What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cam Smith retiring from rep footy

OldPanther

Coach
Maloney wouldn't be fit to carry the kicking tee off the park after JT curls one in from the sidelines and you know it

3 grand finals at 3 different clubs with 2 wins and carrying a fourth into the top 4. It's time people acknowledge Maloney is a great of the game.

blaza88z

Coach
3 grand finals at 3 different clubs with 2 wins and carrying a fourth into the top 4. It's time people acknowledge Maloney is a great of the game.

He cherry picked each of those sides, JT had to play along side some of the worst first graders you'll ever see and year in year out and was the primary reason the Cowboys were competitive during those dire years, Maloney said as much last week on the Matty Johns show that he only ever went to play for sides that had an established pack

OldPanther

Coach
At club level. Sure. In Origin he has never been as good as them though. No NSW half since Joey has been on that level.

The Melbourne big 3/4 helps a lot there. Not saying they aren't all champions but they got a lot of help at rep level that is unprecedented in the game.

In 2014 when half the Australian side was missing, most notably Thurston and Slater, Cronk was outright average that entire series and Australia ended up losing. I was interested to see how he'd do at the Roosters without those players and surprise surprise he's been nothing but ordinary.

Thurston too is a product of having a great team beside him, I mean last year they managed to go all the way to the big one without him there.

Having said all that, comparing Maloney to Thurston is too far, comparing him to Cronk is a bit more accurate. Thurston is probably the best player to lace em up since Joey Johns.

Generalzod

Immortal
32580453_10155884274579022_5811412324279386112_o.jpg

OldPanther

Coach
In 2014 when half the Australian side was missing, most notably Thurston and Slater, Cronk was outright average that entire series and Australia ended up losing. I was interested to see how he'd do at the Roosters without those players and surprise surprise he's been nothing but ordinary.

Thurston too is a product of having a great team beside him, I mean last year they managed to go all the way to the big one without him there.

Having said all that, comparing Maloney to Thurston is too far, comparing him to Cronk is a bit more accurate. Thurston is probably the best player to lace em up since Joey Johns.

To clarify I think JT is one of the best ever. Maloney deserves to be spoken about as one of the greats though.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Is this his way of sooking it up about actually getting suspended for something? I think so.

Thanks for the dynasty, Cam. You're still a cancerous prick at NRL level. Also f**king lol @ NSW. *Gasp* "They're all gone! They're finally gone! Our time has come at last!"

It has been a long wait, hasn't it.

OldPanther

Coach
Is this his way of sooking it up about actually getting suspended for something? I think so.

Thanks for the dynasty, Cam. You're still a cancerous prick at NRL level. Also f**king lol @ NSW. *Gasp* "They're all gone! They're finally gone! Our time has come at last!"

We don't care. We just wanted Loz gone.

Saxon

Bench
He's a total asshole for doing this. As it is the series was looking pretty boring after the departure of Jonathan Thurston and Cooper Cronk and he pulls this shit 3 weeks out from the series opener - selfish bastard. He's robbed NSW of a half decent victory and given a massive f**k you to all of Queensland.
He's been taking victories off NSW since 2006

Saxon

Bench

Oh the irony of a Broncos fan calling any other club or player a cancer on the game...

Showtime

Juniors
Smith, Cronk and Thurston to come back for the series decider just to take the piss out of NSW one more time.