game by the throat and I suspect they aren't too far away from that.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Yes- my take on De Belin playing when he was obviously unfit with the hip flexor which he contracted last week, was that Mary has no confidence in the ISP players -at least at this point of time. Mary's unspoken attitude seems to be that he has a plan to win the comp using just 16 players and one ISP project player who will vary from week to week and, like Lomax on Sunday be given a few token minutes when the game is gone so that they feel relevant. I don't know what's going on down there in ISP land, but last time I looked, the pack had been turned upside down and prop Lawrie was being played at lock ( is there a plan to turn him into the next Trent Merrin?) and lock/2nd row Sele was playing prop. How the Mary no confidence treatment will prepare ISP players for the weeks and months ahead when they have to start in place of injured/ origin players is beyond me.

TruSaint

Referee
Since i made a bold prediction that we " should beat Souths and beat them well ", I will refrain from any predictions.

Bear in mind I also said, we " will lose against the Storm ".

Over to you lads, as my analysis over the past few weeks has been abysmal.

ozbuck

Juniors
We'll lose this one...and then the Mary back stabbers will be in full force.

Doom and gloom by the end of the game. Wait for it..... :joy:

Gareth67

First Grade
Follow your nose to the scent of grapes coming from the winery’s and horse shit coming from the horse studs and you can’t miss it

Those horse studs , particularly around Rylstone way , gave me a fair idea about about the birds and the bees when I was only a young kid . By gad some of the things that I saw them horses do left me absolutely astounded .

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Can't believe JDB has been selected, he needs to be rested to properly recover. Lawrie is this weeks 5 Minute Man. Wish they would allow Mary only 5 minutes in the coaching box and see how he feels!
Mary did spend 5 minutes in the box when chinless was coach and like the cuckoo he is he pushed chinless out of the nest and that's how we got him as our full time coach.
Picking JDB again just shows how moronic he really is.

getsmarty

Immortal
teamlist_round11_newstile.jpg

TEAM LISTS

NRL team: Round 11 v Canberra Raiders
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 15 May 2018, 04:00 PM

St George Illawarra Dragons coach Paul McGregor has named his mandatory 21-man squad to face the Canberra Raiders at Mudgee's Glen Willow Stadium on Sunday, May 20 at 2pm.

Despite their last start loss to the South Sydney Rabbitohs, the Dragons remain atop the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership ladder.

Blake Lawrie is set to feature in his first NRL game of the season after replacing last start debutant Zac Lomax in the 17.

Lomax returns to the reserves list following his sharp stint against the Rabbitohs.

Plenty of fantastic tickets remain for the Dragons' clash in Mudgee which are available via Ticketek; with families able to enter the game for just $55.

Another option for those living out in the Central West is to purchase a Mudgee Faithful membership.

At just $85 for an adult or $235 for a family, the Mudgee Faithful membership will gain you access to the Dragons' clash against the Raiders as well as a membership pack which includes a cap, wall flag, lanyard, sticker, key ring and member's card.

NRL squad for Round 11 v Canberra Raiders:

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Illawarra Mercury/St George & Sutherland Shire Leader
2. Nene Macdonald – sponsored by Relativity in the Loop
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Tim Lafai – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
5. Jason Nightingale – sponsored by SMAI
6. Gareth Widdop (c) – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
7. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX
9. Cameron McInnes – sponsored by Floormania
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by My Muscle Chef
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Val Morgan
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Destination Wollongong
13. Jack de Belin – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski

Interchange:
14. Jeremy Latimore – sponsored by Addbuild Additions
15. Kurt Mann – sponsored by Wollongong Diagnostics
16. Leeson Ah Mau – sponsored by Westfund
17. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Domus Lighting
18. Reece Robson
19. Zac Lomax
20. Mitchell Allgood
21. Hame Sele

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/05/15/nrl-team-round-11-v-canberra-raiders/

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
2018_dragons_isp_round_9_reuben_garrick.jpg

TEAM LISTS

ISP/JFlegg teams: Round 11 v Warriors
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 15 May 2018, 04:00 PM

St George Illawarra Intrust Super Premiership coach Mat Head has named his Round 11 team to play the New Zealand Warriors on Saturday, May 19 at Henson Park (1pm).

As part of the NSWRL Magic Weekend, the ISP Dragons have been forced into a forward pack reshuffle following Blake Lawrie's promotion into the NRL side to play the Canberra Raiders in Mudgee.

St George Illawarra Jersey Flegg coach Wayne Collins has also named a 20-strong squad to face the Warriors at Belmore Sportsground at 2pm.

Following a two-week hiatus of the Flegg competition, the young Dragons will be ready to get their season back on track as they currently sit outside the top eight.

ISP team: Round 11 v Warriors –

1. Patrick Herbert
2. John Tohi
3. Matheson Johns
4. Reuben Garrick
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Jai Field
7. Darren Nicholls
8. Mitchell Allgood
9. Joe Lovodua
10. Josh Kerr
11. Jackson Ford